If you don't like these forums...goodbye!

Why do posts about ■■■■■■ get locked it’s not as if they,re Muslims!stop panicking.

Rule 3 No bad language, racism, or other downright 'orrible stuff.

Using ■■■■■■ to refer to the section of the travelling community that do get involved in theft and criminal behaviour is acceptable, as the travelling communities use this term for them themselves.

To use it as a generic term for all gypsy’s and travelling folk has been deemed in court to be racist, and as such is not allowed on these forums.

Already I have had to split off further offensive/racist comments from this thread and remove a further thread from the main forum.

If you cant post with a little restraint then dont post at all, if you have trouble restraining yourselves we can assist you by pre moderating all your posts, a free service we offer !! :wink:

As several threads have been removed for commenting on certain operators of these vehicle and trailer combinations, perhaps if alternative descriptions are used, then we might be able to debate the subject; How can posts be deemed “offensive” when people are simply describing their experiences of such “people” ie overloaded vehicles with more passengers than seats/ no road tax/ prowling on people with substandard landscaping materials/ and hanging around workshops begging for scrap metal? Please note no racist/rude language has been used…

Isn’t it sad that you had to resort to such tactics though?

This situation has really got me ■■■■■■ off, so much so that if it continues then I’m out of here, which will no doubt please some of you :sunglasses:

Ridiculous censorship is in itself offensive and I’m offended, but that’s ok, it’s allowed :unamused:

I’ve been a member and quite active poster on here for a while now, I think it’s the best trucking related site on the internet and being the lorry nerd that I am, I’ve tried most of them, on here I’ve learned some stuff, given the benefit of my experience to others, generally messed around and took the ■■■■, had the ■■■■ taken out of me, I’ve met a couple of my, now close, friends on here too, all in all it’s been a good experience, until now :cry:

I assume we’re talking about the stars on channel 4 who have the fancy weddings?

Muckaway:
As several threads have been removed for commenting on certain operators of these vehicle and trailer combinations, perhaps if alternative descriptions are used, then we might be able to debate the subject; How can posts be deemed “offensive” when people are simply describing their experiences of such “people” ie overloaded vehicles with more passengers than seats/ no road tax/ prowling on people with substandard landscaping materials/ and hanging around workshops begging for scrap metal? Please note no racist/rude language has been used…

Who do you mean? Sorry I’m no good at this coded crap :smiley:

Saaamon:
I assume we’re talking about the stars on channel 4 who have the fancy weddings?

As newmercman rightly said it’s also the ‘issues’ related to the ‘diversity’ thought police who run certain dramas and news programmes on other TV channels especially one beginning with B and programmes like the one set not a million miles away from the East End of London.But so far,for some reason, that lot involved in those fancy weddings on channel 4,have’nt yet incurred the wrath of the thought police for ignoring the issue of civil partnerships between same ■■■ members of the travelling community :open_mouth: and other issues of ethnically mixed marriages between said travelling community and other ethnic groups originating from other parts of the world a long way from a certain Island West of Wales,such as from parts a long way South of Spain. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m assuming that the moderators here, are banning people who won’t tow the line.
I’m also assuming, if people vote with their feet, and no-one uses this website anymore. Advertisers won’t contribute anymore. Sometimes I wonder why I fought a war, so that people can ban us for using free speech.
OK, some people find certain words offensive. No-one likes being called names. But it’s life. TOUGH!
So someone has the power to lock threads and tells you to ■■■■ off(in their words.)
Walk away…I will not contribute if we can’t say what we like. Simple as. :confused:

bigvern1:
I’m assuming that the moderators here, are banning people who won’t tow the line.
I’m also assuming, if people vote with their feet, and no-one uses this website anymore. Advertisers won’t contribute anymore. Sometimes I wonder why I fought a war, so that people can ban us for using free speech.
OK, some people find certain words offensive. No-one likes being called names. But it’s life. TOUGH!
So someone has the power to lock threads and tells you to ■■■■ off(in their words.)
Walk away…I will not contribute if we can’t say what we like. Simple as. :confused:

I am with you Bigvern well said.

bigvern1:

phil the book:

bigvern1:

Sorry stuttering fingers

Unfortunately I believe the lawyers won’t see it the same way and the owners of the forum could be liable for things they allow to be posted - whether they agree or not…

W.

Unfortunately there are rules which we all signed up to but also there are also the “PC” brigade out in the real world which they tell us some of the rules / laws we dont like it normally be have to abide by it

There are other sites that may allow this but you dont have to post like you said you could just be a “Rog” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PilotWolf:
Unfortunately I believe the lawyers won’t see it the same way and the owners of the forum could be liable for things they allow to be posted - whether they agree or not…

W.

