I’ve found us the idea job Carryfast!

So this Carry Fast guy is now the anti-trucker?

Why is he even on this forum if all he does is just ■■■■■ about how he hates trucking?

Switch Logic has some decent videos explaining things, yet now he too is the anti-trucker and bitter about it?

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

the maoster:

Carryfast:
I don’t need a ‘carrot’ driving a van.I’m already doing all the distance work they can give me driving £125k cars around the country if not sitting on a train and being paid for it.
With the win win of plenty of time off between jobs

Pics or it never happened! I think the reality will be that you discovered a corner of Google that you had never visited, read it and decided that because Google said then that was the truth and the only way car deliveries happen.

I think we all know this never happened. After all, Carryfast is a man who couldn’t even find or land a job doing the most basic distance trunking job in a truck when they are ten a plenty out there and require nothing special or specific of the driver. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’d call two return runs from Feltham-Bristol or Kilworth or return run up to Killington Lake more distance than you’ll ever see in a shift at 56 kmh max.
Let alone handle if they did abolish limiters.
Stay with the local shop deliveries where you belong.

Feltham - Killington Lake

The freedom of the open road - do I go M42 and M5 or M42 and M6 round Birmingham tonight. What an adventure!

TheFlyingTanker:
So this Carry Fast guy is now the anti-trucker?

Why is he even on this forum if all he does is just ■■■■■ about how he hates trucking?

Switch Logic has some decent videos explaining things, yet now he too is the anti-trucker and bitter about it?

He doesn’t hate trucking, in fact in his defence it is one of his many passions. The problem is that he is high on theory and low on practical experience. He will trawl through reams of information on any given subject, digest it and then decide that he is a foremost authority on the subject despite never once having done it in real life.

We have a man who has not sat in a lorry this century telling those who do the job day in and day out that we are picking up and dropping off trailers incorrectly by using air suspension despite never having driven a unit with air suspension.

He’ll then berate Aussie outback truckers for wrong axle configurations and incorrect use of the trailers they pull despite the closest he’s ever been to Oz is watching reruns of Neighbours!

Having said all that I do actually admire the man in the way that I admire any person who is so single minded and driven and possesses supreme confidence that his way is the only way.

All in all this forum would be far more dull place without his comedic and sometimes exasperating input.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
I think we all know this never happened. After all, Carryfast is a man who couldn’t even find or land a job doing the most basic distance trunking job in a truck when they are ten a plenty out there and require nothing special or specific of the driver. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’d call two return runs from Feltham-Bristol or Kilworth or return run up to Killington Lake more distance than you’ll ever see in a shift at 56 kmh max.
Let alone handle if they did abolish limiters.
Stay with the local shop deliveries where you belong.

And why would I be bothered in the slightest that I don’t get to drive from London to the Lake District and back in a shift - I couldn’t think of anything more boring. Of course we all know you don’t do this and simply opened an A-Z and pinpointed 2 locations to try and convince us otherwise.

If you don’t mind I’ll stick to my unionised job driving a lorry for a high street retailer where I do nothing of the sort of things you think we all do. Oh and part of my job some days will involve a 2-4 hour trunk and trailer swap to another depot we have scattered round the country, so if I need to get my fix of “distance” work then I do, as well as 3 hour runs to the docks at Felixstowe and London Gateway doing the containers.

Still, you crack with your trade plating work, being run ragged with 12-15 hour days, being dumped in the middle of nowhere and having to find your own way home - all for the brilliant sum of £9 an hour!

the maoster:
He doesn’t hate trucking, in fact in his defence it is one of his many passions. The problem is that he is high on theory and low on practical experience. He will trawl through reams of information on any given subject, digest it and then decide that he is a foremost authority on the subject despite never once having done it in real life.

We have a man who has not sat in a lorry this century telling those who do the job day in and day out that we are picking up and dropping off trailers incorrectly by using air suspension despite never having driven a unit with air suspension.

He’ll then berate Aussie outback truckers for wrong axle configurations and incorrect use of the trailers they pull despite the closest he’s ever been to Oz is watching reruns of Neighbours!

A bit harsh Moaster, but oh so accurate. :laughing:

Star down under.:
Oh you legend of a milemaker, that’s only 610 kilometres!
Try Sydney-Brisbane and return x three times a week or Cairns-Brisbane return in five days, but then again you couldn’t because you’d have to load and unload at each end.

Feltham to Killington Lake is over 250 miles each way.
Feltham to Bristol depot was around 120 miles each way.Kilworth similar.
Your maths is as bad as your idea of how to run a trunking operation
The truck is obviously going nowhere if the ‘driver’ is being used as a warehouse labourer.

Star down under.:

the maoster:

A bit harsh Moaster, but oh so accurate. :laughing:

Sometime ago I asked our Ozzie expert to provide the respective max permissable gross weights of A v B double and triple and any reasons for any differences therein.
No answer so far.

Hi Luke, maybe use audio from a mic or bluetooth headset or something? I dunno maybe experiment with something. Road noise was quite loud.
As someone who has done van driving multi drop work.
I find it soul destroying work. Constantly rushing around, often given too many drops.
Could not pay me enough to do that type of work.

