I have only got one pallet

You are in a long queue to get tipped,and someone taps on the window to say if i mind if he goes in front to get his one pallet off,while i have a full load,do you make him wait,or say go on drive,it will only take a few minutes.

No he can wait his turn, I’m busy.

It happens quite a lot.

I normally let them if I’ve got a full load and it’s only going to add a couple of minutes to my wait.

Being on pallet network deliveries doing multi drop, I don’t like sitting behind someone who has a full load. The way i see it, it will add 5 mins extra to the driver of the full load if I get tipped first, where as it will add an hour to my day sitting behind him. Not ideal when I’ve still got another 12 drops and 6 pick ups left to do. Most of my drops are regular anyway and I get on with the goods in staff. They usually tip me right away if I’ve only got a couple of pallets.

The small multi drop parcel vans are no problem,they do their own thing and can be in and out in seconds,drop it and scan and gone.Get a signature for that electronic gizmo thing.

Damoq,i say yes to the guys who have the odd palllet.

Let him in, it might be you next time when he has a full load, it’s only 5mins anyway, I remember a time when that question need not have been asked, what has happened to drivers today? :unamused:

That is right Rob,it may be one of us getting one pallet off,and there is 14 trucks in long line,and the factory/RDC/NDC/warehouse shuts dead on 17.00,then it is come back the next day.

toby1234abc:
Damoq,i say yes to the guys who have the odd palllet.

Cheers toby. If it wasn’t for guys like you, I probably wouldn’t manage all of my drops. :wink:

If i am polite to other driver`s,they are polite back,most days on the job we can have a laugh and a joke to break up the day and make it go a bit faster,then like in ALL walks of life there is always one plonker that will ruin for all of us.

I know what multi drop is like,done a fair share of it,narrow country lanes,private houses,back of beyond drops,getting lost,customers that ask what time you are arriving so they can go shopping or collect Aunt Jessy from the train station,while it is your fault that you are late when you are not late,the office lie to their clients to cover their rear ends,and shaft the driver.

I had a slight variation on this situation the other day when I was waiting to get tipped.

Another truck turns up and is wanting to pick up a couple of pallets. The FLT driver didn’t ask, he simply said, “I’ll just load these two pallets on him and then tip you mate…” I’d already been there 30 mins with the curtains pulled and everything ready to go!

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t have been overly bothered, except as soon as the two pallets were loaded the truck driver started to tell the FLT driver all about his new greenhouse and what a great night he’d had down the pub the night before.

After about 15 mins of getting progressively [zb]ed off, I had to go over and say to the truck driver, “Can you tell him the rest of the story after he’s tipped me?” To their credit, both of them got the hint, but I thought they were well out of order!

Each situation tends to vary.

If I was still driving, I would let him in first.

An extra 5 minutes waiting to be tipped would mean sod all to me. However, for the poor sod on multi drop, a wait of 25 minutes and more per delivery would be the difference between a steady day and mission impossible.

And the boss moaning why he was taking so long.

EastAnglianTrucker:
Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t have been overly bothered, except as soon as the two pallets were loaded the truck driver started to tell the FLT driver all about his new greenhouse and what a great night he’d had down the pub the night before.

While I wouldn’t hold up another driver any longer than necessary who had been good enough to let me in front of them, I like to chat to the FLT driver and keep on their good side. Especially when I go to a place regularly. I find that too can help me get tipped/loaded quicker at places.

toby1234abc:
And the boss moaning why he was taking so long.

Dunno about anyone else but I don’t have time to be ■■■■■■■ about letting people go in front, even when the run sheet is finished there still lots more to be done.

Could everyone just move aside and let Damoq through, he’s a very busy man! :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

I was the driver with two pallets on last friday :blush:
There were 6 atrics waiting to go into the yard to be unloaded at Kanjhara foods in blackburn,i was 4th in the queue,so the guy that was in front of me with a full load was asked (not by me)if i could go in 1st,he agreed so i backed in,took off the 1st pallet,only to be greeted by the 2nd pallet tipped over(full pallet of 2ltr bottles of fizzy pop),35 mins later me and the forktruck driver had gathered the botles up,i pulled out…dont think the driver who let me in was impressed,he just glared at me :laughing: