I think the Gardners finally got me

rigsby:
You’re a literary genius Brian , that’s the first time I’ve seen Generous and Yorkshireman in the same sentence .

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I saw this video and thought about you Dave. At 4 min 40 seconds the engine gets fired up.

jsutherland:
I saw this video and thought about you Dave. At 4 min 40 seconds the engine gets fired up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOa7FguoNR8

I loved it at 10 seconds , Gardner and sledgehammer , only missing a crowbar for a full service kit . Dave

rigsby:

jsutherland:

I loved it at 10 seconds , Gardner and sledgehammer , only missing a crowbar for a full service kit . Dave

You forgot the box of matches Dave, most important part of a Gardner toolkit :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :imp: :imp: regards Kev.

kevmac47:

rigsby:

jsutherland:

You forgot the box of matches Dave, most important part of a Gardner toolkit :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :imp: :imp: regards Kev.

Hiya,
worth it’s weight in scrap ally well nearly : :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
thanks harry, long retired.

Ah , the old 6LW , with a lump of strong wire round the throttle bar and the governor bar mine could reach the dizzying heights of 42 mph . Stopping it was a different proposition though . Dave

Love it…an old lad with a 6LW on the floor ticking over. :smiley:

You old guy’s shouldn’t be dissing a Gardner engine. :unamused: Just think of all the ‘dodgy night out’ money you would have missed out on if you had been given something faster to drive and returned (legally) daily to the loving arms of somebodies wife! :wink:

Pete.

There’s an ‘old guy’ here not knocking Gardners, in their day they were good units, the 150 I had in a new Atky in the early 60’s did everything I wanted.
And when you’re hourly paid…who wants a fast motor? :wink: …“Not me guv.” :smiley:

grumpy old man:
There’s an ‘old guy’ here not knocking Gardners, in their day they were good units, the 150 I had in a new Atky in the early 60’s did everything I wanted.
And when you’re hourly paid…who wants a fast motor? :wink: …“Not me guv.” :smiley:

Exactly, we did just as much work with Rolls 265Li power as we did with Gardner 180/201 engines. Maybe slightly faster and easier but the work output was very much the same, there is only a certain amount that you can get through in a day. The fuel consumption figures would be different though! :laughing:

Pete.

The old Gardner Engines IMOO Were the best in there day, The Fodens a had with 150s in were tops on fuel, Not the fastet but I allways got the job done, Trouble free, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Top picture Mr Dunbar

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

How is the Gardner going Dave? Did you ever manage to get that breakfast you were promised, or was it the other way round?
Cheers
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Last session of radiotherapy done today , 6 weeks wait for results from the consultant . In the meantime coax ROF out of hiding and stump up for breakfast . I know how he struggles on his meagre pension so I’ll have to take pity on him . Hope you are keeping well , cheers , Dave

Dave,

good to hear that the treatment has come to an end, and best wishes for the results. Also hope you get your B’fast out of R.O.F. :laughing:

E.W.

Glad that’s over, Dave.
Meanwhile, back at the café…………………………
I’m off to the sprog’s again on Saturday for Father’s Day celebrations (me!) and birthday celebrations (me again!!) so you’ll have ten days in which to come to terms with your conscience and save up enough to stump up for your turn at breakfast.

This message is deliberately posted on this site in the hope that those others who have expressed an interest may join us and avail themselves of your generosity. And serves you right, too!
Experience tells me that young Punchy will excuse himself from the gathering lest we remember his previous offer to stand his corner.
See you soon- my stomach’s rumbling already.

Please can we stop talking about breakfasts, the last episode didn’t go well and that was because some of us asked perfectly reasonable (For a Yorkshireman) questions about the funding arrangements. :confused:

Anyway, Dave, I was talking this week to an old mate who has just done 9 chemo sessions, before he started he was a very ill fella, (very), well he finished some weeks ago, his hair has grown back, he’s eating well, and he’s putting weight back on. He’s laughing with us and it’s safe to say he’s a different man.
So keep your chin up matey, stay strong, and you’ll be fighting fit in no time

grumpy old man:
Please can we stop talking about breakfasts, the last episode didn’t go well and that was because some of us asked perfectly reasonable (For a Yorkshireman) questions about the funding arrangements. :confused:

Anyway, Dave, I was talking this week to an old mate who has just done 9 chemo sessions, before he started he was a very ill fella, (very), well he finished some weeks ago, his hair has grown back, he’s eating well, and he’s putting weight back on. He’s laughing with us and it’s safe to say he’s a different man.
So keep your chin up matey, stay strong, and you’ll be fighting fit in no time

How is the Gardener engine doing, especially in the warm weather? Any overheating issues?

The heat here in Germany is quite something. Over 30 C for the past month or so. Too warm for a Scotsman!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny