I would like some adventure please

ok firstly i know from other peoples posts that i am lucky to have a job at all right now but… night trunking is so boring. i m doing the same 4 hour run every night, occasionally an extra drop, and after 5 months im going nuts, this isnt really what i had in mind when i decieded to get my hgv license. mgiht as well be on production line

looking through the pictures of the old school trips to the middle east makes me jealous, i know those days are long gone, what work around now gives you a bit of adventure, seeing some of the world. i am thinking of the music tours or something like that

and again apologies to anyone who would just like a job. i am sticking with this one until economy recovers, bordom beats poverty any day. but you have to dream of better times, man cannot live on bread alone. indeed

I think you need to have a word with Neil46 :laughing: :laughing: Are you any good at ducking or kissing your arse goodbye and driving an actros at 80+ mph :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Euromat is the guy to ask about the music tours though

Im not going to dampen your enthusiasm but if you are fed up on night trunk after only driving an artic for 8 months.

I think you will soon get fed up doing 2000 miles overland to Greece or Turkey. Even the lads who do Spain or Italy every week get to know every pothole and marker post after a couple of months.

Music Tours are probably a good way of seeing Europe, see Kindle530 & Euromats Diaries but could you cope with living in a lorry for weeks or months on end?

come to the dark side :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Neil

What is it like on the dark side?

Richard

I love night trunking :open_mouth: , must be something wrong with me… or just old age :laughing:

Tiger.

put up with the bull and it is a piece of cake :smiley: :smiley:

Neil

What is the dark side?

Rich

join the foreign legion

driving a truck in iraq :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

neil46:
driving a truck in iraq :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hey neil whats it pay and how long you out there for pm if you prefer :wink:

Night trunking…

The pinnacle of professional driving, I love it :open_mouth:

Grab the cab, find a trailer
Drive to rdc, do trailer swap
Have break
Drive back, drop trailer
Go home, job done

Sometimes I over excite myself by having my break before the trailer swap :imp:
And one day I will do a split break between dropping and hitching, just not ready for that yet :laughing:

Why reg:
one day I will do a split break between dropping and hitching, just not ready for that yet :laughing:

Dont do it mate i heard that Gardun tried it once he had to take a week off locked in a sensory depravation tank to recover from the over excitement. But personally i dont think he’s ever been right since…:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why reg:
Night trunking…

The pinnacle of professional driving, I love it :open_mouth:

Grab the cab, find a trailer
Drive to rdc, do trailer swap
Have break
Drive back, drop trailer
Go home, job done

Sometimes I over excite myself by having my break before the trailer swap :imp:
And one day I will do a split break between dropping and hitching, just not ready for that yet :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Im not going to dampen your enthusiasm but if you are fed up on night trunk after only driving an artic for 8 months.

I think you will soon get fed up doing 2000 miles overland to Greece or Turkey. Even the lads who do Spain or Italy every week get to know every pothole and marker post after a couple of months.

Music Tours are probably a good way of seeing Europe, see Kindle530 & Euromats Diaries but could you cope with living in a lorry for weeks or months on end?

If you’re a single bloke it’s a no brainer ! If you can wangle a spare AAA pass you’ll have a knob like a raw carrot :wink: :laughing: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :bulb: :arrow_right:

Goaty:

Wheel Nut:

If you’re a single bloke it’s a no brainer ! If you can wangle a spare AAA pass you’ll have a knob like a raw carrot :wink: :laughing: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :bulb: :arrow_right:

Then you will be back on the night trunk so that you can visit the clinic every day to have it lanced :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Goaty:

Wheel Nut:

Then you will be back on the night trunk so that you can visit the clinic every day to have it lanced :smiley:

PMSL :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

In 9 weeks this year, since 1st June, i have been toFrance Belgium Holland Germany Denmark Sweden Finland Norway Scotland England Italy Greece Albania Bulgaria Turkey Romania Croatia Austria Hungary Spain and Portugal, and that was on one tour. If youre single and dont mind being away for long stretches (2-4 months plus) its a great job :sunglasses:

Fastrantiger:
I love night trunking :open_mouth: , must be something wrong with me… or just old age :laughing:

Tiger.

Same here. We just moved to a new hub and I’ve had to learn a new route - and a new bay to back into after 4 years perfecting the old one :frowning: And bakerchris thinks it’s boring :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Night Trunking… SCOF!

That’s all I have to say on the matter lol.