I think the Gardners finally got me

You’ll have to wait until the treatment is finished and I’m back on my feet . If all goes well I shall be pleased to stump up for a brekkie or two , end of July I reckon so you’ll have to pull your belts in a bit . I’ve got some cash stashed that "er indoors doesn’t know about .

rigsby:
You’ll have to wait until the treatment is finished and I’m back on my feet . If all goes well I shall be pleased to stump up for a brekkie or two , end of July I reckon so you’ll have to pull your belts in a bit . I’ve got some cash stashed that "er indoors doesn’t know about .

Sounds promising. I’ll pencil it in then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

windrush:

jsutherland:
When and where is this not to be missed breakfast gathering?

Not sure really, my invite STILL hasn’t arrived as yet? :confused: Purely a Post Office slip up, it will drop on the mat any day now I reckon.

Pete.

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

“Pull my belt in”■■ :open_mouth: By the end of July there will be more holes than belt if I have to wait until then to get fed, ‘young Daniel’ will surely take pity on us before then though and send a food parcel down from his mountain hideway? I wonder where we will finally go to eat, nothing less than a grade five rating will be acceptable though as we aren’t ones for roughing it.

Pete.

windrush:
“Pull my belt in”■■ :open_mouth: By the end of July there will be more holes than belt if I have to wait until then to get fed, ‘young Daniel’ will surely take pity on us before then though and send a food parcel down from his mountain hideway? I wonder where we will finally go to eat, nothing less than a grade five rating will be acceptable though as we aren’t ones for roughing it.

Pete.

Good breakfast at the mires .

rigsby:

We’re joking Dave, the ONLY thing that matters is getting yourself back up to fighting fitness. :smiley:

jsutherland:

rigsby:

grumpy old man:
This 'ere Macclesfield Breakfast Club…can anybody come or is it limited to slightly unhinged old lorry drivers AND, if outsiders can come and have to travel a fair distance…can we claim travel expenses from the host at the event. And I’m not travelling for a slice of toast and a small tea, (I’m a growing lad)
I hope I’m not being presumptuous but I assume the host will cover ALL costs for the assembled old lorry drivers.

By heck Brian , seeing as I’ve been elected to host the next meeting of the MBC I can only fall back on the poor pensioner plea . I’ll have to save my meagre spending money what "er indoors allows me , which is why I’ve been dodging ROF until the wallet fills up a little bit . I like the slightly unhinged bit , it perfectly describes the present membership . I am considering appealing for a whip-round to cover the cost of the petrol to and from Christie 20 times , but being a Yorkshireman you are excused . Dave

It’s bad enough with members suddenly deciding to claim travelling expenses (I blame young Punchard for that one) and now we’ve got one of those tight-wads from Yorkshire getting in on the act. If you think I’m forking out fuel money for volk from der vaterland to attend these gatherings, you can think again. And it’s strictly British sausages- none of yer foreign bratwurst at our gatherings! Harry Gill’s application is only being considered because he is a former BRS man and therefore well experienced in claiming expenses.
Now then, Rigsby, maybe you have forgotten that your MBC subscriptions have covered you for travelling expenses to our "do"s? However, we will be keeping a close eye on your claims less you try to slip in the odd visit to your favourite Manchester physician.
As for you, Windrush, please be assured that Head Office has a plentiful supply of small size belts, available to members at a very generous discount. They are all “one owner” jobbies, being worn many years ago by myself.

P.S. Riggers, have you checked out the availability of the canteen at Christies? It would be a shame to waste all that fuel without getting a full breakfast. Please check if they can accommodate a fairly large gathering of transport professionals and have a glance at the breakfast menu- we don’t want anyone offering us something from the Healthy Eating menu, do we?

Christies canteen ■■ restaurant if you don’t mind , and a crap one at that , full healthy eating menu , no chips and lots of that crappy pasta . Macclesfield Treetops resteraunt is ace , proper grub , chips if you want them and not too dear ( although that wouldn’t bother you as it’s my shout )You would have to park outside though , the parking costs more than the Berlingo is worth . I could pick you up for a small consideration and use my ■■■■■■■ badge .

Sorry to hear you’re having to travel all that way without getting proper “driver’s” sustenance, mate. If it will help, I’ve got a high-powered microwave and a fridge-full of pork sausages. we could do the both jobs at once, not only saving you on fuel, but time as well.

rigsby:
Christies canteen ■■ restaurant if you don’t mind , and a crap one at that , full healthy eating menu , no chips and lots of that crappy pasta . Macclesfield Treetops resteraunt is ace , proper grub , chips if you want them and not too dear ( although that wouldn’t bother you as it’s my shout )You would have to park outside though , the parking costs more than the Berlingo is worth . I could pick you up for a small consideration and use my ■■■■■■■ badge .

