If I Get My Hands On

This ■■■■■■ Sainsburys driver I will ring his ■■■■■■■ neck so hard he’ll never want to drive again and that goes for any other ■■■■■■ 35mph driver out on the open roads. As if 40mph wasn’t bad enough on todays A roads (A77 this was) we have a desperate Dan here trying to top up his ■■■■■ hourly wage with holding up the traffic in excess of 15 lorry lengths just so he can earn an extra £3 a day. This ■■■■ should be getting done for reckless driving for driving too slow. No way on earth this is safe practice nor is it good for the lorry. I wasn’t even in top gear so for him to travel in excess of 250miles+ round trip at that speed surely cant be good.

55kmh - 34mph.

scottishcruiser:
This [zb] Sainsburys driver I will ring his [zb] neck so hard he’ll never want to drive again and that goes for any other [zb] 35mph driver out on the open roads. As if 40mph wasn’t bad enough on todays A roads (A77 this was) we have a desperate Dan here trying to top up his [zb] hourly wage with holding up the traffic in excess of 15 lorry lengths just so he can earn an extra £3 a day. This [zb] should be getting done for reckless driving for driving too slow. No way on earth this is safe practice nor is it good for the lorry. I wasn’t even in top gear so for him to travel in excess of 250miles+ round trip at that speed surely cant be good.

55kmh - 34mph.
That gives £600.- by 200 Working Day’s
But they don’t do that with me :exclamation: I would overtake him and slow him down some more :grimacing:

Theres is no law stating a minimum speed, If a driver wants to do 35mph on a 40 mph road, thats his choice, but out of courtesy to other drivers he should allow people to pass when a queue forms behind him, by pulling over into a layby or other safe place to do so.
Theres not much point getting worked up about it, Its part and parcel of the job. Maybe the guy had just picked up a different truck, that he wasnt used to driving. Just my view of the situation :slight_smile:

look at it this way,at least your gaffer will be pleased your getting 10.2 mpg out of his Volvo.

Quinny:
look at it this way,at least your gaffer will be pleased your getting 10.2 mpg out of his Volvo.

I was just thinking the same.

What weight were you running at? I can usually get around 9.5 - 10.5 to the gal on the trunking if it is a fairly light load

I’m working out there at the moment, and no it wasnt me lol

I agree on roads like the A77 or the A75 going to the Newton Stewart shop its insane to hold up traffic so much, we have trackers on our vehicles, but then again ive been working there on and off for a few years and never have been pulled up for speeding by the tracker.

Plus as well the Mercs we have now are pieces of crap, he was prob sitting on the cruise control at 40mph but these are such gutless trucks even thinks there is slight incline will drop to 30mph !

Is no need for it on roads like the A77 or the A75 to hold up traffic that much espec since there is people on much tighter deadlines, if i were forced to go such slow speeds which i have been in the past i’d be pulling into layby’s every so often to let people by. Tesco trucks on the A75 used to always let me past when i was going for the boat when i worked outta Cairnryan.

He may have had a faulty speedo :bulb: but even if he had, then seeing a large queue building up behind, I would have thought that a driver not in a hurry would have pulled over somewhere safe for 10 seconds to allow others by.

It is a lovely drive up there, why the rush? :laughing:

Your I shift gearbox must have been happy enough to pootle along in top gear, 10.2mpg as well. Well done!

Kenny1975:
I’m working out there at the moment, and no it wasnt me lol

I agree on roads like the A77 or the A75 going to the Newton Stewart shop its insane to hold up traffic so much, we have trackers on our vehicles, but then again ive been working there on and off for a few years and never have been pulled up for speeding by the tracker.

Plus as well the Mercs we have now are pieces of crap, he was prob sitting on the cruise control at 40mph but these are such gutless trucks even thinks there is slight incline will drop to 30mph !

