I cant belive it

who makes it up…

just started new job on monday and…

what sick person decided to set the limiter at 48mph :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

to say im annoyed is putting it lightly. im a mobile chicane everybody overtakes me and when i flash them in they dont even bother giving me " the wink ", i have people coming on slip roads shouting abuse and giving me hand signals cos i wont move over but the point is i cant move over cos somebody is always overtaking me plus you cant move into the middle lane at 48 mph.

it is only the leeds based vehicles that are the " ongoing forever trial " no other depot has been hit by this curse.

imagine doing the ports at 48mph. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Still, its not all bad, yr paid by the hour. :wink:

Do as they said in teh other thread and pull limiter fuse :smiley:

pull the fure and sit at 56 on the GPS and fly past the lot of them…including Mr Vain lol

48?!

Things are just getting silly now, I mean seriously, I just think thats barely safe for a Motorway.

Alex

Scarab:
48?!

Things are just getting silly now, I mean seriously, I just think thats barely safe for a Motorway.

Alex

Its only 22mph slower than the ‘limit’. If you’ve seen a vehicle drive at 22mph then you’ll know its not really fast, and if you can’t spot something slower ahead then frankly you need an eye test.

Scarab:
48?!

Alex

Picture the scene. You’re ■■■■■■■ along at 56, there’s a truck a fair bit ahead so you quickly glance down at your junk food drawer and pick out a Mars bar. You look back up and you end up having to swerve your fully loaded 29t worth of paper reels to overtake quickly before running into the back of the poor bloke. Then a couple reels go and slam against the curtains. Great.

P.S when I say you, I don’t mean you Scarab I’m just saying what could happen all because some ■■■■ company thinks it’s gear to limit trucks to 48

Mike-C:

Scarab:
48?!

Alex

Its only 22mph slower than the ‘limit’. If you’ve seen a vehicle drive at 22mph then you’ll know its not really fast, and if you can’t spot something slower ahead then frankly you need an eye test.

We aren’t talking about someone doing 22, are we? I’m sure we can all spot a car or truck doing 22 but it’s 48 we’re talking about!

Is it saving fuel, Poundland motors were reduced to 50mph (supposedly more like 48mph) and they were using more fuel because wouldnt go outta 11th gear when carrying full loads.

They are now all back at 56mph.

Steve-o:

Mike-C:

Scarab:
48?!

Alex

We aren’t talking about someone doing 22, are we? I’m sure we can all spot a car or truck doing 22 but it’s 48 we’re talking about!

I’m saying a car doing 70mph is only going 22mph faster than him, its not some death defyingly greater speed that he can’t see him or can’t make a descision to pull out and pass him.

Steve-o:
Picture the scene. You’re ■■■■■■■ along at 56, there’s a truck a fair bit ahead so you quickly glance down at your junk food drawer and pick out a Mars bar. You look back up and you end up having to swerve your fully loaded 29t worth of paper reels to overtake quickly before running into the back of the poor bloke. Then a couple reels go and slam against the curtains. Great

After this quote i have to admit defeat and realise i’m wasting my time…
But yeah, you’re right. Someone travelling at 48 mph can make you swerve and lose your load through your curtains. Its dangerous on them roads , there’s some right nutters out there !!

I can’t believe it…'s not butter !. Couldn’t resist ! :laughing:

Now i think about it dad, i’d love to of seen the look on yr face the moment you realised that 48 was all you’d got

MR VAIN:
Now i think about it dad, i’d love to of seen the look on yr face the moment you realised that 48 was all you’d got

I can just envisage the bulging calf muscles as you tried to mash the peddle harder into the floor.

So i could be passin you sometime alex :smiley: 48 how do you stay awake.

jessicas dad:
what sick person decided to set the limiter at 48mph

Some jumped up fool who lives on another planet.

As you say, you’re a rolling obstruction. If the whole idea was weighed up fully and properly, I would guess at that speed on motorway you are deliberately hindering traffic and your company should be done for it.

I would just keep defecting it daily, and carry on earning money as you take more hours to get somewhere.

They cannot ignore the defect sheets.

48 …sure you ain`t driving a shopping trolly?

just wait till a wide load catches up with you! that’s one hell of roadblock

48 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Waht are these numpty TRAFFIC POLICE going to think of next :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i am still to be convinced that it does actually save fuel

i subbie for one of the larger container companies who have their vehicles set at 52MPH (alledgedly for fuel reasons)

i drive a 430 XF SuperSpace, drive it like i stole it, foot down everywhere, 56MPH where i can (legally of course :wink: ) and i still get better fuel returns than most of their trucks :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am also thinking of getting my truck chipped for better fuel consumption too :sunglasses: