I’ve found us the idea job Carryfast!

Star down under.:
He’s absolutely clueless

You’re the one who obviously thinks that you can haul the same gross weight with a B double/triple as you can with an A.
Using a single drive ‘prime mover’ as you lot wrongly call a tractor unit to do it.
You think that two return runs from Feltham to Bristol or a return run from Feltham to Killington Lake is around 600 Kms.
You think that the driver should hand ball the trailer loads at each end of the Bristol run.
Clueless indeed.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
He’s absolutely clueless

You’re the one who obviously thinks that you can haul the same gross weight with a B double/triple as you can with an A.
Using a single drive ‘prime mover’ as you lot wrongly call a tractor unit to do it.
You think that two return runs from Feltham to Bristol or a return run from Feltham to Killington Lake is around 600 Kms.
You think that the driver should hand ball the trailer loads at each end of the Bristol run.
Clueless indeed.

Absolutely priceless! The man whose attitude is clearly so appalling he hasn’t been able to get a lorry driving job in this country for over 20 years when the only requirement for a lot of them is a pulse, is now telling a driver who lives and works in Australia they are wrong and don’t know what they are talking about when it comes to driving jobs in Australia!

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
He’s absolutely clueless

Clueless indeed.

Absolutely priceless! The man whose attitude is clearly so appalling he hasn’t been able to get a lorry driving job in this country for over 20 years when the only requirement for a lot of them is a pulse, is now telling a driver who lives and works in Australia they are wrong and don’t know what they are talking about when it comes to driving jobs in Australia!

I’ve not looked for a truck driving job since I was discharged from the job on medical grounds.Which is logical to anyone with even the slightest common sense
Someone who lives and works in Australia advocating B trains over A trains and single drive/lazy axle prime movers to move 75t + and drivers hand balling road train loads.
That’ll work.
Bearing in mind that even at worse Australian logic has reached the conclusion that they need to turn a B train into an A train to make the thing pay.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
He’s absolutely clueless

Clueless indeed.

Yeah, whatever Carryfast. Your amazing lack of comprehension and inability to understand the most basic knowledge of anything transport, is starting to peeve me.
I do however, admire your your remarkable, imaginative talent for taking a single, misunderstood kernel of information and developing it into an elaborate work of fiction.
Perhaps it would be best if we each confined ourselves to our respective peers, you to fairies and fantasy and me to exchange of views and information, with competent and knowledgeable, professional drivers from various parts of the globe.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
He’s absolutely clueless

Clueless indeed.

Yeah, whatever Carryfast. Your amazing lack of comprehension and inability to understand the most basic knowledge of anything transport, is starting to peeve me.
I do however, admire your your remarkable, imaginative talent for taking a single, misunderstood kernel of information and developing it into an elaborate work of fiction.
Perhaps it would be best if we each confined ourselves to our respective peers, you to fairies and fantasy and me to exchange of views and information, with competent and knowledgeable, professional drivers from various parts of the globe.

Different parts of the globe.
Varying from the typical NZ 8x4 rigid pulling a 5 axle drawbar trailer.
To Euroland plodding all around Europe limited to the 4x2 unit 5 axle artic configuration, smashing the roads with resulting silly drive axle weights to go with the laughable payload.
To Scandinavia gradually realising that NZ has got it right but still adhering to the Euro style single drive idea requiring even more drive axle weight to move the higher Gross weights.
To the Brits wanting to use truck drivers for anything but driving a truck as warehouse labourers.Breaking their backs in the process while moaning about a ‘driver shortage’.
To Australia calling a tractor unit a prime mover and saying that B trains are supposedly best.While then turning the things into A trains to actually make them pay and work.
Last but not least Australians then saying that the Brit road transport model, of Euro type artics with 6x2 units, parked up going nowhere to save fuel and depreciation and putting the drivers to work as labourers is best.
That seems to cover it.
Competent indeed.

sud3vvhzhlv41.jpg

You’ve got your A trains and B trains, this is a C train. The C stands for Centipede.

remy:

You’ve got your A trains and B trains, this is a C train. The C stands for Centipede.

