If you had the chance

gogs2006:

newmercman:
F16 ‘Monte Carlo’ special edition, mmmm mmmm :laughing:

give me a F16 any day!!! i never heard of the ‘Monte Carlo’… Was’nt there an ‘Imperial’ and ‘Ambassador’ also…

Ambassador, IIRC that Maguire mob out of Cheltenham had one, Imperial, I don’t know if it was on the 16s but the kermits used to have an F12 globey with an Imperial badge on the doors, the Monte Carlo had a blue cab & red chassis, chrome bumper etc. Unitruck from Sarfend had one

clyde:

newmercman:

Thats the one with the chemical toilet and shower in it is that the one because your off your tree theres only one motor to have and thats the 143 streamline got to be a 450 but one thats had a good seeing to by feathers. Only a 4 wheeler none of the 6 wheeler buisness no fancy light plain motor maybe 4 spots on the roof and bumper don’t thousands of lights on it or frilly curtains and naked women on the windows and the moving ones on the windscreen or the cd’s in the windows and the mr trucker flag with your name and what country your from and all of the countrys u dream of going to when u grow up.The one thing u do need on it is not an eminox roaring in your ears but a nice set of italian sidepipes ( you no the ones i mean the 3 holes) thats the only one that makes it sound nice and its not behind your head making your ears ring but it makes peoples windows rattle when you go through tunnels.

So tell me Clyde, is that by Matchbox,Corgi or Dinky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would go for a ERF B/C/E series, Scania 111/141 or Foden wedge roof

newmercman:

clyde:

newmercman:

Thats the one with the chemical toilet and shower in it is that the one because your off your tree theres only one motor to have and thats the 143 streamline got to be a 450 but one thats had a good seeing to by feathers. Only a 4 wheeler none of the 6 wheeler buisness no fancy light plain motor maybe 4 spots on the roof and bumper don’t thousands of lights on it or frilly curtains and naked women on the windows and the moving ones on the windscreen or the cd’s in the windows and the mr trucker flag with your name and what country your from and all of the countrys u dream of going to when u grow up.The one thing u do need on it is not an eminox roaring in your ears but a nice set of italian sidepipes ( you no the ones i mean the 3 holes) thats the only one that makes it sound nice and its not behind your head making your ears ring but it makes peoples windows rattle when you go through tunnels.

So tell me Clyde, is that by Matchbox,Corgi or Dinky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How about by Wiking.All plastic.

Charlie one, if you knew Clyde you’d know that there ain’t a plastic strong enough, even a Tonka would struggle :exclamation:

Dare say i need help, but my fave motor was my trusty old Sedd Ack 401 twin steer with the 14 litre ■■■■■■■ (and the rather nice set of injectors put in by Vee and Inline at Daventry).

Best pulling motor, quiet, very economical helped by the very high gearing 70mph at 1100 rpm if i remember right.

Would enjoy having that old bus back for good.

Funny how you get a motor sometime that is a one off, and one you’re really sad to say goodbye to.

Call the yellow van…nutter alert.

Juddian,

I must refer you to ‘the worst truck of the 80s thread’ :laughing:

Some very interesting replies,and some absolutely lunatic ones too (Sentinel■■?).

Although having been a Volvo fanatic for years,I would pick the 143,after all,it was the last decent truck Scania made.

I would go for the Topliner because of the better ride,it had air suspension on the cab front and rear,whereas the older models were only sprung on the back and tended to nod back and forth,even worse if it was a tag axle unit.

Remember,this would be a truck that you would ‘work’,day in,day out,so it would have to be reliable and practical.

KW:
Some very interesting replies,and some absolutely lunatic ones too (Sentinel■■?).

Although having been a Volvo fanatic for years,I would pick the 143,after all,it was the last decent truck Scania made.

I would go for the Topliner because of the better ride,it had air suspension on the cab front and rear,whereas the older models were only sprung on the back and tended to nod back and forth,even worse if it was a tag axle unit.

Remember,this would be a truck that you would ‘work’,day in,day out,so it would have to be reliable and practical.

I aint no lunatic son so Please retract that statement.The thread was what would you like to restore.I am interested in steam therefore I would like to go for a Sentinel…ANything wrong there?

charlie one:

KW:

I aint no lunatic son so Please retract that statement.The thread was what would you like to restore.I am interested in steam therefore I would like to go for a Sentinel…ANything wrong there?

As I said at the beginning,it would be a motor to work and earn a living with,not simply a restoration project.

Lousy reply son

newmercman:

clyde:

newmercman:

So tell me Clyde, is that by Matchbox,Corgi or Dinky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote

you should know as your the one still wearing your knees out pushing them round the floor and jealousy will get you nowhere because thats all it is with you just now
because i’m doing what you can only dream about just now and if your not careful the cable ties and broom handle’s will be waiting for you!!

Clyde,

I’m gonna start a new thread just for you called ‘talking out of my arse while sitting in the passenger seat of my dads lorry’ :smiling_imp:

You should read the title of this forum its called ‘Old time lorries, companies & DRIVERS’ :blush:

Never mind boy, in 25yrs time you’ll be able to look back with fond memories too :laughing:

newmercman:
Clyde,

I’m gonna start a new thread just for you called ‘talking out of my arse while sitting in the passenger seat of my dads lorry’ :smiling_imp:

You should read the title of this forum its called ‘Old time lorries, companies & DRIVERS’ :blush:

Never mind boy, in 25yrs time you’ll be able to look back with fond memories too :laughing:

Right newmuppetman suits you much better then newmercman
stop reading your dads old truck books since the first one in 1975 or something and get a new life on here all the time your almost as bad a ROB K

If you don’t stop having a go at me when u get here in a few weeks i’m not going to help you and show you what you have to do and how the job is done or help u sheet up you can do it when its p.i.s.s.ing down and just remember when i am with you to sleep with one eye open because theres pay back coming for cable tieing me in a van i will get you back one day so be warned. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

clyde:

newmercman:
Clyde,

Right newmuppetman suits you much better then newmercman
stop reading your dads old truck books since the first one in 1975 or something and get a new life on here all the time your almost as bad a ROB K

If you don’t stop having a go at me when u get here in a few weeks i’m not going to help you and show you what you have to do and how the job is done or help u sheet up you can do it when its p.i.s.s.ing down and just remember when i am with you to sleep with one eye open because theres pay back coming for cable tieing me in a van i will get you back one day so be warned. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

Not only did I read em Clyde, I used to write em too :exclamation:

You WILL help me sheet up or you’ll be walking back :laughing:

gotta be a 3600 spacecab daf awsome looking tool and plenty of room :wink:

and it would look like this :wink:

Carl:
and it would look like this :wink:

Great motor mate,drove one myself for yrs.

well call me crazy,and i know some of you will,lol…
i would like to find an old mack f 700, or a white road commander,something along those lines,kenworth included, bring it up to scratch and maybe do some uk work with it,even international if possible, is that still allowed with the old yanks,is anyone even still using them, or are they all rusting away somewhere, or in shows?

How about one of these…