If you don't like these forums...goodbye!

bigvern1:
I’m assuming that the moderators here, are banning people who won’t tow the line.
I’m also assuming, if people vote with their feet, and no-one uses this website anymore. Advertisers won’t contribute anymore. Sometimes I wonder why I fought a war, so that people can ban us for using free speech.
OK, some people find certain words offensive. No-one likes being called names. But it’s life. TOUGH!
So someone has the power to lock threads and tells you to ■■■■ off(in their words.)
Walk away…I will not contribute if we can’t say what we like. Simple as. :confused:

you could always go to <Link Removed - Rule 6>

i’m sure they are not as moderated as TNUK :wink:

Can we refer to them as Caravan Utilising Nomadic TravellerS?

Warren T. Claim:
Can we refer to them as Caravan Utilising Nomadic TravellerS?

I think Harry Monk used that in a post a while back and it got deleted on the grounds that the powers that be had some room for a pony… :unamused:

phil the book:

Carryfast:

Muckaway:
So can someone come on TNUK and complain that a bunch of full time caravan users have camped in his yard and now he has to fork out £x to get them shifted? Does anyone know how the troublemaking cararvanners can be distinguished from the true minority? Calling them Gypsies IS offensive to the Roma people as they do not live by the same “code” as they do. Mention the word "Irish T(word) and that gets deemed racist… :imp:
In the now locked (but rather successful) P(word) of Anywhere thread, a post was made regarding to full time caravanners running amok in a camping/caravan supply shop ; Is this racist because the TNUK member dared to post his experience? Will we soon be barred from criticising VOSA and the Police as they are law enforcement agencies, or banned from ridiculing a political party because it migt upset a supporter of theirs?

No you can ridicule anyone or any member of any group (such as the BNP or EDL) that is’nt approved of by the pc zb’s but you mus’nt ridicule a member of any of the chosen pc lot.

However there’s good and bad things about all types and I reckon that newmercman was wrong about the issue of marriage amongst cousins because if it’s good enough for the royal family it would have been good enough for me if only any of mine had fancied me. :laughing:

Carryfast i hope you are talking of the female side of the family?

:open_mouth: :laughing:.Absolutely.But you can bet that if the pc zb’s ever do make it illegal to marry your cousin they’ll keep civil partnerships between same ■■■ ones legal. :open_mouth:

I think we need official clarification on the subject from our leaders on here.

Backed up with justifiable REASONS.

Just a thought, so me, Hammer, Altitude and anyone else with the slightest experience of tipper driving cannot refer to an Irish JCB driver as “Paddy” now then?

Muckaway:
Just a thought, so me, Hammer, Altitude and anyone else with the slightest experience of tipper driving cannot refer to an Irish JCB driver as “Paddy” now then?

Might be a problem if that’s his name.

Muckaway:

Yes Muckaway but not as a Paddy !

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:
I’m assuming that the moderators here, are banning people who won’t tow the line.

You assume incorrectly, it has been a long time since anyone was banned.

bigvern1:
I’m also assuming, if people vote with their feet, and no-one uses this website anymore. Advertisers won’t contribute anymore.

Quite possibly, then the forum closes but the world will keep turning and there are always other forums. Although there are more than a few people in teh past who have spat teh dummy out and said they would never post or visit again but all the numbers such as visitors and page views keep increasing regardless.

bigvern1:
Sometimes I wonder why I fought a war, so that people can ban us for using free speech.

Nothing to do with free speech. The owner of the site is free to decide what they do and do not want on their site, some of which is dictated by the law of the land. You can always start your own forum and set your own rules, it’s not difficult and people have done it in the past when they haven’t been happy with the rules on here, some with more success than others.

bigvern1:
OK, some people find certain words offensive. No-one likes being called names. But it’s life. TOUGH!

Sometimes it is more a question of legality than tough. A someone who has fought a war over what must have been a right and wrong issue I thought you would understand that.

bigvern1:
So someone has the power to lock threads and tells you to ■■■■ off(in their words.)

They do, as is the case with every forum on the net.

bigvern1:
Walk away…I will not contribute if we can’t say what we like. Simple as. :confused:

Indeed, simple as. I use quiet a few forums because I like them and there are others on subjects that interest me I don’t use because I don’t like them or don’t agree with certain aspect of how they are run and then there are others I used to use but am now banned from or have stopped posting on. Free choice and simple decision but they are only internet forums, not real life and really not worth getting that wound up by.

This site was much better when it was under private ownership. There was none of this dictatorship BS that happens here on daily basis now. Common sense was the “rule” and anything that was deemed out of order was binned, and in general it worked well apart from when you caught Lucy on an off day :open_mouth: :smiley: . Since the site was SOLD DOWN THE RIVER (ohterry TM :laughing: ) to RBI it’s been getting tighter and tighter on “free speech” on a monthly basis and it’s beginning to get to the point where it’s getting ridiculous.

