i got banned

can anyone tell me whether i’ll lose my lgv entitlement,got caught on the A9 heading north going very quick in my car,it went to court,inevitable 12 month ban and a resit of my car test(extended test),just wondered if anyone knew what the situation is.

Fraid so mate, you’re ■■■■■■. A driving ban is what it says on the tin, it is not category specific

is that even when my ban is up,or will i get a visit to the tc,mate of mine got a 2 week suspension on top of his 6 month ban after a visit to the tc and that was for speeding and using his mobile fone in the truck.

bobbert_bear:
can anyone tell me whether i’ll lose my lgv entitlement,got caught on the A9 heading north going very quick in my car,it went to court,inevitable 12 month ban and a resit of my car test(extended test),just wondered if anyone knew what the situation is.

40% over the posted limit is a discretionary ban usually 28 days, how fast were you going to get 12 months■■?

lets just say i was over 100

if you do end up in front of the tc then i wouldnt hold out for getting your lgv back for a while after your car ban is up and i think if you have been orderd too resit your car test then i think you may have too resit the lgv test aswell but if i were you i would ask

I got banned for speeding in my car, only got a two month ban though & I had my Cossie speedo right the way around to the Made in Dagenham sign, so you must’ve been travelling, when I got it back I got called up to see the TC in Kensington where I had to promise to be a good boy, mind you that was over 20yrs ago & VOSA are a lot stricter now, I would think they’re going to put you through the wringer.

It’s bollox really, fair enough you got caught doing something silly, but you’re getting banned for a year, that’s punishment enough surely? The insurance companies will hammer you when you get your ticket back & many employers insurers will be reluctant to have you on the books, no licence means you lose your job & now you’ll have VOSA on your back too, one crime, four punishments, that’s not right at all :unamused:

PS sorry for being so gloom & doom :wink:

i was driving an ex plod vauxhall omega 3.0 mv6 i was under 120 mph,but had to be home in invergordon that night,was working in perth but living up there at the time.

Do you really think you should keep your LGV entitlement?

Sorry, if i sound a tad unsympathetic…but i guess that’s because i’m not. I would be more sympathetic if you had been done under totting up dfor a few miles an hour over…but a 100+…? Professional Suicide.

If people choose to drive at 100+ then they have to be prepared to accept the consequences…and if they rely on a DL to earn a living, then why do they do it?

When, or if, you get your LGV back, how many employers will take someone with a recent 12 month ban?

i dont like what i did,but i have to live with the consequences,and i dont make a habit of driving at 100+ but the once i do i got caught, i have 2 companies who will take me on,i worked with them before and both said i could go back after am back on the road.

DonutUK:
Do you really think you should keep your LGV entitlement?

Sorry, if i sound a tad unsympathetic…but i guess that’s because i’m not. I would be more sympathetic if you had been done under totting up dfor a few miles an hour over…but a 100+…? Professional Suicide.

If people choose to drive at 100+ then they have to be prepared to accept the consequences…and if they rely on a DL to earn a living, then why do they do it?

When, or if, you get your LGV back, how many employers will take someone with a recent 12 month ban?

A paddy, cos they will know you don’t hang around :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

image removed

Oi Harry, that’s cheating! :smiling_imp:

When I try to type in ■■■■■■■■ all i get is… :grimacing:

[zb]

If a mod removes that then I also expect that image to be removed :wink:

12 month ban and a resit of my car test(extended test)

I was reliably informed that the retest does not have to be done in a car - it can be done in any licence catagory that you held - might be worth checking on that if you want to retest in something other than a car - my ‘reliable’ source could be wrong…

I think the TC is more likely to get involved if the excessive speed was done in a LGV - say doing 56 in a 30 zone…

Watch out for the DVLA if you do a car retest - I think you may have to fill out a D2 form to get any other licences back

Steve-o:
[zb]

If a mod removes that then I also expect that image to be removed :wink:

Let’s hope they don’t spot it then or I’ll be here… :wink:

the retest has to be done in the car,thats what the court said,but i just wondered the situation on whether i would lose my hgv entitlement altogether or if just till my retest pass.

bobbert_bear:
the retest has to be done in the car,thats what the court said,but i just wondered the situation on whether i would lose my hgv entitlement altogether or if just till my retest pass.

D2 form to DVLA will put the rest back on it if they have not already done so when you recieve licence back after retest.

mike68:

bobbert_bear:
can anyone tell me whether i’ll lose my lgv entitlement,got caught on the A9 heading north going very quick in my car,it went to court,inevitable 12 month ban and a resit of my car test(extended test),just wondered if anyone knew what the situation is.[/quot 40% over the posted limit is a discretionary ban usually 28 days, how fast were you going to get 12 months■■?

Up here in the far North anything over 100 is generally a years ban unless you have a bloody good lawyer.
They got my mate a few years ago for 104 between Inverness and Tore on DC would have been 138 but a silver surfer in a volvo got between them. It was on Police Camera Action (white 3 Door Cossie), He had to grovvel to the TC to get his Class 1 back.

bobbert_bear:
i was driving an ex plod vauxhall omega 3.0 mv6 i was under 120 mph,but had to be home in invergordon that night,was working in perth but living up there at the time.

Over a ton in a vauxhall ?, 12 months ban !!! should be locked up in a mental institution :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: