If you could change the rules

Some good points, but I would of thought the hours you worked and what you are paid would be up to you to negotiate with your employer.

As for the food do what I do and complain like hell to the on duty manager or manageress.
If we all next week every time we had crap food or a disgusting shower made a point of complaining we might get something done, but the thing is most of us are just too polite to complain, WELL I AM NOT!!! Just do it, you know it makes sense, and it will hopefully eventually benefit us all

ROG:
Make all drivers hourly paid with a minimum hourly wage for each class.

Noooooo…Anything but hourly raaaaaaate. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Personally I wouldn’t want to be tied to 11 off every night (although I try and get 12 most days… :blush: ), but I certainly think a minimum of 10 would be good.

All vehicles 7.5t and under, restricted to the outside lane on D/C’s and M’ways. :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

nick2008:
do away with the 24 hr clock so that working time is easier ie
max work 15hrs everyday
min rest 11hrs everyday
6days on rest min 42hrs rest
that would allow enough work 90hrs per week with a 42 hr rest no reductions on weekly rest or daily rest.
max driving 4.5 hrs 1 hr rest no split rest.
so if your day consiats of mainly driving you would show min 15 min PVI and 15 min end of duty for paperwork etc
so the day could look like
15min W
4.5 D
1 R
4.5 D
1 R
3.5 D
15min W
total 15 hrs
max working period of 5hrs then rest of 1hr this would give a lest 2x 1 hr rest periods in the day
End quote…

Oh what joy.
6 days on and a WHOLE 42 hours off
And 12.5 hours a day griving.
I cant’t wait.

I DON’T THINK SO

Tonyb

i would like to be able to work as many hours as i want ,LEGAL :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
Ban clampers.
Scrap the WTD.
Simplify the hours regs. 14 hour max day, 10 hours rest, 24 hours off after 6 cards, 45minute break after 4.5 hours “no splitting”.
Shift pay, not hourly pay, to stop lazy gits from tossing it off in the services.
European vehicle tax. scrapping all tolls.
no maximum unit size.
o’licences to be handled by your local planning dept.
Sack all traffic commisioners.

parking to be free at all msa’s.
decent food at a reasonable price at all msa’s.
RDC’s to have minimum standards.
No handing keys in.

i go with phil except for the smoking ban.

plus ban limiters set at 52mph

aidey:
get rid of limiters for a start

Me too! In the modern days of, Cameras everywhere, satelite tracking, and corporate liability, they’re not really needed. Or if they are they should be fitted to all vehicles.

right …max 9 hours a day seven days if you want it
half hour break after four and a half hours drive
wtd to be scrapped and no silly things like the po,s
leave speed limits as they are,if the 40 limits are raised to 50 ,
people will do 60 and so it will go on
and for all those like me who dont want to work seven days a week a
huge fine and prison for the boss who trys to force it on a driver, and
1000000 pounds compo for the driver
and for the distance drivers 16 hour spread 11 hours max drive
and only three days a week then four off, i was going to say ban sleeping in cabs ,hotels only but ill leave that for another day