Igloo/Hermes tamworth

Received a text off said co saying they are looking for 150/200 drivers As opening new depot in tamworth in mid September. Have done a bit of work for them in the past(agency) hope this helps a few lads cheers Darren

toyotat:
Received a text off said co saying they are looking for 150/200 drivers As opening new depot in tamworth in mid September. Have done a bit of work for them in the past(agency) hope this helps a few lads cheers Darren

Thought they already had a place not so far away in Nuneaton?

just went on job website and they are advertising for above amount of drivers also warehouse staff.Phone a number to register for presentation day, does any one on here have any ideas where in tamworth its going to be as im guessing birch coppice.

Job is a total doss, parcel trunking, light weight, £10 per hour full time!

Hermes are mega on the up, coining it and owned by the Jerry’s. I’d be in there if I was looking. Occado at Birch Coppice are looking as well £9.50 but you have a camera pointed at your face all day! F that.

The national hub is the one in Nuneaton. This’ll just be a satellite depot or maybe a partner depot for the hub.

they will be moving into the old focus dc near brakes and ventura park.

they applied for the O licence for focus do it all old place a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, I know it, been empty since Focus went under seemingly.

i think the contract for employed drivers will be any 5 out of 7 ■■■■■ ?

Wait till January and see what biblical arses igloo are.

any info on Hermes tamworth any good ect ?

Same old story with Igloo I’d say, great before Crimbo then it’s, “what’s your name again pal”.

I don’t know wether all the jobs are via Igloo agency or some are direct, I would say you just need to find out if you’ll be used year round or as & when before accepting a job.

They will tell you what you want to hear so I’d get a contract that isn’t zero hours or some such BS.

Went to the open day and passed driving assessment was told on 22nd August I had a job and induction was 15/16 sept that got cancelled as I was told hermes only inducting 20 drivers a week not 60 funny how they only wanted 75.
Went to see them 18th October and was told they stopped inducting 2 weeks before and we are keeping 40 drivers names and when a full time job comes up we will let you know they only took 22 on to start with.

The job is full time (holiday and sick pay) thro igloo with hermes well that’s if you can get 1 that is.wasted 2weeks waiting for an induction that wasnt going to happen.
Cheers igloo thanks a lot.

yet some more outfits buddy full off BS, they should become politicians.

Well lads I’ve been working for these for the last 3 weeks and I can only tell you what I’ve seen. In the last two weeks they have lost over 15 drivers. People just walking out, I’ve seen arguments in the office which has nearly come to blows and wages that have not been paid, and drivers are struggling to achieve their 40 hours minimum. At the moment its a standard agency contract but when you get taken on the EXPECT you you work 6 days then 5 days. The reason for all this is that they have significantly moved the goal posts from what was promised in the induction and what the reality is, they are two different things. One guy had a confrontation with an Igloo manager and as a result didn’t get paid for the whole week! He missed his mortgage payment and incurred fees.
When we were taken on we were guaranteed a 40 hour week, this now turns out to be false, if you don’t do 40 hours Monday to Friday you have to come in Sunday to ‘make it up’
I am a professional driver of 12 years and a manager of a large company for 14 years and I have never seen anything like it, so I’m out of there as well first chance, anybody know of any non agency full time employment in and around Tamworth I’d be gratefu.

m.a.n rules:
they will be moving into the old focus dc near brakes and ventura park.

Yep, know where you mean…it is a F off great site too. It looks like Interlink Express are in there too.

That’s truly chronic Ironblood how Micky Mouse! I’m amazed that Hermes would associate themselves with that type of behaviour but it seems they don’t give a toss about their employees/drivers as long as the price is right on the Igloo invoice.

Glad I didnt get the job by the posts on here, I dont know what it was on the open day but something didnt sound right everytime someone asked a question wether it was holiday wages hours or whatever they said yes igloo is great to work for.
Been in enough places as most have here to smell a rat and a big rat at that, been told by an agency that its not fully open till after Christmas.

I will stick to doing shop deliveries and yes they can be a nightmare to do specially underground but get to meet all kinds of people, and the crumpet in towns was in exeter yesterday after noon was everywhere lol :smiley: :smiley:.

Jeff.

Thanks for the reply boys. I’m in tonight so will keep you all updated about these clowns. Its your choice but once I’m gone it will be a cold day in hell before I work for that shambles again.

hi chaps
just my pennies worth on this for info…
been at hermes for the last 5 weeks, the probs are down to complete organisational incompetence.
plus as previously said…igloo don’t give a ■■■■ !
personally I know of at least 12 drivers who have walked
1 transport manager who quit ( there’s 4 ) and in his own words, it was because the other 3 did’nt have a clue what they were doing !
1 shunter walking
numerous warehouse staff gone…
transport office staff slating each other…
start times are an absolute joke in so much as they literally couldn’t be more wrong ( booked in wrong times and days

and heard of…25 drivers walking
1 driver being paid £17.00 into his account and the rest of his wage being paid into a different account ?
numerous drivers being short paid regulary
and on and on…
and before you ask …yes I am looking elsewhere
best advice I could give is to think long and hard if you are giving up a regular job
if you have nothing else then I suppose any port in a storm
maybe it will improve in time …but at the moment it is actually getting worse not better

keep safe…

By the sounds of it they’re just trying to run it like an agency which you can’t really do once you get above a certain size.