Not only the owners but YOU could find yourself with a problem as if IIRC there was a young lady on here that did post some things that company sen this did not like so took her to court & guess what they won

I tried to get round the auto censor tonight - I did - then I got my post edited .
Fair enough - I was wrong and I’ll try not to do it again .
Somebody , somewhere owns this forum - they make the rules . If we use the forum we have to abide by the rules - it’s that simple.
Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

So can someone come on TNUK and complain that a bunch of full time caravan users have camped in his yard and now he has to fork out £x to get them shifted? Does anyone know how the troublemaking cararvanners can be distinguished from the true minority? Calling them Gypsies IS offensive to the Roma people as they do not live by the same “code” as they do. Mention the word "Irish T(word) and that gets deemed racist… :imp:
In the now locked (but rather successful) P(word) of Anywhere thread, a post was made regarding to full time caravanners running amok in a camping/caravan supply shop ; Is this racist because the TNUK member dared to post his experience? Will we soon be barred from criticising VOSA and the Police as they are law enforcement agencies, or banned from ridiculing a political party because it migt upset a supporter of theirs?

bigvern1:

You assume incorrectly, it has been a long time since anyone was banned.

bigvern1:
I’m also assuming, if people vote with their feet, and no-one uses this website anymore. Advertisers won’t contribute anymore.

Quite possibly, then the forum closes but the world will keep turning and there are always other forums. Although there are more than a few people in teh past who have spat teh dummy out and said they would never post or visit again but all the numbers such as visitors and page views keep increasing regardless.

bigvern1:
Sometimes I wonder why I fought a war, so that people can ban us for using free speech.

Nothing to do with free speech. The owner of the site is free to decide what they do and do not want on their site, some of which is dictated by the law of the land. You can always start your own forum and set your own rules, it’s not difficult and people have done it in the past when they haven’t been happy with the rules on here, some with more success than others.

bigvern1:

Sometimes it is more a question of legality than tough. A someone who has fought a war over what must have been a right and wrong issue I thought you would understand that.

bigvern1:

They do, as is the case with every forum on the net.

bigvern1:

Indeed, simple as. I use quiet a few forums because I like them and there are others on subjects that interest me I don’t use because I don’t like them or don’t agree with certain aspect of how they are run and then there are others I used to use but am now banned from or have stopped posting on. Free choice and simple decision but they are only internet forums, not real life and really not worth getting that wound up by.

beefy4605:
I tried to get round the auto censor tonight - I did - then I got my post edited .
Fair enough - I was wrong and I’ll try not to do it again .
Somebody , somewhere owns this forum - they make the rules . If we use the forum we have to abide by the rules - it’s that simple.
Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Why try to get round auto censor :question: as you only have to type more words you should be able to get your point across without swearing unless of course you vocabulary is not big enough then I am sorry or just use what is already there ie ZB

As we should have all read the rules before we signed up as it does ask if you have read & agree to abide by them

Muckaway:
So can someone come on TNUK and complain that a bunch of full time caravan users have camped in his yard and now he has to fork out £x to get them shifted? Does anyone know how the troublemaking cararvanners can be distinguished from the true minority? Calling them Gypsies IS offensive to the Roma people as they do not live by the same “code” as they do. Mention the word "Irish T(word) and that gets deemed racist… :imp:
In the now locked (but rather successful) P(word) of Anywhere thread, a post was made regarding to full time caravanners running amok in a camping/caravan supply shop ; Is this racist because the TNUK member dared to post his experience? Will we soon be barred from criticising VOSA and the Police as they are law enforcement agencies, or banned from ridiculing a political party because it migt upset a supporter of theirs?

No you can ridicule anyone or any member of any group (such as the BNP or EDL) that is’nt approved of by the pc zb’s but you mus’nt ridicule a member of any of the chosen pc lot.

However there’s good and bad things about all types and I reckon that newmercman was wrong about the issue of marriage amongst cousins because if it’s good enough for the royal family it would have been good enough for me if only any of mine had fancied me. :laughing:

Carryfast:

Muckaway:

No you can ridicule anyone or any member of any group (such as the BNP or EDL) that is’nt approved of by the pc zb’s but you mus’nt ridicule a member of any of the chosen pc lot.

However there’s good and bad things about all types and I reckon that newmercman was wrong about the issue of marriage amongst cousins because if it’s good enough for the royal family it would have been good enough for me if only any of mine had fancied me. :laughing:

Carryfast i hope you are talking of the female side of the family?