Idiot car drivers

Why is it that when your in the outside lane of a duel carrigeway or a two lane motorway, ■■■■ car drivers flash you out of the way? I was in the outside lane of the M11 earlier, overtaking 3 lorries. I was doing 56 mph and gradually getting past them. After about 2 mins of frustration i finally got past, to which about 5 car drivers came past giving it all the usuall:; FINGERS ■■■■■■ SIGN. Do they not realise that we are limited or are they just typical coat hanger men with ■■■■■ mondeos that have to be in a hurry all the time and have no consideration for guys like us that would like to be at home, but cant!

THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

Thoughts?

Just laugh mate…no problem!

Do what I do point to the company phone number and blow them a kiss…watch them swerve all over the place as the red mist takes over and the coffee and ■■■ falls into their lap PMSL

Haha, good one. I usually give them a big grin which seems to enrage them further. Or tap my forehead so as to say “try using your brain”.

It is silly though. This time last year I was in a high pressure white-van-man job racing Sprinters vast distances around the country, yet even I understood why lorrys take time to overtake and there’s not much that can be done about it. But it does annoy me when if there’s just one lorry overtaking another on a two-lane motorway/dual carriageway, why the one being overtaken doesn’t just knock cruise off for a few seconds and let the overtaking one by…

look at both sides ,
imagine another lorry pulling in front of
you going 40mph ,
causing you to break and sit behind ,
for va couple of mins,

Once overtaken ,
a lorry ahead pulls out again at 40mph ,
slowing you again.

Just so he can gain a extra 2mins on his 150mile journey.

“duck and cover” :laughing:

manowar:
Haha, good one. I usually give them a big grin which seems to enrage them further. Or tap my forehead so as to say “try using your brain”.

It is silly though. This time last year I was in a high pressure white-van-man job racing Sprinters vast distances around the country, yet even I understood why lorrys take time to overtake and there’s not much that can be done about it. But it does annoy me when if there’s just one lorry overtaking another on a two-lane motorway/dual carriageway, why the one being overtaken doesn’t just knock cruise off for a few seconds and let the overtaking one by…

Yeah why is that? I know we all have only 9 hrs driving, but why cant some of us just say: ■■■■ it, he is faster than me i will back off a bit so he/she can get past!! Mind boggels??

The majority of car drivers are just nobs anyway they have absolutely no idea and I still cant believe one hour under test conditions is ok for 40 odd years of driving it begs belief! I always tap the breaks when being over taken to let the faster lorry through it does nothing to my day but so many just sit there trying to keep up with you. I have learnt to laugh it all off now, reckon I’d be in early grave if I start letting it get to me :smiley:

I usually try to back off to let faster trucks past but the problem is when a truck is behind you they inevitably dont seem to get the gist of what you doing and then also pull out to go past you. Thankfully I have a truck that does 86kph so overtaking is not really an issue for me. Much rather sit in inside lane plodding along.

Set my cruise to 50mph and sit back and enjoy the ride…
If you want to pass feel free im not gonna hold anyone out.
As for car drivers… dont even go there lol

dirty devil 666:

manowar:

Yeah why is that? I know we all have only 9 hrs driving, but why cant some of us just say: [zb] it, he is faster than me i will back off a bit so he/she can get past!! Mind boggels??

Like the ■■■■ in the arctic today that I was overtaking on that up and down bit of the A31 by Rufus Stone. I lost a bit of momentum as I went up hill, and as ‘Billy Big Wheels’ had a more powerful engine he kept gunning it to keep me beside him. I dropped back behind him and he slows down again.

I had a secret weapon though, an old lorry with no limiter fitted :smiley: - come the level road I just zipped past the fella. Big engine he might have, but no good if its nuts have been lopped off :laughing:

Just a thought but should you have been in the outside lane of a presumably three lane motorway??

I think not…but then I maybe wrong please explain further…

Anyone else get annoyed about car drivers doing 45 on a motorway? I swear Im not lying and cant be the only one to see it? You’re cruising along at 56 and then all of a sudden you’re up their ■■■■ and on the brakes because they silly old git is doing 47 miles per hour ON A MOTORWAY ffs its a joke! Ah rant over been wanting to vent that for weeks lol :smiley:

OllieNotts:
Anyone else get annoyed about car drivers doing 45 on a motorway? I swear Im not lying and cant be the only one to see it? You’re cruising along at 56 and then all of a sudden you’re up their ■■■■ and on the brakes because they silly old git is doing 47 miles per hour ON A MOTORWAY ffs its a joke! Ah rant over been wanting to vent that for weeks lol :smiley:

Only when they do it in the middle lane .

They do this as soon as they join the motorway till they leave, come off slip road and just shoot right over to the middle and you know its because they are petrified of having to change lanes.

Its shocking that lots of drivers dont realise the danger behind them on a motorway and cant glance in a mirror due to the terror of whats happening in front.

I know exactly what you mean…

I had an old rover 214 with an ancient chap driving it plodding along at 50mph. So I sat behind him, not excessively close, patiently waiting for a chance to overtake. As this was between the M25 and Hatfield on a friday afternoon, chances were few and far between. My lorry’s relatively quick with the limiter bang-on 90km/h so it wouldn’t have taken a minute to get past him. But whenever I pulled out to overtake the old git, he sped up! And naturally, as I pulled in behind him feeling like a muppet for pulling out but failing to overtake, he adds insult to injury by slowing back down again! GRR!

This was made all the worse as the heat was on for me to get to the Welwyn North junction in order to take the back road up to Hitchin. Reason being, another driver had just called me to say that there was a nasty accident up at Stevenage and the queues were building rapidly. I made it just in the nick of time though :smiley:

Mad dan:
Just a thought but should you have been in the outside lane of a presumably three lane motorway??

I think not…but then I maybe wrong please explain further…

some parts of the M11 are just 2 lane motorway

Why does it always seem to be Rover drivers ?
Motorways might as well be 2 lane because most car drivers seem incapable or reluctant to use the third lane anyway.

i love it when they come down a slip road and look up at you… ive give up letting em in now as im not slowing down with 44tons to let a car that can easy speed up get onto a motorway…

Had a classic today!!

One of our yards is on a farm on the A16, 4 miles north of Market Deeping. The entrance onto the farm lane is a really tight left turn coming from Market Deeping direction and the lane that you are turning into is just barely wider than the wagon. To make things even tighter, there is an old phone box right on the corner of the lane at the main road. This all means that you absolutely cannot cut any of the corner at all. Being a complete ‘newbie’ I found this out the hard way on my second day (first day going to the farm) and ended up having to have my Driver’s Mate stop traffic so I could do a reverse shunt on the main road! :blush:

Anyway, lesson learned and since then…no probs; slow down ahead of time to await a gap in oncoming traffic, indicate left and then straddle the centreline and round she goes nicely.

This evening, approaching the entrance; got slowed down in plenty of time, no traffic coming the other way so I signal left and manouevre slightly right to ‘straddle’ as mentioned. At this point, being a good boy, I am checking my mirrors and literally as I start to turn in, a silly cow in a blue fiesta comes up the inside of me by mounting the kerb FFS!! Thank God I was checking my mirrors!! i was able to stop without turning her into Spam in a can!! What really blew my mind tho’ was that as I stopped another stupid boy racer type idiot in a ‘hot hatch’ of some description over took me on the offside! They bloody nearly met right in front of my wagon; one from the left and one from the right!! :open_mouth:

I mean WTF!! They both must have saved at least 3 seconds on their journeys. But they both came within inches of being ‘mincemeat’!!

Of course, If there had been an accident, the news media would have portrayed the Lorry Driver as the villain of the piece, I am sure.

What did I do wrong? Any advice for a ‘newbie’ from you ‘old hands’?

spd0121:

If indicator on - you did nothing wrong

Did you lean hard and long on your horn when you saw this happening :question:

spd0121:
Had a classic today!!

One of our yards is on a farm on the A16, 4 miles north of Market Deeping. The entrance onto the farm lane is a really tight left turn coming from Market Deeping direction and the lane that you are turning into is just barely wider than the wagon. To make things even tighter, there is an old phone box right on the corner of the lane at the main road. This all means that you absolutely cannot cut any of the corner at all. Being a complete ‘newbie’ I found this out the hard way on my second day (first day going to the farm) and ended up having to have my Driver’s Mate stop traffic so I could do a reverse shunt on the main road! :blush:

Anyway, lesson learned and since then…no probs; slow down ahead of time to await a gap in oncoming traffic, indicate left and then straddle the centreline and round she goes nicely.

This evening, approaching the entrance; got slowed down in plenty of time, no traffic coming the other way so I signal left and manouevre slightly right to ‘straddle’ as mentioned. At this point, being a good boy, I am checking my mirrors and literally as I start to turn in, a silly cow in a blue fiesta comes up the inside of me by mounting the kerb FFS!! Thank God I was checking my mirrors!! i was able to stop without turning her into Spam in a can!! What really blew my mind tho’ was that as I stopped another stupid boy racer type idiot in a ‘hot hatch’ of some description over took me on the offside! They bloody nearly met right in front of my wagon; one from the left and one from the right!! :open_mouth:

I mean WTF!! They both must have saved at least 3 seconds on their journeys. But they both came within inches of being ‘mincemeat’!!

Of course, If there had been an accident, the news media would have portrayed the Lorry Driver as the villain of the piece, I am sure.

I would of turned the cab towards the left to block the woman, got out and given her a few words of advice, like you better go to specsavers