Looks like a tri drive unit pulling a 6 axle B lead with a tri axle dropped on it ?.
If so would make more sense to me as a tri drive 8 x 6 rigid pulling a triaxle trailer on a triaxle dolly.
Or tri drive unit, triaxle A train doubles outfit with a tri axle dolly.
Or maybe quad axle A doubles with tandem dolly.
What is certain is that the Ozzies decided that the B train just ain’t going to cut it so they rightly decided to turn the thing into an A one way or another.
No doubt the Swedes would make that as an 8x2 unit or rigid with two lifting tag axles.

Carryfast:
I’ve not looked for a truck driving job since I was discharged from the job on medical grounds

I would beg to differ, judging by the amount of jobs you post links too in an effort to try and convince yourself we are doubling up as “warehouse labourers” because you failed and couldn’t hack being a driver would lead me to believe you have desperately been trying to get one.

The reality is employers saw right through you and ran a mile, I mean c’mon, you couldn’t even get a job doing Euro work at it’s peak when I’m sure my Grandma could have rocked up at ABC haulage and been overseas the next day (even though she didn’t drive, let alone have an HGV licence)

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
I’ve not looked for a truck driving job since I was discharged from the job on medical grounds

I would beg to differ, judging by the amount of jobs you post links too in an effort to try and convince yourself we are doubling up as “warehouse labourers” because you failed and couldn’t hack being a driver would lead me to believe you have desperately been trying to get one.

I’m which case maybe you can explain why I didn’t bother to renew my licence when my medical became due.Its a bit difficult to get a job as a truck driver without a licence.
Also why did the firm wait almost 15 years to sack me after numerous previous commendations for my good service as a ‘driver’.
As for what it takes to be a ‘driver’ don’t judge everyone by your own definitions and standards as a local delivery labourer/driver.
Yep I post links to jobs involving exactly that because that’s what the Brit, anything but road transport industry, is degenerating into.
Glad I’m out of it.

Carryfast:

remy:

Looks like a tri drive unit pulling a 6 axle B lead with a tri axle dropped on it ?.
If so would make more sense to me as a tri drive 8 x 6 rigid pulling a triaxle trailer on a triaxle dolly.
What is certain is that the Ozzies decided that the B train just ain’t going to cut it so they rightly decided to turn the thing into an A one way or another.
No doubt the Swedes would make that as an 8x2 unit or rigid with two lifting tag axles.

You’re on the wrong forum, look for delusionalnuttersnetuk.com .

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

remy:

Which part of what I said is delusional.
Bearing in mind the Swedish reference was just sarcasm.

Carryfast:
I’m which case maybe you can explain why I didn’t bother to renew my licence when my medical became due.Its a bit difficult to get a job as a truck driver without a licence.
Also why did the firm wait almost 15 years to sack me after numerous previous commendations for my good service as a ‘driver’.
As for what it takes to be a ‘driver’ don’t judge everyone by your own definitions and standards as a local delivery labourer/driver.
Yep I post links to jobs involving exactly that because that’s what the Brit, anything but road transport industry, is degenerating into.
Glad I’m out of it.

All of this waffle above is in your head! As was mentioned by Moaster somewhere else, you are high on theory, zero on practical experience. No wonder no one will even contemplate employing you for even the most basic of jobs.

Carryfast:
[

Different parts of the globe.
Varying from the typical NZ 8x4 rigid pulling a 5 axle drawbar trailer.
To Euroland plodding all around Europe limited to the 4x2 unit 5 axle artic configuration, smashing the roads with resulting silly drive axle weights to go with the laughable payload.
To Scandinavia gradually realising that NZ has got it right but still adhering to the Euro style single drive idea requiring even more drive axle weight to move the higher Gross weights.
To the Brits wanting to use truck drivers for anything but driving a truck as warehouse labourers.Breaking their backs in the process while moaning about a ‘driver shortage’.
To Australia calling a tractor unit a prime mover and saying that B trains are supposedly best.While then turning the things into A trains to actually make them pay and work.
Last but not least Australians then saying that the Brit road transport model, of Euro type artics with 6x2 units, parked up going nowhere to save fuel and depreciation and putting the drivers to work as labourers is best.
That seems to cover it.
Competent indeed.

