Idiot car driver

Coming down the M6 this morning and there’s a Vauxhall Corsa in the middle lane doing 50 so I come up behind and flash him in, this is followed by a finger out of his window and slower driving then he brake checks me. At this point I’m thinking he has issues and pull in so an artic behind me gets the same treatment, does the idiot not realise just how badly wrong that could of gone for him let alone us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So.Is this unusual?We all have this on a regular basis.
Do you have a dahcam?

wrighty1:
Coming down the M6 this morning and there’s a Vauxhall Corsa in the middle lane doing 50 so I come up behind and flash him in, this is followed by a finger out of his window and slower driving then he brake checks me. At this point I’m thinking he has issues and pull in so an artic behind me gets the same treatment, does the idiot not realise just how badly wrong that could of gone for him let alone us.

Did you not expect a brake test after flashing your lights ?

Yes there is a dash cam so will get it looked at tomorrow, I’m used to being cut up all the time but that’s the first time someone’s done that.

Punchy Dan:

wrighty1:

Did you not expect a brake test after flashing your lights ?

No, is that the norm? I’ve often flashed slower drivers to let them know I’m there whether I’m in a car or truck without issue.

Yes it’s the norm , i keep left with the right indicator on often these driver see it and wake up and zoom off ,then the possible shunt has been avoided and I’ve not had to pass up the inside :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Yes it’s the norm , i keep left with the right indicator on often these driver see it and wake up and zoom off ,then the possible shunt has been avoided and I’ve not had to pass up the inside :smiley:

Fair enough, I know it happens just was a first for me lol.

If the alternative is to sit in lane one and jam the motorway up, I’ve no issues with passing them on the left. It’s not like I’m weaving in and out of traffic.

Captain Caveman 76:
If the alternative is to sit in lane one and jam the motorway up, I’ve no issues with passing them on the left. It’s not like I’m weaving in and out of traffic.

Yeh, and a quick air horn blast AFTER they have seen you usually brings them to their senses.
(Awaiting the self righteous now telling me what I should and shouldn’t do)
I know you should not undertake, but I reckon it’s the best of two evils over what the o/p did.

What happened to all the media publicity a couple of years ago when middle lane hogging was going to be clamped down on anyway ■■

robroy:
What happened to all the media publicity a couple of years ago when middle lane hogging was going to be clamped down on anyway ■■

Probably reached the target for the station party so there was no need to carry on the campaign! :laughing:

wrighty1:

Here you go robroy

Maybe he was an idiot but why act aggressively towards him. I am sure he thinks you are an idiot as well.
Why did he brake check you? Probably because you were too close and if that was the case you are a bigger idiot than him.
Why not back off and sit in the inside lane for a while until he disappears or are you one of these that is always in a hurry and never backs off?

Tell me how it could have gone wrong and why? Two wrongs do not make a right.

This is why we get such a bad reputation.

Uncle Albie:
Tell me how it could have gone wrong and why?

If you need someone to tell you how brake checking could go wrong then I have to ask if you actually drive, or even leave your mums basement?
Two wrongs might not make a right but is someone flashing the lights at you (When you are in a lane you shouldnt be in) really worth risking 44 ton of Scania rammed up your arse?

Of course we never get trucks hogging the middle lane while elephant racing or blocking the outside lane of a dual carriageway for mile after mile.

A lot of hypocrites on here I am afraid. :unamused:

Uncle Albie:

wrighty1:

Here you go robroy

Maybe he was an idiot but why act aggressively towards him. I am sure he thinks you are an idiot as well.
Why did he brake check you? Probably because you were too close and if that was the case you are a bigger idiot than him.
Why not back off and sit in the inside lane for a while until he disappears or are you one of these that is always in a hurry and never backs off?

Think you need to wind your neck in pal, as I said I came up behind him not too close and ■■■■ happens as it did to the driver that tried after me. No aggression on my part but fair play to you if you want to judge me, I’ve been driving for over 30 years without incident although only driving trucks since last June and consider myself to be conscientious to other road users. Then again you’ve decided that I was doing the Mad Max bit anyway[emoji19]

The-Snowman:

Uncle Albie:

If you need someone to tell you how brake checking could go wrong then I have to ask if you actually drive, or even leave your mums basement?
Two wrongs might not make a right but is someone flashing the lights at you (When you are in a lane you shouldnt be in) really worth risking 44 ton of Scania rammed up your arse?

DOH and why do you think drivers get brake checked? I will tell you it is usually because they are driving dangerously close to the vehicle they are following.

If these idiots drove considerately they might not get brake checked.In my book they deserve locking up.

wrighty1:

Uncle Albie:

wrighty1:

Here you go robroy

Think you need to wind your neck in pal, as I said I came up behind him not too close and [zb] happens as it did to the driver that tried after me. No aggression on my part but fair play to you if you want to judge me, I’ve been driving for over 30 years without incident although only driving trucks since last June and consider myself to be conscientious to other road users. Then again you’ve decided that I was doing the Mad Max bit anyway[emoji19]

I apologise if I misunderstood what you did but the way you explained it sounded exactly like I see everyday on our roads.
Aggressive truck drivers traveling far too close to the vehicle in front.
I have been driving trucks on and off for over 40 years and hate seeing the amount of appalling driving from truck drivers.

Uncle Albie:

The-Snowman:

Uncle Albie:

DOH and why do you think drivers get brake checked? I will tell you it is usually because they are driving dangerously close to the vehicle they are following.

If these idiots drove considerately they might not get brake checked.In my book they deserve locking up.

You didnt ask why drivers get brake checked. You asked to be told how it could go wrong.
I got cut up in traffic once and flashed the lights at the guy in the fiesta. I then got brake checked all the way down the hill as a thank you for not driving a Daf over the top of him. Nothing to do with me driving too close or being inconsiderate. If anything it was incredibly considerate of me not to just run into him
I have to ask though. Inconsiderate driving should be a jailable offence but brake checking is ok as its justified? And you claim to run a haulage company?

Uncle Albie:

wrighty1:

Uncle Albie:

wrighty1:

Here you go robroy

Think you need to wind your neck in pal, as I said I came up behind him not too close and [zb] happens as it did to the driver that tried after me. No aggression on my part but fair play to you if you want to judge me, I’ve been driving for over 30 years without incident although only driving trucks since last June and consider myself to be conscientious to other road users. Then again you’ve decided that I was doing the Mad Max bit anyway[emoji19]

I apologise if I misunderstood what you did but the way you explained it sounded exactly like I see everyday on our roads.
Aggressive truck drivers traveling far too close to the vehicle in front.
I have been driving trucks on and off for over 40 years and hate seeing the amount of appalling driving from truck drivers.

On that we agree but I can assure you I don’t get that close, maybe as I was in a rigid he thought 26 ton wouldn’t hurt as much [emoji6]

Uncle Albie:

wrighty1:

Here you go robroy

OK, but why are you aiming your post at me?
I aint the o/p.

Maybe HATO should use the empty matrix signs to better use… ( instead of J23 15 mins - “FOG” on a sunny day , I could go on )

" DON"T HOG THE MIDDLE LANE"

" FINISHED THE OVERTAKE MOVE BACK IN "

" DON’T TAILGATE "

" DON’T LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE IF EXITING "

seen in France " ON ROULE A DROIT" (WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT) a little reminder to pull back in after the overtake

started you all off … so what would / should BOSSHOG tell his bosses what us as every day drivers would like to see on the overheads