If you had the chance

If you had the chance to restore an old truck and to ‘work’ it,what would be your choice?

Like a lot of people,I have fond memories of Scania’s and Volvo’s from the 70’s,namely the 111-141 and F88-89’s of that era.

But,if I were to seriously keep an older motor on the road,although with emission limits it would rule out travelling over the alps and Austria & Switzeland,I think I would go for a Scania V8 143 Topliner,either an R-cab or maybe a T-cab.
There are an awful lot of them still on the road in Holland & Belgium,and more importantly,still earning a living.

To hear that V8 growling through straight through pipes is something else.

So,what would you choose?

no contest - a 1989-1993 model F16 gobstopper

Leyland Marathon or Daf 3600 space cab

just another excuse to put a scania on here again. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Daf 3600 ATi 4X2 (with modern airlines and compressor fitted :smiley: )
Anyone that drove one will know why LOL

F16 or 12 globby no question. :wink:

F16 ‘Monte Carlo’ special edition, mmmm mmmm :laughing:

My choice would be a Sentinel Super Six. Would cost a few bob no doubt :laughing: :laughing:

How about a Sentinel Super Six. If I had the cash that is :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry. Going crazy.Take me away to some quiet place :frowning: :blush:

Deleted.Duplicated

Bizarre choice I know,but…

ERF EC series,with a 14 litre ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ twin split, (Proper mans gearbox.) and a pair of Eminox’s at the rear.

Listen to the turbo whistle,and the Hummin ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ forget,■■■■■■■ dabbled with the 14 litre block knocking out 600 bhp at one point.Labelled the N14.)

Used to have a Sed Atki Stratos like that.Same running gear,different cab.

Ken.

how about the ERF EC15? :open_mouth:
KP IDDON had one…went out to it once…had an odd ball engine in it,which even ERF struggled to locate an alternator for.(they said only 5 were built)…the driver kept it immaculate though…wonder where that is now?
i’ll stick with my F10 for now. :sunglasses:

newmercman:

Thats the one with the chemical toilet and shower in it is that the one because your off your tree theres only one motor to have and thats the 143 streamline got to be a 450 but one thats had a good seeing to by feathers. Only a 4 wheeler none of the 6 wheeler buisness no fancy light plain motor maybe 4 spots on the roof and bumper don’t thousands of lights on it or frilly curtains and naked women on the windows and the moving ones on the windscreen or the cd’s in the windows and the mr trucker flag with your name and what country your from and all of the countrys u dream of going to when u grow up.The one thing u do need on it is not an eminox roaring in your ears but a nice set of italian sidepipes ( you no the ones i mean the 3 holes) thats the only one that makes it sound nice and its not behind your head making your ears ring but it makes peoples windows rattle when you go through tunnels.

Quinny:

ERF EC series,with a 14 litre ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ twin split, (Proper mans gearbox.) and a pair of Eminox’s at the rear.

Listen to the turbo whistle,and the Hummin ■■■■■■■ growling.

Ken.

For one a proper mans gearbox is a fuller roadranger sorts the men from the boys and a set of twin eminox will never make your ERF a good motor and a ■■■■■■■ can make a nice noise but can never beat the purr of a CAT :laughing:

Clyde,

FYI a proper mans gearbox was the 12spd Foden box, a Fuller by any name was a piece of yellow water in comparison, another mans box was the 12spd chinese ZF as fitted to early Dafs, pure evil, miss one gear & you had to stop & start again.

■■■■■■■■ Cat, whatever, none of them come close to a screaming 2 stroke for musical exhausts.

newmercman:
Clyde,

FYI a proper mans gearbox was the 12spd Foden box, a Fuller by any name was a piece of yellow water in comparison, another mans box was the 12spd chinese ZF as fitted to early Dafs, pure evil, miss one gear & you had to stop & start again.

■■■■■■■■ Cat, whatever, none of them come close to a screaming 2 stroke for musical exhausts.

FYI if your talking old old boxes the mans box was the one’s in the old AKI and old 50’S foden’s the 1s that had the gate’s on the floor and only had about an inch movement on the stick for all 6 gears now that you had to be spot on with to(was that the daivd brown box?)

and as for a 2 stroke if you like the sound of that go get a lawn mower!

newmercman:

give me a F16 any day!!! i never heard of the ‘Monte Carlo’… Was’nt there an ‘Imperial’ and ‘Ambassador’ also…

Quinny:

Ken.

Have seen this one on ‘Big lorry Blog’ ■■?

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … .html#more

clyde:

Quinny:

Ken.

For one a proper mans gearbox is a fuller roadranger sorts the men from the boys and a set of twin eminox will never make your ERF a good motor and a ■■■■■■■ can make a nice noise but can never beat the purr of a CAT :laughing:

I beg to differ:

youtube.com/watch?v=4q0dr3Fzc2A

Ken.