I love my job

Same as the OP, I really enjoy being a King of the road :slight_smile:

Avg 55 hours a week, never pushed, left to do the job I am employed to do, only contact with office is to drop in paperwork or if a job changes, and we have almost a full team of good lads to work with (always one knob aint there).

I can be a gentlemen and a charmer, or a royal pain in the arse, the only deciding factor is how you treat me.

So yes, I love what I do and I’m pretty good at it too :smiley: but after 24 years practise I should be.

happysack:
I enjoy my job too. Treated like a grown up occasionally and no rdc work.

So they don’t know you very well then? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No they don’t. They trust me with a hammer.

Well I’ve been in this new job now for 2 months and have to say it’s the bee’s knees!

I don’t get chased on the phone, just get left to my own devices. No rushing round.

Good money, good night out money and expenses paid back.

Some fantastic views as 95% of our drops are out in the sticks. Which also makes for some “how am I getting down there” moments.

If I work Saturday it’s only because I didn’t make it home Friday - no deliveries. Paid a minimum of 5 hours on Saturday. If we go over 5 hours (which is as rare as rocking horse s**t) then we get paid 5 hours plus what ever extra.

Defo 100% better than my last job.

vikingpete:
Bus driving is far better

Have you been on the white lightening? Lol don’t do live loads ta

happysack:

:laughing: :laughing:

I also love my job delivering beer to pubs, along with singing along to the radio and not having to mind my language too much, have you seen some of the lasses in the pubs? I was at a pub today just off the A69 near Hexham and the three lasses in there were pretty fantastic! This is common in many pubs but there seems to be a lot of fittys around the Hexham area, must be something in the water!

Leeds isn’t too bad either, shame its a pig to drive around.

20 years in and I still love trucking. I too wish it was the same as when I started but it ain’t and never will be again so no point b1tching about it.
I start a completely new job on Monday, something I’ve never done before after doing my current job for 12 years. Going from a job I know inside out to one I have no idea about is filling me with dread and excitement at the same time. A bit like my first time out on the road alone 20 years ago… [emoji5]️

muckles:

happysack:

:laughing: :laughing:

This hammer?

Yep. Also have an axe and a lot of cable ties.

happysack:

Don’t think I’ll try hitching a lift off you, ever seen the Paul Walker film ‘Roadkill’ :laughing:

happysack:

Cheque please! :cry:

happysack:

you’re getting scary now! :open_mouth: :laughing:

I do respect a person with a decent hammer. Axes & cable ties show good attention to detail :sunglasses:

Just out of curiosity. Could the more mature :slight_smile: truckers on here tell me why the job was better a few years back?

Thanks

vikingpete:
Just out of curiosity. Could the more mature :slight_smile: truckers on here tell me why the job was better a few years back?

Thanks

Move with the times pal,no other reason :neutral_face:

Lots of jobs / things in life were better years ago - things change, not always for the better but we accept it & get on with it or moan about it, or do something about it.

While I could never include the words “love” and “my job” in the same sentence, ( on principle, work for me is a necessary evil and not necessary hobby)

I like everyone else have good and bad days.
Good ones always include driving somewhere new or interesting (automatic now living abroad)

Bad days traffic jams and [zb] at delivery points.

mac12:

Face:
I really enjoy my work, ok sometimes it’s a ball-ache depending on the particular job, but generally I love it, & find most people I encounter along the way to be amiable, helpful, and good for a laugh. My pay is pretty good, the trucks are good to drive, people at my company are nice, I usually do between 10-12 hours a shift which is fine. I’ve had my fair share of curtain-side-windy-weather buckle smacks in the teeth and other ‘ooh-ya-■■■■■■■■■ moments, but it’s one of the few jobs where I can look how I like, don’t get stuck in one place or in a room with co-workers all day, & can choose whether to have a natter to others or not when stuck at a Tesco or Iceland for 3 hours :grimacing: , and being naturally sweary, I don’t have to curb it too much; I sing along to the radio all shift long and nobody screams! :smiley:

How many years have you been driving?

thats the point, zero! :grimacing: months at best! :laughing: happy pills? Needs drugs after three decades! Lol :sunglasses:

So if you worked a flat 40 hours your pay would be ?
Sick of repairing trucks ,old man and sick of listening to thick [zb] drivers ■■■■■■■.
Went to woodsides did the “appraisal” and this SOB offerd me 7 .80 a ■■■■■ hour (less than half what Im paid to repair the ■■■■■ things.

And you “skilled” men swallow this ■■■■■■
Mind you our “driving fraternity” are hardly the sharpest knives in the drawer are they.