If you won the lotto

Yip would deff be involved in some way or other, top end tractor unit, do sone traction work , or even something I always fancyed doing red cross etc loads to Bosnia / Romania etc something that Would be good to others !

rockape2620:
Not in a working capacity no, i would buy a unit and trailer and then doo all the things you shouldnt do, like drop the trailer on its knees, pull all the airlines out, reverse under the trailer flat out to see how much abuse the kingpin could take, id then probably set fire to the whole lot and laugh as i watched it burn…then id go for a swim or out for a cruise in my Ferrari.

i like this idea

Id take up hunting, id buy an apache attack helicopter and go out in the afternoons looking for speed camera vans.

NO!

Yes.

I would drive that one:

arround the world :slight_smile:

I’d go out and buy a JCB tractor, then every morning at about 8 o’clock I’d drive it about 10miles to buy a newspaper just to p*** off the impatient Audi and BMW drivers in their shirts and ties heading off to the office !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m quite happy doing what i do. TBH, I think i’d buy a decent sized farm (2000 acres) and deliver my own goods, as and when it suited me and the weather was nice. I’ve always done daft hours and i don’t think i could stop.

BIGRIG:
I would go in for one night so i could tell the boss ive got more money than you now and you can stick your job up your arris :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would have done something along similar lines and taken an immense anount of pleasure from it, or as I have already done, taken his motor out, be late every tip/collection, get banned from every RDC, don’t answer the phone and leave his motor, not on Immingham Dock, too easy for him to collect it, (only left it there because I had a lift home) somewhere really remote, Yorkshire Dales, on one of those unclassified roads, with a 9’ bridge directly in front with nowhere to turn for 10 miles :smiling_imp: I wouldn’t have done that to my last guvnor, he would have hunted me down! :cry:
Bit too vindictive?
Not as vindictive as I would be to one particular small haulier I was unfortunate enough to work (for work read slave) for: I would do a Stobart/Dressingtable stunt, offer to do all his work for nothing for three months, wipe him out, then jack it all in, get fed up, sell the motors, keeping my super tarted up ERF Olympic with the 13 speed Fuller in the back garden of my mansion, twenty miles from any trucks doing a ‘Eubank’, and every now and again spend a night in it parked next to two fridge motors and feel grateful I don’t have to do this for a living. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Yeah think that’s about it.
‘Crazytrucker’

eddie41085:
although im not a driver yet, If the win was big enough I would start up a haulage company, I would have a top end fleet of trucks,not sure what brand for obvious reasons,then i would be on here recruiting drivers, newbies and veterans alike,And it wouldnt be none of this £10 an hour lark,folk would be on a cushty wage,driving a cushty motor,doing a cushty job,having a cushty life.

Lets get praying hey

Cheers :laughing:

Where do I sign up? Been looking for that job all my life! :smiley: :smiley:
‘Crazytrucker’

id still own a few trucks,

defo have a scanny 3 series v8 just for my daily drive
also get some rare trucks, like the v10 man roadhaus
mayby a few old school american motors with 10" pipes for when i feel like waking my neighbours up :slight_smile:

id get an iveco eurocrapper and plonk it in a field as target practice…best place for it…anyone could come round and do what they liked to it aswell…aslong as you dont steal it

Something like this would be mine. I would spend winter in Spain for the winter testing, then follow the Moto GP and Speedway circus around the World.

Forget the Silverstone Grand Prix, it is the more important one this evening, The Speedway GP in Cardiff millennium stadium :stuck_out_tongue:

speedwaygp.com/en/venuecardiff2010/a414

The answer is no, if I didn’t have to do it I wouldn’t do it. Those who win the lottery and continue their job (whatever it is) are to be envied and obviously must be very happy with their lot. Those, like me, who only do it as it’s at least a job, are to a certain extent fools who are wasting their life if they don’t do something they really enjoy. Still, one day… And it could be worse.

I’m afraid its not all its cracked up to be.
I won the lottery last month, brilliant i thought, but after 3 stellas an a bag o chips on the way home that was it all gone… :grimacing:

if were talking millions then id have a fleet of classics all motors that were on the road when i were a young lad.id av a go at truck racing aswell.but id pack up driving full time definatley no hesitation

mb14:

tommy t:
Well depending on how big the win was ,if in the millions then i think i would be buying into a haulage company or starting one up from scratch doing euro of course,and even doing the odd trip myself, i wouldn’t shirk on home comforts in the cab either all would have built in fridge /freezer and nuker, and have air con or those cooling systems that work independently from the engine most spanish companies have them fitted they have a pod on the roof, plus things like plenty of storage for your food /clothes ect, and safety stuff like gas attack waring sensors and the glass and lock protection, to stop those illegal clandestines as the border plod call em, from robbing your worldly goods while your are sleeping

Snap-would be a big merc

You sad [zb]

lotto win n wagons no contract on ellies dad yeh . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
g i t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carl:
if were talking millions then id have a fleet of classics all motors that were on the road when i were a young lad.id av a go at truck racing aswell.but id pack up driving full time definatley no hesitation

I could agree with that Carl, a shed load of pretty restored classics, and just to keep the pocket money rolling in, rent them out to film / TV companies and advertising promotions.

Just let me know where you want the 141 delivering to sir! :laughing:

i would go into work…hook up the trailer…and reverse it straight through the office…then say goodbye…nice thought but in reality…none of us really would do the things mentioned above…i would just get as far away from transport as i could…enjoy the money…live the life…

Someone asked this question when I was on a ferry when the lotto first started, one driver said he would buy his own company, another, buy a truck to use as a toilet :open_mouth: I said I would get out of the rat race and retire to the sun, (I’m still working on that idea) there was one driver sat in the corner not joining in so someone asked him what he would do… He explained he was an owner Driver so it wouldn’t make much difference to him, he would still carry on working until he was skint, it would just take longer :unamused:

No, no and thrice no!

Besides, once I’ve had my breast implants, willy extension, bought my little croft in Scotland, my vat of industrial strength moisturiser and kleenex you’d never ever see me again. :smiley: