Igloo/Hermes tamworth

Silver_Surfer:
By the sounds of it they’re just trying to run it like an agency which you can’t really do once you get above a certain size.

Can’t really comment on that ^^^^^^ statement, but imo it sounds pretty much like any other large organisation in pretty much any sector of industry nowadays, in as much as management positions are filled by graduates who’s only real talent is self promotion! They turn up for their initial interview and dazzle the interviewer (who themselves have already been promoted beyond their abilities) with corporate speak gleaned from the pages of some Yank self help book. They get the job and meddle around the periphery changing minor details whilst producing endless flowcharts and bullet points whilst at the sametime refusing to make decisions in case it bites them in the bum. Eventually the high ups (they’ve read two self help books!) realise that their protégés aren’t actually achieving results so they promote them (sometimes sideways) into other areas that require their “expertise” and the whole cycle then repeats!

Jaded, moi? Surely not! :wink:

precisely they are all full of bull sh-t,
next year there will be a proper driver shortage with cpc’s kicking in and younger people not wanting to come in to this profession so they will have to pay better rates like before and more respect.

Got the contract today from Igloo! Just as I knew it would be… work 5 out of 7 with an additional shift every other week! so in other words 6 on 5 on 6 on 5 on etc. Holiday will be paid at basic rate for day work (im on nights so im gonna be £40 down if I take a holiday) so looking at taking home £320 for holiday week!
The contract itself sails right on the edge of employment law with igloo squeezing you every which way. Anyway I got to sign my life away so I can work over Xmas, then I’m orf matey…

Talking to other guys it seems all they want is a decent wage for a fair job and not to be screwed over by these unscrupulous agencies who it seems don’t dive a flying f*** about their staff and are in it for a quick buck.

Treat a driver right, pay him right, so some respect and hell knock 60 hours a week out for you every week, and haul anything you ask, treat him like sh** and you’ll have pleasure of employing our eastern European friends and enjoying the many unprofessional benefits that they bring… :imp:

brighton8:
next year there will be a proper driver shortage with cpc’s kicking in…

Really?

There’s no shortage of Coach Drivers since Sept 2013

just had a txt from them, there looking 10 drivers on permanent contract :smiley:

Looking for drivers now at the new Hermes depot just off jnct 8 m62 at warrington,That is also via igloo. Will be interesting to see how that depot treats its drivers.

dar1976:

brighton8:
next year there will be a proper driver shortage with cpc’s kicking in…

Really?

But that role is totally different to the role HGV drivers do

Ironblood:
I am a professional driver of 12 years and a manager of a large company for 14 years and I have never seen anything like it, so I’m out of there as well first chance, anybody know of any non agency full time employment in and around Tamworth I’d be gratefu.

Check out the Maritime Transport website dude! :wink: (£520 a week salary for nights, not sure of days!)

Will do many thanks. :slight_smile:

Ironblood:
Will do many thanks. :slight_smile:

YW mate. :slight_smile:

miked:
just had a txt from them, there looking 10 drivers on permanent contract :smiley:

Till December the 25th. :slight_smile:

dar1976:

Not quite… there is a shortage of part-time coach and bus drivers for school work as many in this sector were semi-retired people who just wanted 15hrs a week. Clearly if their employer isn’t paying for their DCPC they’re going to knock it on the head, which is what’s happened. I was speaking to a bloke in Liverpool who runs a lot of school work and he absolutely cannot get part timers for love nor money for exactly this reason.

I think Igloo is newer version of the old "white arrow "

Olog Hai:

dar1976:

Not quite… there is a shortage of part-time coach and bus drivers for school work as many in this sector were semi-retired people who just wanted 15hrs a week. Clearly if their employer isn’t paying for their DCPC they’re going to knock it on the head, which is what’s happened. I was speaking to a bloke in Liverpool who runs a lot of school work and he absolutely cannot get part timers for love nor money for exactly this reason.

I was a bus driver for 17 years in Liverpool then went into the office for 7 years before being made redundant 3 years ago, I had a call from a mate who is a depot manager a week or so ago offering me a driving job for just under £12 per hour with all the DCPC thrown in.

They really do seem to have got things sorted.

Permanent Contracts have been issued and pay is pretty much accurate.

Great job - I’m lovin it!!!

THEMEARTHWORMS:

Don’t tell me, you own igloo?

THEMEARTHWORMS:

is that you craig :smiley:

Well ladies and gents i got a phone call tonight IGLOO/HERMES AT TAMWORTH IS BENG MOTHBALLED until August/September. So tonight is my last night. On reflection of my 3month employment i can honestly say these are the worse company i have ever had the privilege to work for. I’m not gonna gripe and moan, ■■■■■ or complain, but i will say this to you all, please think very carefully before working for these clowns, they will let you down time and time again and i wouldn’t want any driver worth his salt to go through the crap that we all had to put up with. All i can say i is farewell and never again… YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Ironblood:
Well ladies and gents i got a phone call tonight IGLOO/HERMES AT TAMWORTH IS BENG MOTHBALLED until August/September.

Really? I went past yesterday and noticed that there’s a sign outside advertising for drivers. Strange stuff.

I know IGLOO are still trying to recruit drivers for the Nuneaton branch…