i would

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

limeyphil:
too small. it would be ok as a longline.

Oh I didn’t realise you drive a longline, any pics? At 4 metres tall its bigger than whatever the rest of us mere mortals drive.

i don’t, but it would be better if it was longer.

Ah right it’s just from your post you implied you drove something bigger.

skids:
Is that a DAF ssc roof on it?

don`t think so,probably a merc ms roof

Every so often there is a truck that realy is a radical departure from what went before. The Renault magnum was probally the last one and this raises the bar again.

switchlogic:

• insert tenuous joke about ditches/crashes or such here. :wink:

As if we would find a way to harass you over your minor navigation choices and moments of inattention in your professional life! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Grasshopper:
At last someone has done something different with a truck and put some effort into it.

I think you will find the Renault had some sort of solo cab years ago on the Premium it never really took off due to the fact the premium was a heap then ( and still is today in my opinion )
Anyway back to the Merc -
Fold up bed - don’t like it . Means you have to make the dam thing and re-arange the cab every time you want to lie down for 10 minutes.Once or twice would be OK but to live in it long term I’d say it wouldn’t be to long until you would be cursing the thing.
The rest of it looks the part and it will probably win truck of the year or some such award but really it’s not that different . Let’s see how it looks with 500000 kms on it

beefy4605:
Fold up bed - don’t like it . Means you have to make the dam thing and re-arange the cab every time you want to lie down for 10 minutes.Once or twice would be OK but to live in it long term I’d say it wouldn’t be to long until you would be cursing the thing.

I had the office/kitchen pack option on a couple of the Volvo XL Globetrotters I had and I just used the top bunk for all lying down or sleeping based activities and never cursed the thing in the 3 years I had each vehicle. It’s cooler sleeping up there in the summer instead of directly above the hot engine, especially if you slid the sunroof all the way open.

Stunning bit of kit that.

Coffeeholic:

beefy4605:

I had the office/kitchen pack option on a couple of the Volvo XL Globetrotters I had and I just used the top bunk for all lying down or sleeping based activities and never cursed the thing in the 3 years I had each vehicle. It’s cooler sleeping up there in the summer instead of directly above the hot engine, especially if you slid the sunroof all the way open.

I’ve never been able to get good sleep in the top bunk - I never liked it up there . Only time was in a Scania with the big bed over the front and the step ladder to get up to it .Was the only truck I was happy sleeping upstairs in .

The hammock type bunk in the premium was top notch,great nights sleep in that had trouble getting out of it though. :smiley:

Well just don’t fold the bunk up then, leave it down…

Iveco and by the sounds of it a few others have tried blanking the passanger seat before with hit & miss results. I think Merc have finally got it right with this. The passenger seat is just in the way most of the time anyway.

Silver_Surfer:

Iveco and by the sounds of it a few others have tried blanking the passanger seat before with hit & miss results. I think Merc have finally got it right with this. The passenger seat is just in the way most of the time anyway.

This^

Double manning in that would be good when you are not doing your driving stint. Seat all the way back and loads of legroom.

When I had a 110 I took the passenger seat out- masses of room!

Looks a nice motor alrite, makes me wonder what they’l do with the smaller Axor, Im about due for a new one. :grimacing:

It all looks fantastic, apart from one thing in my view, and that’s the front lights/bumper combination. They couldn’t have designed it to be more ugly if they tried! Similar styling to the current MB car range, not good. Looks like a bulldog that’s swallowed a wasp!

But yes, I would too, you can’t see the ugly bits from the driving seat :slight_smile:

At last,a PROPER truck instead of everyone harping on about how ■■■■■■■ good DAFs are!!!..there is NO comparison,even with the older Actros…DAF obviously sacked all their Research and Development team about 10 years ago!!!
You can’t beat a Merc. :wink:

manowar:
It all looks fantastic, apart from one thing in my view, and that’s the front lights/bumper combination. They couldn’t have designed it to be more ugly if they tried! Similar styling to the current MB car range, not good. Looks like a bulldog that’s swallowed a wasp!

But yes, I would too, you can’t see the ugly bits from the driving seat :slight_smile:

i love the way it looks…not pretty,i admit,but it certainly has presence.btw love the cars aswell…much better than bmw

Gembo:
Looks a nice motor alrite, makes me wonder what they’l do with the smaller Axor, Im about due for a new one. :grimacing:

They’re discontinuing the Axor and there will just be the option of a narrower cab on the Actros. So hold fire if you can till this is released, although it will be more expensive than the Axor i’m sure.

Coffeeholic:

Silver_Surfer:

This^

Double manning in that would be good when you are not doing your driving stint. Seat all the way back and loads of legroom.

My 1st artic job with a regular truck was on an Iveco Stralis - Active Space3 - which I loved, sure it had it’s issues, but the space in there, to get up and walk around, to eat your food at a table etc…

The thing that let the Stralis down apart from the interior falling to pieces was that the bottom bed just was not a bed, it was a few mats on some hard plastic lockers so no point in making it up really, I always slept on the top bunk which was fine but I think with this new Actros that the bottom bunk will actually be usable as well if you want it.

The remote control panel was pretty cool though on the top bunk, you could control everything from your little hidey base up top. :stuck_out_tongue:

When someone gets that solo cab and the fancy key let us know. I don’t see any fleet buyers going for it!