If I take my PSV

Will that cover me on my DCPC requirements for HGVs ■■?

Rog is the man to ask, but look for my thread or the other one by thetastytrucker and I think you may have your answer.

Initial CPC is a separate test for cat C and D

Once you are in the CPC system the 35hrs counts for both categories.

I have both categories and have been through the system.

Do you already have any LGV category on your licence?

EDIT …
I looked through your back posts and see that you do have a LGV so now need to know the answer to this question …

Did you pass a UK car licence test before 1997?

ROG:

EDIT …
I looked through your back posts and see that you do have a LGV so now need to know the answer to this question …

Yes held my Class One 20 odd years now.

oatcake1967:

ROG:

EDIT …

Yes held my Class One 20 odd years now.

Then you will be in the grandfather rights CPC system.

So all 35h count towards both categories.

The D1 101 on your licence counts as acquired rights for PCV dcpc so to get D you need to take and pass these …

Module 1a PCV theory
Module 1b HPT
Module 3 practical road drive and reverse

D4 Medical - a new one will be required unless within a few months of doing your last LGV D4 medical or you already have D provisional on the paper part of licence

If not already got a DQC/driver cpc card then you will need to get that before you can drive PCVs commercially
This can easily be done by completing all the 35 hours for your LGV

Complete all the 35 hours for LGV - get DQC expiry dated 09/09/2019 - then pass D and that will also be valid until 09/09/2019 for dcpc purposes even if you pass D now or in 5 years time

When was your last D4 medical ?
Do you have D prov?

My last medical was July 2012,

On the back of my licence it says…

D1 23/05/86 TO 11/07/37…101

D1E 23/05/86 TO 11/07/37…101,119.

Hows that.

oatcake1967:
My last medical was July 2012,

On the back of my licence it says…

D1 23/05/86 TO 11/07/37…101

D1E 23/05/86 TO 11/07/37…101,119.

Hows that.

What is on the paper part? - looking for D under the provisional section

GH 12/07/84 to 11/07/37

Tis clean apart from that :smiley:

oatcake1967:
GH 12/07/84 to 11/07/37

Tis clean apart from that :smiley:

In that case you WILL need to do a D4 medical with a D2 form to get D provisional but that medical will cover you for both LGV & PCV for 5 years so if you did it now it would last until Nov 2018 and not July 2017 as your current one does

You will need to apply for D provisional entitlement before you can take your D test

For anyone else reading this thread who does not have D provisional - use a D2 form to apply for D provisional the next time you do a D4 medical for LGV as you get D provisional added for FREE

Or remember to tick all boxes in the beginning

So if I pass the test and medical I will be covered DCPC wise for PSV/HGV for a few more years?

Oui?

oatcake1967:
So if I pass the test and medical I will be covered DCPC wise for PSV/HGV for a few more years?

Oui?

OUI/YES

Dcpc until 09/09/2019 and medical until 2018 if you complete the current 35 hours dcpc/ get a DQC card

dar1976:
Or remember to tick all boxes in the beginning

For newbies just ticking C & D on the D2 form when sending in their first D4 medical form will cover the lot

Before sending in your licence look at the photo expiry date and consider changing the photo at the same time so that becomes valid for 10 years

My photo is valid for 10 years and next D4 medical in 5 years then in another 5 years so when the photo expires so will my 2nd D4 medical = reduces the sending of the licence to DVLA for them to ■■■■ it up !!

FFS…surely they cant make it any harder than all this, can they?

Is this off the top of your head Rog?

ROG:

oatcake1967:

Oui?

OUI/YES

Dcpc until 09/09/2019 and medical until 2018 if you complete the current 35 hours dcpc/ get a DQC card

So just to clarify a PCV course will count towards the 35 hours or 35 hours of other training needs
to be endured.