I think the Gardners finally got me

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

windrush:
Don’t worry about me ROF, since retirement I only have two weetabix for brekkie anyway so it doesn’t take too much preperation. :wink: When working I never had time for any breakfast so it was even quicker to prepare that! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
Don’t worry about me ROF, since retirement I only have two weetabix for brekkie anyway so it doesn’t take too much preperation. :wink: When working I never had time for any breakfast so it was even quicker to prepare that! :laughing:

Pete.

Hiya,
I could do a hundred miles after a pot of tea, three digestive biscuits,ten
Woodbines and then it was a bumper brekkie which did me until I hit the
digs or got back home but maybe I’d have a bar of chocolate and bottle of
Lucozade if hunger pangs cut in after a hard bout of handball and another
pack of ciggies to keep a full head of steam, in those days I had the build
of a gypsies greyhound.
thanks harry, long retired.

Retired Old ■■■■:
So, if the “restaurant” is cr*p at Christies, do they have a bar that serves decent grub?
Windrush suggested making my own breakfast, thus saving me time and a load of aggro, not only in the vast amount of organising that goes on but in trying to extract actual money from some Yorkshiremen who will probably dodge their round anyway. I feel it is incumbent upon me to advise Windrush that his idea, noble tough it may appear, is not in the spirit of the MBC which exists primarily to extract the breakfasts from those two members who seem to seize on any flimsy excuse not to cough up.
Anyway, there’s no tripe on any menu around here so the Yorkshire contingent probably wouldn’t fancy it anyway.

It’s a skill , past down from father to son in their formative years. :smiley:

H, so good to see that you’ve spent a lifetime eating healthily! Mind you, I was more or less the same, except that my regular sustenance was Capstan Full Strength, not Woodbines. Until I got married and couldn’t afford them, then I started on 40 years of Old Holborn roll-ups!
Passed down, GOM? I thought it was in the genes.

Retired Old ■■■■:
H, so good to see that you’ve spent a lifetime eating healthily! Mind you, I was more or less the same, except that my regular sustenance was Capstan Full Strength, not Woodbines. Until I got married and couldn’t afford them, then I started on 40 years of Old Holborn roll-ups!
Passed down, GOM? I thought it was in the genes.

Hiya
ROF, when the kids were no longer dependant on me and I had a few bob
extra in the “sky rocket” I too developed a taste for Capstan Full Strength
they were good to the point that they rarely got scrounged from you, and
“how do you smoke them bloody things” was usually the reply you got if
proffering your ciggie pack to another person when fronted with " have
you gorra tab “H”, it was the ciggie’s that nearly got me though and often
wished I’d never developed the habit of smoking.
thanks harry, long retired.

My thoughts exactly, H.

We didn’t realise just how much damage we were inflicting on our bodies in those days. I’m so thankful that I’ve survived in fairly good health considering all the risks I’ve taken through the years.
But I’m not known for being too serious so that’s quite enough of that! :wink:

grumpy old man:

Retired Old ■■■■:
So, if the “restaurant” is cr*p at Christies, do they have a bar that serves decent grub?
Windrush suggested making my own breakfast, thus saving me time and a load of aggro, not only in the vast amount of organising that goes on but in trying to extract actual money from some Yorkshiremen who will probably dodge their round anyway. I feel it is incumbent upon me to advise Windrush that his idea, noble tough it may appear, is not in the spirit of the MBC which exists primarily to extract the breakfasts from those two members who seem to seize on any flimsy excuse not to cough up.
Anyway, there’s no tripe on any menu around here so the Yorkshire contingent probably wouldn’t fancy it anyway.

It’s a skill , past down from father to son in their formative years. :smiley:

Another skill handed down is probably knowing how to fix things… I get the impression we are living more in a “when broken through it away and buy a new one” society. Mind you, things are so complicated these days… anything a hammer doesn’t fix is unfixable :smiley: :smiley:

Or, “When broken, coast on to the hard shoulder and phone for the nice man to come out with his laptop”!

