I need your help guys

Hello to everyone,

I’m new in UK, i have 2 months here and i have problems finding a job as a driver, i’m a 25 years, i pass my test in my country last year for every category ( C, E, D) and also have CPC and ADR, but no experience here, that is the big problem. I worked as a driver in my country but on mini bus and Van for a couple of years and now i want to join in the big boys game. But every agency were i was, asked for experience here. I came here first for a job as bus driver for Metroline, but i want to drive and i didn’t like it. Now i live in London, but i can move, and i’m looking for a job. If you know a company who accept new drivers, let me know. I’m a quick learner and i want to work. Every information is very good for me because it’s hard in a new country to start a new career…
So help me guys!

Have a safe trip!

Knights of Old in Kettering are looking for types of drivers from rigids to artics on local or distance work .
Gregory distribution ltd in Devon, go on their website for jobs .
Brakes food transport in Highbridge Somerset for multi drop work .
RT Keedwell in Highbridge.
IJ Mgill transport at Keynsham Bristol.
Massey Wilcox transport at Chilcomptom near Shepton Mallet.

What country you from ?

Issue here isn’t just the lack of experience of HGV’s but the lack of driving experience on the UK roads, plus geographical knowledge

I’m from Romania (hope this is not a problem).
How i said from my opinion i have good driving skills and i learn very fast. I just need a chance to prove that.
Regards

toby1234abc:
Knights of Old in Kettering are looking for types of drivers from rigids to artics on local or distance work .
Gregory distribution ltd in Devon, go on their website for jobs .
Brakes food transport in Highbridge Somerset for multi drop work .
RT Keedwell in Highbridge.
IJ Mgill transport at Keynsham Bristol.
Massey Wilcox transport at Chilcomptom near Shepton Mallet.

I was at Brakes here in London for an interview and after all, the answer was that they need someone with experience…
Sorry for my bad english. I’m gonna try with this companies you just told me. Thanks.

Have a look on Wincantons and Turners websites, they normally will take on inexperienced drivers

Keep trying pal, you will get a start! :smiley:

As for your English, I’d say it’s pretty good…

Palade:
How i said from my opinion i have good driving skills

And you’ve only been driving one year…That’s your own opinion of course and others would say your still new to driving and still have a lot to learn
This might sound somewhat harsh but if you was struggling to find HGV work in Romania, what ever gave you the idea that it would be easier over in the UK…or did you listen to all this rubbish about driver shortage

The issue as Ive already stated what is going against you atm it the lack of driving experience & geographical knowledge…

You don’t need geographical knowledge…as long as you have a sat nav or smart phone.

xichrisxi:
You don’t need geographical knowledge…as long as you have a sat nav or smart phone.

So you saying you don’t even plan your route using a proper map…

Another potential British newbie missing out.

Welcome.

Swampey2418:

xichrisxi:

Class one driver for 9 years,never used a A-Z or needed to use the low bridge map I have in my locker at work.
If that makes me a bad driver,sue me :smiley:

xichrisxi:

Swampey2418:

xichrisxi:

Class one driver for 9 years,never used a A-Z or needed to use the low bridge map I have in my locker at work.

I’m not saying anything other than most professional HGV drivers Ive met generally use a map first, sat nav and fancy smart phones as a secondary and not really relied on…
But back to the case in hand… OP only lived in the UK for 2 months… no real driving on the UK roads…But what your saying is that he doesn’t need a good geographical knowledge to get a fair crack at a job…just take is crap nav along

I am with Chris on this one Swampster.

TT 5250 combined with Mk1 Eyeball. Got a Phillips bridge height map gathering dust under the bed.

Swampey2418:

xichrisxi:

Swampey2418:

xichrisxi:

I’m not saying anything other than most professional HGV drivers Ive met generally use a map first, sat nav and fancy smart phones as a secondary and not really relied on…
But back to the case in hand… OP only lived in the UK for 2 months… no real driving on the UK roads…But what your saying is that he doesn’t need a good geographical knowledge to get a fair crack at a job…just take is crap nav along

I musn’t be professional then…ah well can’t win em all.
Your reference to sat nav as “crap navs” suggests your one of the anti brigade who don’t like change,everyone’s different…no bother,Jesus loves us all.

Each to there own…Jesus loves us all… How you know… you got his number.lmao

I’ve got a truckmaster satnav… I trust that like I trust my boss… With contempt

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I excpect it could get a bit heavy with the Road maps using all the time, say if you have 6 drops all around A roads that your unfamiliar with, if your on your own having to refer to the map every 5 minutes would pee me right off,

But I can understand on single journeys say but still on those A roads could be a pain if your on your own,

I think a mix is the best way to go, for me anyway, :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
Another potential British newbie missing out.

Welcome.

What happened to a post-racial society? Besides I’d rather have this guy who speaks good english than some geezer from the flats who smokes, wears trackies and went to prison for theft.

Could try going agency work, would be the simple route to get some experience or try the green machine, there always looking for good drivers if you don’t have a drink issue lol, failing that just used leather and go door knocking…

But out of interest why did it not work out on the buses