The most hyprocritical part is when Rikki applies the rules to suit his own agenda. One minute he’s quoting the bit of the rules which says the user is entirely liable for their own content and RBI will wash their hands of any action taken against them whilst handing over the user IP details at the same time, then the next minute he’s saying that RBI are liable for all content and therefore you must only discuss topics a, b,c and nothing else. :unamused:

If you dislike it so much Rob, why are you still here, we must be doing something right :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: it seems as much as you dislike us you cant stay away :wink:

and I seem to remember when it was under private ownership you still disliked us…

the answer is simple if you dislike this website, dont come here, no-one is forcing you too, you choose to come here, so abide by the rules, or simply just dont come here… I fail to see how that is so difficult to comprehend.

Muckaway:

Better bet would be to try the name “Patriskizich” instead on many sites nowadays!

I noticed that the lass who worked in the hotel didn’t make a big deal about her (indian) bosses racist attitude towards said folk.

Rikki-UK:
If you dislike it so much Rob, why are you still here, we must be doing something right :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: it seems as much as you dislike us you cant stay away :wink:

and I seem to remember when it was under private ownership you still disliked us…

the answer is simple if you dislike this website, dont come here, no-one is forcing you too, you choose to come here, so abide by the rules, or simply just dont come here… I fail to see how that is so difficult to comprehend.

The issue for me is that you change the rules to suit and that annoys me. Perhaps instead of repeatedly banging your “don’t like it, [zb] off” drum, you could spend that time better by amending the current rules so that they are clear what is acceptable and what is not.

You need to be clear:

• what stuff RBI is liable for
  • what stuff RBI is not liable for
  • what stuff the user is liable for
  • what stuff the user is not liable for
  • what stuff will have you reveal the user name and IP address

I’ve no doubt you will instead respond with another “don’t like it, [zb] off” reply as usual, so one can take that as you enjoying spending all your time editing and removing posts rather than making life easier for yourself…

• what stuff RBI is liable for :, anything on these forums we are aware of
  • what stuff RBI is not liable for:, anything on this forum we can prove we were not aware of
  • what stuff the user is liable for,: everything they post
  • what stuff the user is not liable for: anything they didnt post themselves
  • what stuff will have you reveal the user name and IP address: court order or criminal investigation, and to defend ouselves against civil action

I’ve no doubt you will instead respond with another “don’t like it, [zb] off” reply as usual, so one can take that as you enjoying spending all your time editing and removing posts rather than making life easier for yourself…

I thought according to you I spent all my time in the pub :grimacing: :grimacing: make your mind up :wink: :wink:

This forum is FREE for me to use, so I can’t complain.

Rikki-UK:

• what stuff RBI is liable for :, anything on these forums we are aware of
  • what stuff RBI is not liable for:, anything on this forum we can prove we were not aware of
  • what stuff the user is liable for,: everything they post
  • what stuff the user is not liable for: anything they didnt post themselves
  • what stuff will have you reveal the user name and IP address: court order or criminal investigation, and to defend ouselves against civil action

I thought according to you I spent all my time in the pub :grimacing: :grimacing: make your mind up :wink: :wink:

So in actual fact, this is BS then :

The Rulez:
Rule 1 YOU are responsible for the contents of YOUR posts. If you post something that causes someone to sue us, then we’ll pass on everything we know about you. We will NOT carry the can.

:unamused:

Rikki-UK:

Me and Malc sussed you out some time ago and you now take your laptop and dongle with you.

mickfly:

Mick, , you havent quite got the concept of this part of the forum, its were the users of this free resource can come to ■■■■■ moan and winge, adding anything in any that is appreciative of the service we provide will label you as an arse kisser , please amend your post to be suitably negative

Rikki-UK:

mickfly:

Mick, , you havent quite got the concept of this part of the forum, its were the users of this free resource can come to ■■■■■ moan and winge, adding anything in any that is appreciative of the dictatorship we provide will label you as an arse kisser , please amend your post to be suitably negative

Corrected for you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
The most hyprocritical part is when Rikki applies the rules to suit his own agenda. One minute he’s quoting the bit of the rules which says the user is entirely liable for their own content and RBI will wash their hands of any action taken against them whilst handing over the user IP details at the same time, then the next minute he’s saying that RBI are liable for all content and therefore you must only discuss topics a, b,c and nothing else. :unamused:

That is a fair point Rob. I was sent a link to an article on the internet which apparently was sensitive, to this site! although anyone with a cheap mobile phone or laptop can access it. The thread was locked immediately.

Obviously I cannot put a link to the newsworthy story here without breaching Rule 6 :open_mouth:

By drivers for drivers, my arse!