If you could change the rules

If you had the power to change the rules, what would you change?

rules in relation to what?

Driving?

this forum?

WTD?

11 hours rest every day, no reductions. 48 hours weekly rest :smiley:

Im getting lazy in my old age :wink:

shuttlespanker:
rules in relation to what?

Driving?

this forum?

WTD?

Whatever you want, but i was thinking of driver/driving related, drivers hours, wtd, driver cpc, vehicle lengths.clampers. rdc standards. etc

get rid of limiters for a start

Make all drivers hourly paid with a minimum hourly wage for each class.

Review speed limits for a lot of single carriageway A roads - increase to 50 where safe.

Higher penalties for moving road traffic offences by professional drivers. (my view is that they should know better than the average motorist)

Vehicles fitted with tachos to be given priority to get going in the case of any hold-ups. (driving & total time is limited by law, unlike that for the average motorist)

Make the tacho and WTD regs the same so that 2 different laws are not having to be considered.

that’ll do to start with…

Ban clampers.
Scrap the WTD.
Simplify the hours regs. 14 hour max day, 10 hours rest, 24 hours off after 6 cards, 45minute break after 4.5 hours “no splitting”.
Shift pay, not hourly pay, to stop lazy gits from tossing it off in the services.
European vehicle tax. scrapping all tolls.
no maximum unit size.
o’licences to be handled by your local planning dept.
Sack all traffic commisioners.
Scrap the smoking ban.
parking to be free at all msa’s.
decent food at a reasonable price at all msa’s.
RDC’s to have minimum standards.
No handing keys in.

None of the current rules really affect my life in a detrimental way so I’d pretty much leave them as the are. There really isn’t anything I can get bothered enough about to want to change at the moment.

I’d change the split 45 min break rule. Quite often we can’t get a 15 before loading at the hub, then if we don’t get a full 45 on the bay we have to take another 30 before going home. Surely a 35 and a 15 would be reasonable.

I understand why they changed it, but it can mean being out for longer than really neccessary.

British jobs for British drivers.

Tiger.

Alot of things!

£1,000 a week min wage!! :laughing:

do away with the 24 hr clock so that working time is easier ie
max work 15hrs everyday
min rest 11hrs everyday
6days on rest min 42hrs rest
that would allow enough work 90hrs per week with a 42 hr rest no reductions on weekly rest or daily rest.
max driving 4.5 hrs 1 hr rest no split rest.
so if your day consiats of mainly driving you would show min 15 min PVI and 15 min end of duty for paperwork etc
so the day could look like
15min W
4.5 D
1 R
4.5 D
1 R
3.5 D
15min W
total 15 hrs
max working period of 5hrs then rest of 1hr this would give a lest 2x 1 hr rest periods in the day

speed limits on certain roads increesed
ie where apropiate if the road would accept it
d/c stay the same and motorways at 60 no change.

All work after 18:00hrs till 06:00 time and a half
All work from midnight Fri till midnight Sat time and a half
Midnight sat till midnight sunday Dub time
30 days holiday per year on compleation of 12mths service
and half pay sick pay after 7 dayswith indipendent Dr’s note
1 days training every year on drivers hours etc to be loaded onto your training card - driving licence
All europiean drivers to have the same regs as everyone
all vehicles to be on data base so drivers hrs are recorded in and out of country max fuel tanks cap of 800lts for all of europe
max parking charge of 10 per veh per night/ day. all msa must provide 24hr meals showers etc meals must be of good price ie same as what you would pay in a pub…
Free wi fi at all sites to allow contact for drivers to access family and work issues and of course TRUCKNET.com

Just ban all rules and let the revolution commence… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Smee:

I’ll have some of that.

All HGV’s to be given same priority on the roads as emergency services.!!!

Smee:

But…wouldn’t that ban, by definition… be a rule? so it would have to ban itself, which would make it obsolete… so there would be no ban, but if there were no ban then there wouldn’t be a ban to ban the rules and we’d be back where we started.

My contribution:
The size of the unit shouldn’t be taken into account when calculating the length of the total “vehicle”

The rule should be the tractor unit can be as long as the manufacturer likes, as long as it isn’t used directly for carrying a load, I.E Its only uses are for pulling the trailer etc, and the driver having somewhere to sleep.

We’d all have a lot larger living space if they didn’t count the unit.

pecjam23:

Well if we get blues and two’s, then i want the ghostbusters siren. :laughing:

limeyphil:

pecjam23:

Well if we get blues and two’s, then i want the ghostbusters siren. :laughing:

■■■■ the siren! I’ll have the themetune blasting out of a couple of speakers…and that hot secretary they had in the passenger seat :wink:

all town centres to provdie free parking and showers every night of he wek for at least 50 trucks.
not fee for parking on motorway services and all prices dropped to high street prices instead of over priced food.plus ta least 6 showers and separete toilet shower blocks for truckers.
all forgien trucksto pay a tax for every mile used in the ukwith tracker boxes fitted to them all entering the uk.
£10.00 hour pay rate £30 night out money and fuel dropped to a rate so that all firms can fight on a fair playing field,