If you do a printout

VOSA recommend that you do a print-out if you have an infringement and write the reason for the infringement on the rear, which is similar to what we did in the days of analogue tacho cards.

robinhood_1984:
I may be wrong but the way I’m reading this is that the OP was talking about a random print out that you may or may not do at the end of your shift to show your driving times and such like. Thats just for your own use and that doesn’t need keeping. If you do a print out for an infringement then thats different and the 28 day thing applies.

Re-reading the OP’s post, I can see why you think that, robinhood, and I agree that if you do a random print there is no need to keep it. :slight_smile:

Geez how difficult can this be?

A legally required print out (lost/stolen/faulty card or some kind of manual record written on the back) must be carried for 28 days and then handed in for the operator to file.

A print out made purely for your own purposes or information - read it and bin it if you like. Not needed to be carried.

To the best of my knowledge there isn’t a record stored anywhere to say a print out has been made so how would anyone know. May need to consult a tachograph calibration place to verify this though.

shep532:

A legally required print out (lost/stolen/faulty card or some kind of manual record written on the back) must be carried for 28 days and then handed in for the operator to file.

A print out made purely for your own purposes or information - read it and bin it if you like. Not needed to be carried.

To the best of my knowledge there isn’t a record stored anywhere to say a print out has been made so how would anyone know. May need to consult a tachograph calibration place to verify this though.

You’re right, Apart from one little bit that may need a bit more clarity.
As far as i can remember it’s 28 working days, Not just 28 days. So someone on say 4 on 4 off would have to keep the printout with the excuse on the back for the best part of 2 months.

Found out today that they ‘learnt’ this on a CPC course :frowning: :frowning: When I told them it was BS they didn’t believe me because they had been told this on the the course by an instructor :unamused: :unamused:

Yorkysays:-:
Found out today that they ‘learnt’ this on a CPC course :frowning: :frowning: When I told them it was BS they didn’t believe me because they had been told this on the the course by an instructor :unamused: :unamused:

And there’s me warming to the Dcpc idea. Oh well, It’s back to my old ways of thinking again.
It’s [zb]ing useless. :laughing:

limeyphil:

shep532:

As far as i can remember it’s 28 working days, Not just 28 days. So someone on say 4 on 4 off would have to keep the printout with the excuse on the back for the best part of 2 months.

28 calendar day,not working day

My two pennorth. My firm want me to do a daily printout and hand them in after 28 days. I assume this is because we have a mixed digi/analogue fleet. I see no problem with this.
I also do a printout in case of an infringement, and I keep this indefinitely - as I am not sure how long the data on the card is held for. I see no problem with this either.
I now wait for posts telling me EXACTLY why I am wrong :wink: But just so’s you know, I will continue to work this way :sunglasses:

limeyphil:

shep532:

come on phil, what would happen if you stopped working for a few years, you’d never hand them in :laughing: :laughing:

current + 28 calender days

The Sarge:
My two pennorth. My firm want me to do a daily printout and hand them in after 28 days. I assume this is because we have a mixed digi/analogue fleet. I see no problem with this.
I also do a printout in case of an infringement, and I keep this indefinitely - as I am not sure how long the data on the card is held for. I see no problem with this either.
I now wait for posts telling me EXACTLY why I am wrong :wink: But just so’s you know, I will continue to work this way :sunglasses:

i may be wrong but i think i remember something like you can get done upto 6 months after the event, but the records must be kept for a year

The Sarge:

Seems to me that you are going beyond what you are required to do so see no problem. The caveat I would add is if you have printouts in your possesion they MAY be looked at and used in a way you might not like. eg having a tendancy to run over your driving time 2-3 times a month.

Naah, I run clean :sunglasses: Only printouts I’ve got are mistakes, or legal stepping outside the regs.

One of the main benefits of Digi cards is not having to fill in and hand in bits of paper (old analogue discs) .
Whats the point of doing a print out everyday then downloading your card which holds EXACTLY the same info, unless you have an infringement, in which case you do a printout and write on the back your reasons/excuse !
If you have an infringement you have to keep the printout for 28 days because if you get pulled a couple of weeks later and VOSA/Old Bill check your card they will see an infringement and the reasons behind it because you will produce the printout and they can read the back.
Once handed in it has to be kept by the company in case VOSA do a site check or the card comes back from being analised with infringments, if there are infringements all the Authorities/Transport managers do is look in the office and read the back of your printout which will tell them the reasons behind your infringement.
You can do 10 printouts a day if you want and throw them in the bin but you only have to keep 1 at the end of the day if you have commited an offence (even if you ran over driving time by only 2 mins etc).

It says ERF not RAF:
You can do 10 printouts a day if you want and throw them in the bin but you only have to keep 1 at the end of the day if you have commited an offence (even if you ran over driving time by only 2 mins etc).

You don’t even have to keep one in those circumstances (you might not realise you have infringed the regulations).