Is no need for it on roads like the A77 or the A75 to hold up traffic that much espec since there is people on much tighter deadlines, if i were forced to go such slow speeds which i have been in the past i’d be pulling into layby’s every so often to let people by. Tesco trucks on the A75 used to always let me past when i was going for the boat when i worked outta Cairnryan.

Are you working for Sainsburys just now?? If so are use not allwed to take the A714 from Girvan through Barhill then onto Newton Stewart? Maybe not as good a road but it be quicker than the route these numpties are taking (Girvan - Stranraer - Newton Stewart), especially when there meddling with boat traffic. Wouldn’t surprise me the least if you find one in a ditch somewhere as not many people (Some fast trotting lorries of the boat) will stand for that carry on wether its the rules or not. Ive never been that slow to let people by but if I was then I would as I dont think I could face teh embaresssment of holding X amount of traffic knowing it was down to me.

40mph is a limit, not a target. :stuck_out_tongue:
If everyone stuck to speeds which were not in excess of the speed limits, perhaps the powers that be might get with the program and realise that although technology has progressed, the limits have not, and may take a look at raising them. There is very little chance of the limits being raised whilst people flout the law, allowing traffic to flow reasonably well and get the goods delivered on time, and provide revenue through speeding fines. So to have the possibility of speeding up…slow down!

well i got put in my place a few years ago,after following some old git,sorry senior gentleman,for about 15 miles doing 39mph in a 50,at the first chance i got to have a word in his ear, i did,to this his reply was…50 IS A LIMIT NOT A TARGET,ME LADDO, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i just love it. an irish motor pulling a norfolk line fridge and its driver is lecturing on reckless and inconsiderate driving.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

some guys out there reeeeeealy need to calm down and chill out a bit.

Makes me mad :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
Then you get the ones that speed when they get to a dual carriageway, Why? If your gonna break the limit on a dual carriageway do it on the single carriageway. And they always seem to have a faster lorry than you so your stuck behind for miles and miles.

Or as my girlfriend screamed at someone the other day, who was doing 25 past a 30mph speed camera. “You don’t get ZBing nectar points for going under the speed limit you ZB” (She’s a lovely girl really)

Alex

Scarab:
Or as my girlfriend screamed at someone the other day, who was doing 25 past a 30mph speed camera. “You don’t get ZBing nectar points for going under the speed limit you ZB” (She’s a lovely girl really)

Alex

I’ve seen so many do this - over slow for cameras - this in itself becomes a hazard for safe legal drivers.

This is the main reason I hate these cameras - the reminder signs that light up only when doing over the limit and remind the driver of what the limit is (not the ones that show your speed) are my preferred choice and seem to have the same effect without alienating the driver - but they are not a CASH COW though…

moo

wot i the carnt under stand is the A1 newcastle to edinburgh is 40MPH for trucks so why do certain supermarket trucks sit at 40 cos if they speed its breakin the law but wen they get on the duel carrage way they speed up to 56mph wots that about

andy best:
wot i the carnt under stand is the A1 newcastle to edinburgh is 40MPH for trucks so why do certain supermarket trucks sit at 40 cos if they speed its breakin the law but wen they get on the duel carrage way they speed up to 56mph wots that about

That’s been mentioned before and not just for that group of drivers - that must be one of the most annoying things for a lot of truckers when that happens - very selfish IMO

ROG:

andy best:

That’s been mentioned before and not just for that group of drivers - that must be one of the most annoying things for a lot of truckers when that happens - very selfish IMO

excluding fully paid up members of the IHTTB i bet there are not many truck drivers on here who could put the hand up and say they have never done that, my self included :exclamation: :blush: :blush: dont know why but just do it for some reason, 40 ishhhhhhhhhhhh :wink: :blush: :blush: on single, hit the dual and whoooooosh…off i go.

pecjam23:
dont know why but just do it for some reason

[Zen mode] It’s only when you starting asking yourself why that things change - [/Zen mode]