But yea, I am being a downer. Having any new job you usually do not start feeling the grind until your a few months in.

Also maybe I missed something. But I swear I have seen more recent videos with you in a truck. Did not realise you still do not have your HGV Licence back yet. What’s going on with the DVLA lol?

One last tip.
I think you’d make a good driving instructor. You seem to have much more patience compared to the average trucker. (may be wrong).
Also there is not a massive amount of instructor videos of drivers teaching students on youtube, so maybe there is a market for it? With HGV training.
e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3ZsoKnPHI for car drivers are quite popular.

Carryfast:
Sometime ago I asked our Ozzie expert to provide the respective max permissable gross weights of A v B double and triple and any reasons for any differences therein.
No answer so far.

The answer is so basic, I thought the question was rhetorical.
Here’s a clue, compare the configurations. I’ll not compound your ignorance further, by asking you to define under which scheme the vehicle is operating, at any given point in time.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
No answer so far.

The answer is so basic, I thought the question was rhetorical.
Here’s a clue, compare the configurations. I’ll not compound your ignorance further, by asking you to define under which scheme the vehicle is operating, at any given point in time.

You’re arguing that GCW is as good as GTW and axle weights don’t matter.So give us those figures absolute max permissable GTW and GCW A v B double and triple.

WTF has GTW got to do with the price of eggs?
Do you have any idea what you’re rabbiting on about?
No wonder you can’t find the information on Google, you don’t know what to ask for.

I’m just doing some elitist work. Can’t say who I drive for incase my boss gets unwanted CV’s.

PXL_20220624_162745974.jpg

Star down under.:
WTF has GTW got to do with the price of eggs?
Do you have any idea what you’re rabbiting on about?
No wonder you can’t find the information on Google, you don’t know what to ask for.

You know A train better than B train because it doesn’t impose any load between trailers, has more axles and can therefore provide more gross weight capacity with less axle weight.
Also more load deck length as a bonus.
You’re the Ozzie truck expert with all the local knowledge so why can’t you provide the figures bearing in mind its you who’s saying that axles and axle weights don’t matter.
A bit like your idea of a double Bristol trunk with the driver having to handball each trailer load at each end in a shift.Thatll work if you’ve got 48 hours in a day and the customers don’t care when their freight gets to where it’s going and you’ve got enough driver/labourers to replace them when their backs break.

Strewth, you’ve really lost the plot this time, Carryfast.
Is this the information you’re after?
Tri-axle converter dollies are becoming more common and are widely used in road train configurations but are not suitable for A-double operation as they are classed as a long vehicle, whereas type 1 road trains do gain a benefit.
Quad axle trailers are also becoming more common but are currently only operated under a PBS authority.

The BAB configuration was cut off the previous photo.

Star down under.:
Strewth, you’ve really lost the plot this time, Carryfast.
Is this the information you’re after?
Tri-axle converter dollies are becoming more common and are widely used in road train configurations but are not suitable for A-double operation as they are classed as a long vehicle, whereas type 1 road trains do gain a benefit.
Quad axle trailers are also becoming more common but are currently only operated under a PBS authority.

It’s the information I knew.
The A double and A triple beats any combination of B double or B triple respectively that you can throw at it.
Which is probably why NZ has chosen the 4 axle rigid pulling a 4 or 5 axle drawbar trailer as the most cost effective compromise with Scandinavia about to follow.

Over twelve hours and you still haven’t worked it out, Carryfast?

Star down under.:

Worked what out.Its obvious that if you drop the nose weight of a semi trailer onto the axles of another one leading it you’re not going to get the axle weight capacity or load deck space of dropping that weight onto a two axle dolly instead.
Thereby leaving the three axles and load deck space of the lead trailer to do their job.
That’s the advantage of train weight v combination weight.
Similar applies in the case of pulling a 5 axle trailer with an 8 wheeler rigid which will provide around 70t GTW capacity with no need for an expensive unproductive tractor unit and the thing can be reversed easily.
Bonus points with double drive in all cases because that allows more traction to pull it all without needing to apply more than 8t of axle weight on the roads and without tearing diffs and half shafts apart…
So what’s your issue and problem with what I’ve said.An outfit based on train weight wins as opposed to combination weight and more axles = better.

Star down under.:

Don’t worry about it. Clearly he will know more about aussie trucking than an aussie trucker despite having never driven a truck outside this country at a time when you could get a gig to do such easily.

But its not his fault :unamused:

I bet he licks his own palms clean after ■■■■■■■■■■■■

toonsy:

Star down under.:

Don’t worry about it. Clearly he will know more about aussie trucking than an aussie trucker despite having never driven a truck outside this country at a time when you could get a gig to do such easily.

But its not his fault :unamused:

I bet he licks his own palms clean after ■■■■■■■■■■■■

He’s absolutely clueless, but seems happy enough living in an alternate universe, inside his head, where his vivid imagination allows him to be the expert that he can never be in the real world.
Thank goodness he’s never had the energy to reproduce.