Young Dan P was spotted last night attempting to creep through Macclesfield without stumping up for the breakfast binge.
To be fair, it was a bit late for breakfast but I wouldn’t have objected to him paying for a nice juicy steak with all the trimmings!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Young Dan P was spotted last night attempting to creep through Macclesfield without stumping up for the breakfast binge.
To be fair, it was a bit late for breakfast but I wouldn’t have objected to him paying for a ice juicy steak with all the trimmings!

Hi ROF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Sureley this not the Dan You & I really know, You must be reffering to Desperate Dan out of the comic :wink: :wink: :wink: Hope you are keeping well& still enjoying a few barley squeezings as I am doing this very minute, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,Regards larry.

I pass through Macc several times a year but have yet to see a butty van with the wording Rancid Overcooked Fodder sited anywhere in the vicinity. :confused:

Pete.

Hells teeth, it’s going downhill is this, first there was talk of a breakfast social event…now we’re reduced to a butty van.
Well I’m not coming if it’s going to be a bunch of vagrant look a likes standing around a Sam and Ella van, I expected the full mashing breakfast, COMPLETE WITH KNIFE AND FORK (and none of the plastic cutlery). Oop ere in Yorkshire we like to maintain our sophisticated lifestyle :unamused:

I’m going to gazump the lot of you , Tuesday morning I have to be at Christie for half eight , so bright and early coming home . We found a carvery pub on the way home that does all you can eat breakfast for £4 95 . Just getting some practice in you understand . Oh, and mrs R can’t come so no whinging about the fat content . I shall miss you all !

:open_mouth:
Ah well, we have been royally stuffed here lads, he’s found and early breakfast spot, and we’ve been dumped. Perhaps as well, we’d never get passed security at Christies and a bunch of fat bar steward lorry drive stinking of diesel the aforementioned…ahem…‘carvery’ :unamused: would definitely soon realise their mistake with the ‘all you can eat’ bit. :wink:
I once called at a truck stop in Nevada for breakfast, again it was ‘all you can eat’, watching those American lads load up with food was an education.

Seriously…hope the hospital visit goes well mate. Onward and upward.

So, not a word from young Punchard, then? Could it be possible that his conscience is bothering him after trying to slip through without paying his dues?
And then we have my MATE(■■?) Rigsby nipping off for an “All-you-can-eat” brekkie without inviting any of us!
Well, chaps, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the only two members shirking their responsibilities are the very two who are in default of their commitments. I hesitate to draw any particular conclusions but surely it must be mere coincidence that they both reside in Derbyshire? Maybe I owe an apology for all those years of berating Yorkshiremen, the Scots and the Welsh for their legendary “carefulness” in the matter of personal finance.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Retired Old ■■■■:
To be fair, it was a bit late for breakfast but I wouldn’t have objected to him paying for a ice juicy steak with all the trimmings!

Hi ROF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Sureley this not the Dan You & I really know, You must be reffering to Desperate Dan out of the comic :wink: :wink: :wink: Hope you are keeping well& still enjoying a few barley squeezings as I am doing this very minute, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,Regards larry.

Hi, Larry. I’m struggling manfully with the second half of my bottle of Ardmore at the moment. I think I’ll have the bu**er licked by tomorrow night!

Retired Old ■■■■:
So, not a word from young Punchard, then? Could it be possible that his conscience is bothering him after trying to slip through without paying his dues?
And then we have my MATE(■■?) Rigsby nipping off for an “All-you-can-eat” brekkie without inviting any of us!
Well, chaps, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the only two members shirking their responsibilities are the very two who are in default of their commitments. I hesitate to draw any particular conclusions but surely it must be mere coincidence that they both reside in Derbyshire? Maybe I owe an apology for all those years of berating Yorkshiremen, the Scots and the Welsh for their legendary “carefulness” in the matter of personal finance.

And so you should, some of the stuff you’ve said has been very hurtful…we can’t help being ‘thrifty’
But seeing as you are considering making a grovelling apology here’s one (generous) Yorkshireman prepared to forgive you.

:smiley: :smiley: :wink:

You’re a literary genius Brian , that’s the first time I’ve seen Generous and Yorkshireman in the same sentence .

A fella in Batley once got arrested for breaking in., he broke in to a £20 note, but the case was dismissed…it was his first offence. :wink:

Brilliant! ^^