If your boss knew everything you did last week

Would you still be in a job?
Honest answers, please

Telemetry these days - makes one have to justify one continuing in a job each and every week. :frowning:

Instead of “Every meal is a Banquet, and every paycheque a Fortune” we know have "This week’s reasons-to-urge interview, based around your telemetry for last week:

…Starting with “Why did you stop in that layby” or “How come you took twice as long at that tip” or even “15 minutes to use the loo is unacceptable”…

Wouldn’t it be better if it were:

“The company made more money from you last week than anyone else, due to your good fuel economy, efficient route-finding around the closed roads, and level of customer satisfaction with your work ethic at the delivery site… There’ll be a little extra in your pay this week…”

There should be some upsides to drivers from

(1) Driver-facing Cameras
(2) External all-around Cameras
(3) Driver Monitoring devices such as Fleetboard
(4) Tacho digicard metadata
(5) Fleet Tracking devices mounted on works vehicle

…But alas, they are all just a stick to beat us hapless divers with… :frowning:

Yes as I work for a firm who you’re a person not a number

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Due to telemetry and trackers they know exactly what I am doing throughout the day

The Ball.jpg

Be Seeing You!

Almost our…

Entire fleet (we have one 66 and one 16 plate) is tracked so, all the time I’m bimbling down the A1 minding my own business, team pointy shoes knows exactly what’s happening. We don’t have driver facing cameras but we do have forward facing so any skullduggery/he brake checked me/they never signalled can be easily detected by the chosen ones.

But, less than two weeks ago we had a memo stating that if we were in any doubt our daily driving hours/breaks, we are to take a break or if in any confusion, phone in and ask for advice.

We arent tracked, we don’t have constant phone calls, we just get with what needs doing.
As long as the work is done, we can do what we like. I often pop home to pick stuff up or drop it off. I go to shops, visit friends if I’m passing. I’ve even been around a museum before :smiley:

109LWB:
We arent tracked, we don’t have constant phone calls, we just get with what needs doing.
As long as the work is done, we can do what we like. I often pop home to pick stuff up or drop it off. I go to shops, visit friends if I’m passing. I’ve even been around a museum before :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
did you go in to see your mummy?? :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Almost our…

Entire fleet (we have one 66 and one 16 plate) is tracked so, all the time I’m bimbling down the A1 minding my own business, team pointy shoes knows exactly what’s happening. We don’t have driver facing cameras but we do have forward facing so any skullduggery/he brake checked me/they never signalled can be easily detected by the chosen ones.

But, less than two weeks ago we had a memo stating that if we were in any doubt our daily driving hours/breaks, we are to take a break or if in any confusion, phone in and ask for advice.

Surely the only reason another driver would brake check you was if you were too close? Normally if brake lights come on it means the vehicle in front is slowing and if you are a safe distance behind you can then slow down gradually. On the other hand if you were too close and brake lights came on you may suspect the driver in front is doing it on purpose?
Never been brake checked myself :question:

dieseldog999:

109LWB:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She lives down a dirt track In the arse end of Wales, so…no.

Mmm

Question from office would be ,the truck does 75 why you only running at 65 my answer would be , because! End off , but they wouldn’t ask they treat you as professional able to get the job done and two rounders plus load for following week . Ohhhh. And last Friday’s q would be , wtf did you give yourself a concussion. And knock yourself out needing a CT scan and straining your back. In -15c snowfall in the yrd.

What is required of one legally - should the on-vehicle telemetry be “Witness to an accident” which the works vehicle isn’t otherwise involved in?

We see stuff about “police appeals for dashcam footage” and all - but what are firms legally obliged to provide the authorities with from their recorded data?

jakesnake I have on two occasions had a car race up slip road join carriage way in front of me then brake no i was not tailgating

109LWB:

dieseldog999:

109LWB:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hard to believe for something so obvious but i have to say…

wooossshhhhhhh!!! :unamused:

dieseldog999:

109LWB:

dieseldog999:

109LWB:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Err, maybe it was a mummy/museum thing? I’m slow, forgive me.

It was a car museum anyway. :smiley:

109LWB:

dieseldog999:

109LWB:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She’s had bigger than that down there, drive :wink:

passing. I’ve even been around a museum before :smiley:
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :slight_smile:

[/quote]
Err, maybe it was a mummy/museum thing? I’m slow, forgive me.

It was a car museum anyway. :smiley:
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ok,we can make allowances for you then…

Winseer:
What is required of one legally - should the on-vehicle telemetry be “Witness to an accident” which the works vehicle isn’t otherwise involved in?

We see stuff about “police appeals for dashcam footage” and all - but what are firms legally obliged to provide the authorities with from their recorded data?

I would say they are, because its evidence, as I understand it, for example, if you filmed an incident on your mobile phone, the police can seize it from you and use the footage if need be, they give it back after, of course

Sploom:
Would you still be in a job?
Honest answers, please

Our lot keep trying to hint we’re taking too long to do runs, but they had to word it very carefully esp the bit about stopping for “comfort breaks”.

They don’t have any cams but in answer to the question most of us don’t take the p…well except some of the agency drivers.

Yes, I do.

So what?