If you do a printout

I’ve just been told you have to keep it because VOSA will want to see it if they pull you up and check your card. Apparently your card keeps a log that you made a printout :unamused: :unamused:
Sounds like BS to me, is it? :blush:

yeah it is bs mate

BS

The only printouts you need to keep is if the card is not used/working or a manual entry is made

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
yeah it is bs mate

Aye agree never been asked for a printout only time vosa take an interest in a printout is if you offer it up to show an infringement

:smiley: Cool, thought it was BS but when three guys are independently saying the same thing you start to wonder. :neutral_face:
So, does the digi card keep a record that you made a printout ?

If you do a print out do you legally have to hand it in after 28 days even if your card is downloaded?

Only time you need to keep it is when you have written an infringement excuse/reason on it & then they’re only valid if you’ve printed it at the first available stopping point after the infringement.

No 10-08 printout is for driver to keep. Hard data is downloaded from the card for the operator to keep.

Ummmmmm, how can I prove to these 3 numpties that they are wrong :cry:

Silver_Surfer:
No 10-08 printout is for driver to keep. Hard data is downloaded from the card for the operator to keep.

Good that’s what I was thought, thanks :slight_smile:

Yorkysays:-:

Do you need to prove it?

Leave them to it. They get bored of it after a while…

Or tell them that you have to mark it with pink chalk, only available in Tesco RDCs…

I had this recently as well, a friend tried to tell me you had to keep a printout for 28 days as its now a legal document :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:

Do you need to prove it?

Nah, I knew it was BS and told them so but when3 say I’m wrong I want to show them they are full of it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Slimey, you on pre-mod :unamused:

limeyphil:

Do you need to prove it?

Nah, I knew it was BS and told them so but when3 say I’m wrong I want to show them they are full of it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

You need to tell them a story.
maybe something like “When you do a printout, The last symbol on it must be other work or you will get an automatic £200 fine in the post, Vosa don’t need to pull you as every printout is now sent by bluetooth to the nearest Vosa duty manager. More than 3 offences and your vehicle will switch off, the doors will lock and the police will be on scene to arrest you”.

selby newcomer:
I had this recently as well, a friend tried to tell me you had to keep a printout for 28 days as its now a legal document :laughing: :laughing:

What? So you don’t have to keep a printout you have done with you for 28 days eh? Well you learn something new every day.

Silver_Surfer:
Only time you need to keep it is when you have written an infringement excuse/reason on it & then they’re only valid if you’ve printed it at the first available stopping point after the infringement.

I thought that you had to keep the printout for 28 days so that you can show VOSA that the reason/excuse for the infringement if they stop you for a check, or if your data is checked after being downloaded at the office.

After 28 days, well they can’t be that bothered. How could you be expected to remember why you went over by 5 minutes if you don’t have something to refresh your memory by?

:confused: :confused:

limeyphil:

limeyphil:

Do you need to prove it?

You need to tell them a story.
maybe something like “When you do a printout, The last symbol on it must be other work or you will get an automatic £200 fine in the post, Vosa don’t need to pull you as every printout is now sent by bluetooth to the nearest Vosa duty manager. More than 3 offences and your vehicle will switch off, the doors will lock and the police will be on scene to arrest you”.

Cool idea. Pity I can’t tell you the name of the company they work for and who told them this BS. :cry:

some drivers every day talk-oh VOSA can sent to prison for this reason,for this,and much more.but realy in life DO YOU OR YOU FRIEND had big penalty (200 pound or more)for some infrigiment,or not entered manual entry.

quaser:
I thought that you had to keep the printout for 28 days so that you can show VOSA that the reason/excuse for the infringement if they stop you for a check, or if your data is checked after being downloaded at the office.

After 28 days, well they can’t be that bothered. How could you be expected to remember why you went over by 5 minutes if you don’t have something to refresh your memory by?

:confused: :confused:

I may be wrong but the way I’m reading this is that the OP was talking about a random print out that you may or may not do at the end of your shift to show your driving times and such like. Thats just for your own use and that doesn’t need keeping. If you do a print out for an infringement then thats different and the 28 day thing applies.