I’ve no idea why as it’s been obvious for years but your mind blowing arrogance and ego still surprise me now and again.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

remy:

Which part of what I said is delusional.
Bearing in mind the Swedish reference was just sarcasm.

I’m not going to keep wasting my time explaining to a fantasist who cannot comprehend plain English, be that due to stubbornness or cognitive deficiency.
I will point out, for the benefit of those who can read and comprehend the written word, nine axle B-doubles are by far the most ubiquitous combination on Australian freight routes because they are the most economical and efficient. Why you dreamt up that B-doubles will be made redundant by A-doubles, heaven only knows.
Do you know the difference between an A-double and a double road train?

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

the maoster:
He doesn’t hate trucking, in fact in his defence it is one of his many passions. The problem is that he is high on theory and low on practical experience. He will trawl through reams of information on any given subject, digest it and then decide that he is a foremost authority on the subject despite never once having done it in real life.

We have a man who has not sat in a lorry this century telling those who do the job day in and day out that we are picking up and dropping off trailers incorrectly by using air suspension despite never having driven a unit with air suspension.

He’ll then berate Aussie outback truckers for wrong axle configurations and incorrect use of the trailers they pull despite the closest he’s ever been to Oz is watching reruns of Neighbours!

A bit harsh Moaster, but oh so accurate. :laughing:

Sometime ago I asked our Ozzie expert to provide the respective max permissable gross weights of A v B double and triple and any reasons for any differences therein.
No answer so far.

A v B double? What are you blubbering on about now … it’s dependent on state … nsw have different rules and refs to other states and territories in Australia … you won’t find a trip,e on the M5 or M7 here in nsw … where as you will find a triple in NT etc … as for weight you get a fully loaded A and B being pulled … also Super B if you know what they are … also depends on if the company is PBS approved … …. Not as simple as saying how much does it weigh … also, there are 40, 45, 48 and 52 foot trailer’s here… stop waffling on …

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
Sometime ago I asked our Ozzie expert to provide the respective max permissable gross weights of A v B double and triple and any reasons for any differences therein.
No answer so far.

The answer is so basic, I thought the question was rhetorical.
Here’s a clue, compare the configurations. I’ll not compound your ignorance further, by asking you to define under which scheme the vehicle is operating, at any given point in time.

You’re arguing that GCW is as good as GTW and axle weights don’t matter.So give us those figures absolute max permissable GTW and GCW A v B double and triple.

Will help you out, on a drive axle 6000kg, drive wheel 15000 , on rear triple axle 20000 …. That’s on a semi, even then depends of figuration’s……

then you have A/B, then you have B/B then you have super B on a quad axle … then you have PBS approved, not all,about. Weight… a Volvo can pull a trailer that a freight liner nose can’t all because of length … research the legal requirements of each state.

Star down under.:
Strewth, you’ve really lost the plot this time, Carryfast.
Is this the information you’re after?
Tri-axle converter dollies are becoming more common and are widely used in road train configurations but are not suitable for A-double operation as they are classed as a long vehicle, whereas type 1 road trains do gain a benefit.
Quad axle trailers are also becoming more common but are currently only operated under a PBS authority.

Out dated mate, now have B trailer with 4 axles … will try and get a picture of one … ignore him …

Cheers Discoman, I think quads (other than floats) in Queensland only operate under PBS. Floats revert to tri axle group limits unless the load is indivisible. I do stand to be corrected if the legislation has recently changed.
Let’s not muddy the waters with General Access, CML or HML. :laughing:

For carry fast, rated at 130 tonne…

As you can see a Super B , and a Double B is bigger and better than a Double A.

However nsw, are doing double A / B now and

And also super doubles …
Which run on PBS … same for pans , as trailers over here are 20ft, 40, 45, 52, and now 58ft are getting pbs approved too.

The image to show that trucks pull at full weight… so yeah, them two 40ft fully loaded to

Could the Mods keep CF off of any thread related to technical and operating issues?

It makes learning about new & different systems really difficult when that Igrt 4king C**t CF continuously spoils a thread with word diarrhea.