Hiya,
They’ve just extracted my blue badge after me getting the all clear from the
“C” thingy I was too truthful telling them I could walk a hundred yards with a
short halt only required once outgoing and the same incoming, they told me
I could appeal, I replied with “shove it where the sun don’t shine” or words to
that effect,but I do think they got the message they didn’t inform me of the
appeals procedure. which I was told was available to me.
thanks harry,long retired

Retired Old ■■■■:

jsutherland:

rigsby:

grumpy old man:
This 'ere Macclesfield Breakfast Club…can anybody come or is it limited to slightly unhinged old lorry drivers AND, if outsiders can come and have to travel a fair distance…can we claim travel expenses from the host at the event. And I’m not travelling for a slice of toast and a small tea, (I’m a growing lad)
I hope I’m not being presumptuous but I assume the host will cover ALL costs for the assembled old lorry drivers.

By heck Brian , seeing as I’ve been elected to host the next meeting of the MBC I can only fall back on the poor pensioner plea . I’ll have to save my meagre spending money what "er indoors allows me , which is why I’ve been dodging ROF until the wallet fills up a little bit . I like the slightly unhinged bit , it perfectly describes the present membership . I am considering appealing for a whip-round to cover the cost of the petrol to and from Christie 20 times , but being a Yorkshireman you are excused . Dave

It’s bad enough with members suddenly deciding to claim travelling expenses (I blame young Punchard for that one) and now we’ve got one of those tight-wads from Yorkshire getting in on the act. If you think I’m forking out fuel money for volk from der vaterland to attend these gatherings, you can think again. And it’s strictly British sausages- none of yer foreign bratwurst at our gatherings! Harry Gill’s application is only being considered because he is a former BRS man and therefore well experienced in claiming expenses.
Now then, Rigsby, maybe you have forgotten that your MBC subscriptions have covered you for travelling expenses to our "do"s? However, we will be keeping a close eye on your claims less you try to slip in the odd visit to your favourite Manchester physician.
As for you, Windrush, please be assured that Head Office has a plentiful supply of small size belts, available to members at a very generous discount. They are all “one owner” jobbies, being worn many years ago by myself.

P.S. Riggers, have you checked out the availability of the canteen at Christies? It would be a shame to waste all that fuel without getting a full breakfast. Please check if they can accommodate a fairly large gathering of transport professionals and have a glance at the breakfast menu- we don’t want anyone offering us something from the Healthy Eating menu, do we?

Fantastic post ROF.
However, if it wasn’t for your contributions on here, I might have been appealing to the European Rights organisation about being treated differently to other EU members!!

Not lost any of your diplomatic skills, then, H. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Not lost any of your diplomatic skills, then, H. :wink:

Hiya,
ROF it was a blue badge I had on the car not a CD plate.
Even the police had zero jurisdiction over those guys.
thanks harry, long retired.

Retired Old ■■■■:

:unamused: have a care sir with wild remarks like that, us Yorkshiremen are not…as you so eloquently put it,…‘tight wads’…we are just a bit thrifty when it comes to finance. And I thought the presence of maybe a couple of sophisticated Yorkshiremen would raise the whole tone of the gathering. :smiley:

Can you imagine a flock of hairy a rsed old lorry drivers descending on the canteen at Christies :smiley: yon fellas from Tyneside with their hip flasks (and bottles) of single malt, a forlorn looking Yorkshiremen standing around waiting for somebody else to pay…and somebody trying to flog used belts :laughing:
They’d send for security and have us removed. :stuck_out_tongue:

But not before they hip flasks had been drank, :frowning: :confused: :confused: ,Regards Larry.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And Harry Gill shouting…“alcohol is the answer…what was the question” :stuck_out_tongue:

grumpy old man:

And Harry Gill shouting…“alcohol is the answer…what was the question” :stuck_out_tongue:

Just do it & if you like it keep doing it, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , & Im very happy to be able to keep doing it, Regards Larry.

So, if the “restaurant” is cr*p at Christies, do they have a bar that serves decent grub?
Windrush suggested making my own breakfast, thus saving me time and a load of aggro, not only in the vast amount of organising that goes on but in trying to extract actual money from some Yorkshiremen who will probably dodge their round anyway. I feel it is incumbent upon me to advise Windrush that his idea, noble tough it may appear, is not in the spirit of the MBC which exists primarily to extract the breakfasts from those two members who seem to seize on any flimsy excuse not to cough up.
Anyway, there’s no tripe on any menu around here so the Yorkshire contingent probably wouldn’t fancy it anyway.

Don’t worry about me ROF, since retirement I only have two weetabix for brekkie anyway so it doesn’t take too much preperation. :wink: When working I never had time for any breakfast so it was even quicker to prepare that! :laughing:

Pete.