I hate steve wright!

Im another who can’t stand Steve wright, annoying ****! And that tree loving old hag he has on there with him, she really makes my s**t itch. The thing I find about most of radio 2 is the “perfect happy world” sort of talk they always try to portray. Like Chris evans, he makes it sound like everything is so happy and perfect in the world on his show, really ■■■■■■ me off. I think ken Bruce is the best out the bunch. Radio 1, Chris moyles is the best, hes honest, pushes the boundaries and doesnt always follow the BBC goody goody ways. But then after 10 it all changes.

It goes on 5 live after that!

AaronR

1st - I hate the way steve wright always cuts off the guitar solo off Gerry rafferty - baker street, when it’s played on the oldies

2nd - ‘barry’ from watford used to be on the iain lee show on lbc, i was listening to radio 4 a couple of years back and iain lee was on with ‘barry’ who is a young impressionist putting on the voice, obviously he’s moved on to national radio, more money i spose’

3rd - Jack fm is brilliant, the breakfast dj is bam bam, any Londoners will remember him from kiss fm (whatever happened to streetboy) I especially like the voiceover guy who says stuff like " feel like your spending too much time online? Well stop sending us BLOODY song requests then!! lol

4th - Does anyone like the moral maze with michael burke on radio 4? no need to wind down the window or slap yourself round the face or drink a gallon of redbull

Just what it says on the tin. For anyone who’s felt like ripping their radio out when “the Big Show” with all it’s annoying clapping and podcast promotions comes on. This is for those who find haemorrhoids less irritating than factoids…

Couldn’t agree more. Bloke is a bafoon!!! Needs a good slap. As ya say bloody clapping and podcasts and old women and calling it “the big show!!” arrogant half wit. How straight of when he starts. And another thing why are all is “team” always late!!!

Agreed. Glad I haven’t listened to it for quite a while, last was when he came back from holiday (Chris Tarrant covered, and it was an infinitely more enjoyable few weeks, maybe give him the slot). I can’t remember what he said, but it was instantly irritating.

“Factoids” just serve remind me about how banal and tedious our existence is, and how irrelevant all this becomes when you earn an obscene salary (SW’s to you) and can take great fervour in such pointless things. Chris Evans exemplifies this fact even further I feel.

Who are the idiots he surrounds himself with? That Barry from Watford makes me want to throw things :imp: . Makes me ashamed to have originated from Watford. :frowning:

Radio 2 is unlistenable between 12 and 5. Real shame because its nice not to have to retune the radio every 20 miles while you are travelling around.

bazdub:
Couldn’t agree more. Bloke is a bafoon!!! Needs a good slap. As ya say bloody clapping and podcasts and old women and calling it “the big show!!” arrogant half wit. How straight of when he starts. And another thing why are all is “team” always late!!!

And that stupid geriatric voice talking about “your standard network rate”, and the old woman. Oh and if I was married to Janey Hug-Trees I’d either poison her or drink it myself!

Yes he went to seed a long time ago, I usually listen to the oldies but as soon as I hear that Barry character I’m off. But when he narrates on Top of The Pops Two, he is hilarious and it makes me think back to the shows he used to present on his own which had me in tears with laughter, Mr Angry, The Pet Shop Boys, Mick and Keith, Sid the manager, Prince. He’s just got old and lazy and stuck in a rut surrounded by his possy :unamused: , time he went and join Sarah Kennedy and took that Barry from Watford with him :neutral_face:

See the post Sarah Kennedy R2. There is a God. :laughing:

Muckaway:
Just what it says on the tin. For anyone who’s felt like ripping their radio out when “the Big Show” with all it’s annoying clapping and podcast promotions comes on. This is for those who find haemorrhoids less irritating than factoids…

think that aplies to most of Radio 2 presenters these days, just hate Chris " i love me and everything about me, my show is fantastic" Evans

Ah well…I can see what your problem is here !..

You’re not tuned into Radio 4,like you should be,are you ■■ :laughing: :wink: . First thing I do when I get in a truck ! Better than all this rubbish masquerading as ‘music’ ! :laughing:

Never did like him even when he was on radio 1

He can go with Jeremy wine ( find him antagonistic then journalistic ) bring back Jimmy Young :laughing: :laughing:

Can just about cope with Chris Evans these days

yeah, jimmy young, pete murray, john dunne, johnnie Walker, David jacobs, Juke box jury, ready, steady go! Bring them all back :laughing:

No body has mentioned him so far so I assume everybody likes Ken Bruce. I’ve got to say I think hes the best by far of a bad bunch, well since Johhny Walkers left.

If “the Big Show” starts at 2pm then why has his “team” not been sacked for lateness? I’ve never known them be on time! Mind you, if I want to give my in-laws a birthday greeting in front of “millions” I only need to e-mail with “Hi Steve (you irritating t****r), love the show!” :smiley:

knight:
No body has mentioned him so far so I assume everybody likes Ken Bruce. I’ve got to say I think hes the best by far of a bad bunch, well since Johhny Walkers left.

Johhny Walker is on Sunday afternoon from 15.00

I HATE STEVE WRIGHT!!!

Poor old Treacle, he would cry his eyes out if he knew this.

truckerjon:
yeah, jimmy young, pete murray, john dunne, johnnie Walker, David jacobs, Juke box jury, ready, steady go! Bring them all back :laughing:

How about cute lil Diddy Hamilton? & that other one with the syrup ■■

Steve Wright is long past his sell by date, self adulation at his best Joe Bloggs has emailed in and says “GREAT SHOW STEVE !” I usually end up shouting at the radio before tuning to radio 4 to listen to whose died…
Radio 2 has problems, I could tolerate the mad man wittering on at 5pm after a long day, but not at 7.30 in the morning Chris Evans is to manic I need easing into the day.

truckerjon:

Are all that lot still alive :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wrighty’s a “self indulgent weiner”, anything he says I just ignore, they really should boot him.

Evans is allright imo, maybe a bit too perky for some but just what I need in a morning.