I hate steve wright!

I thought I’d give this a bump as I still don’t “love the show…”

Similar to what Big Joe said. I’ve just got old and lazy and stuck in a rut surrounded by my ■■■■■.
I quite like Steve. But can’t stomach slimy Ken Bruce. :slight_smile:
But like Feenix stick to Radio 4.
Mike. I think :question: :confused:

i quite like radio 2 and as i work nights and they do have some decent music , and i find janice long and alex lester great listening. also think liza tarbuck was entertaining. as for steve wright i used to think the damien social worker ,sid the manager were brilliant, not sure now as i tend to jjust listen for traffic reports before i go to work.

poppiesfan:
i quite like radio 2 and as i work nights and they do have some decent music , and i find janice long and alex lester great listening. also think liza tarbuck was entertaining. as for steve wright i used to think the damien social worker ,sid the manager were brilliant, not sure now as i tend to jjust listen for traffic reports before i go to work.

and of course Little Poppie :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing wrong with the big show friend. :wink: It’s that tub vanessa feltz I can’t stand

OVLOV JAY:
Nothing wrong with the big show friend. :wink: It’s that tub vanessa feltz I can’t stand

Agreed she is very irritating, toe she always sounds like she is talking down to people,and she has a certain way about her like she is better than anyone else.

Like a female Richard madeley right up his own backside!

What about that naff ex-tennis player that keeps getting bounced around the tv studios? You know the one,face like a plank & a brain to match.
This could be a good thread to slag off all the radio /tv toilet trade lurkers.
The most irritating;
B.Turnbull
J Kyle
The one that looks like a 12 yr old schoolboy from Brum
His Welsh oppo
All of Angular TV -Norwich inbreds
The overgrown choirboy who does the religious stuff
N Edmonds
All that countdown crap
A Robinsod
The list goes on…

■■■■’s me off when they are all talkin about some crap and you really need the road reports from ■■■■■■ traffic …thats the only time i put radio 2 on , for the traffic reports , and as for that other gimp simon mayo …i would gas him … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: every time he starts a sentence you can here him drawing breath through his teeth …bunch of clowns :imp:

I just think thank god for Ipods! I have really gone off radio 2 recently, (can’t quite say I hate it, but, ya know…) radio 4 puts me in a coma. Used to work with a guy who listened to nothing else. Some of the comedy was pretty good but the rest…
When in Oxfordshire I listen to Jack FM, love all the 80s music as it reminds me of being a kid. :slight_smile:

BanburyDan:
I just think thank god for Ipods! I have really gone off radio 2 recently, (can’t quite say I hate it, but, ya know…) radio 4 puts me in a coma. Used to work with a guy who listened to nothing else. Some of the comedy was pretty good but the rest…
When in Oxfordshire I listen to Jack FM, love all the 80s music as it reminds me of being a kid. :slight_smile:

I listen to it after 9am; Can’t stand the “award winning breakfast show”. Have you noticed though Dan, the music is always played in the same order? Can’t stand their awful Oxford United commentary/ bigging up of their lowly league football matches.
Talking of Oxfordshird, have you heard that butch voiced bird on Radio Oxford that does the travel? Cheap Sally Traffic copy…

Muckaway:

BanburyDan:

I listen to it after 9am; Can’t stand the “award winning breakfast show”. Have you noticed though Dan, the music is always played in the same order? Can’t stand their awful Oxford United commentary/ bigging up of their lowly league football matches.
Talking of Oxfordshird, have you heard that butch voiced bird on Radio Oxford that does the travel? Cheap Sally Traffic copy…

How long have you been on pre-mod? :open_mouth:

Muckaway:

BanburyDan:

Talking of Oxfordshire, have you heard that butch voiced bird on Radio Oxford that does the travel? Cheap Sally Traffic copy…

I very rarely drive early enough to catch the breakfast thing. I remember when it was geeky guy Gyln and I once get some stickers off him outside Blenheim palace. I’ve also been on there myself a couple of times, once when it snowed really bad and I texted in about the A4260, they rang me up and had a chat - and also once when they wanted people with Northern accents on (I’m a Yorkshireman by birth) to talk about how northern folk have bigger brains or something…
I’m no football fan so the footy stuff is of zero interest. Not noticed the music order as such, but you do hear the same classics, with the odd curve ball thrown in for good measure - sundays are especially best, that and the early hours when there are fewer adverts.
I don’t listen to radio oxford (can’t stand that brummie presenter they have/had) (nowt against brummies, just don’t like that one) so can’t comment on their traffic bods.

Essexboy:
Like a female Richard madeley right up his own backside!

He is an absolute dead ringer for Alan Partridge, remember hearing him recently he was discussing something really sombre about the Holocaust, it went along the lines of “Ah yes very tragic that 6 million gassed, anyway heres Spandau Ballet” :laughing: :laughing:

JackFM is an awesome station. Why there can’t be more ‘just music’ stations. It’s beyond me.

I lose reception for it just after Banbury on the M40, but it’s the only thing worth listening to. Glide isn’t bad either, same sort of thing, but slightly more ecclectic stuff.

Thank god for working nights now, no more steve wright, and as I don’t start until nearly 7pm, also means no Simon Mayo :smiley: The evenings shows starting at 7pm are well worth a listen. Rhythm and Blues on Monday, Jazz with Jamie Cullum tuesday, Folk on Wednesday, Country on Thursday. Friday is a write off with desmond carrington, ancient fossil who just plays rubbish mostly, but better than listening to Vanessa Feltz in the mornings. She is worse than Kennedy, if that is possible.

The CD player in the MAN TGX reads MP3 direct from CD’s, so you can get 11-12 albums per disc. I’ve got a case logic full of discs, so that keeps me occupied most of the time without getting too bored of the same stuff.

The Jack FM morning show is better than any other breakfast show i’ve listened to. I usually have it on for the ten minutes or so driving home after the shift. But I would still rather not listen to Radio ‘personalities’ talking rhubarb.

Alex Lester 2am - 5am is different class

I work nights so I don’t have to listen to the posse. The downside is that annoying Feltz woman. Whoever gave her the job wants sacking. They should extend Alex Lester’s show. Shame they can’t follow it with the late Ray Moore. He was the best early morning presenter bar none. He always sounded like he didn’t want to be around at that time of day either

Yeah I must agree, I like the folk show and the country show when I catch them, which isn’t often as I usually have the ipod in…

i work nights and there are some great documentries and specials on various artistes from a whole spectrum of music.
i listen to simon mayo then it could be jazz or folk etc. i enjoy radio 2 through the night ,im thankful that im finished before that vannessa" i love me who do you love" feltz. awful woman :smiling_imp: is on the airwaves.
quite like smooth radio sometimes. i think it depends what mood im in when i play cd,s.

Your all wrong, Steve Wright is a legend, can’t wait for his show to start in the afternoon, and a very close second is Chris Evans, RADIO 4!!! Your all old before your time…

I do agree though, Fatty Feltz is a pain in the Harris, you can tell she’s being restrained from eating everything in the studio…

He’s best of a bad bunch in my eyes. You have to switch off from the BS chatter, bloody “factoids” , old women etc and just enjoy the old tunes. Local commercial radio is ok but after a while the adverts get on my tripe.
Radio 1, im to dam old now to appreciate it.
Feltz- sooner stick pins in my eyes than listen to her, the worst presenter of any radio broadcast, ever.