I am not sure where I am

Well I have made a decision to try again. I had training at Pete’s driving school some 6 years ago. I did not pass despite 3 attempts still have no idea what I did wrong on my 2nd and 3rd attempt as 1st one was failed due to me scraping by the cone on the reverse. After over 5years I still bear the pain of failing so even though I found the training from Pete and his team really good as well as trucks they use.

I am not sure if should step twice in the same river. It is still an option though.

I am thinking if I could use any of my cpc modules still as I have managed to pass it but never got my card as I never made past the driving test. I want to go straight to class1 this time as it become recently possible but I am not sure about my provisional license status. I believe that my medicals should still be valid. Obviously I’d have to do the theory and hazard tests again but I am not sure what should be my next step.

Anyone have any idea where to start?

6 years ago the CPC will be invalid and I suspect the medical too so you’d be starting from scratch again I’d think.

I am surprised you say you don’t know why you failed 2nd and 3rd time, Pete’s place is top notch and I can’t imagine a scenario where they wouldn’t go through your fail sheet and why with you.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:
6 years ago the CPC will be invalid and I suspect the medical too so you’d be starting from scratch again I’d think.

I am surprised you say you don’t know why you failed 2nd and 3rd time, Pete’s place is top notch and I can’t imagine a scenario where they wouldn’t go through your fail sheet and why with you.

I am not sure we have gone over fail sheet. Doesn’t matter now anyway. Medicals should be valid if you are under 40 or 45. As for the rest I would most likely have to start over.

I am not sure where I am.

Well… if you are reading this then you are on trucknetuk :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry - could not resist

ROG:

I am not sure where I am.

Well… if you are reading this then you are on trucknetuk :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry - could not resist

:smiley: :smiley:

There’s always one isn’t there Blacov89 :wink: :smiley:

As has been said, after 6 years everything except your medical and cat C provisional will have expired so it’s nearly back to the beginning I’m afraid, you will need to upgrade your provisional cat C entitlement to cat C+E but there are other people here who can advise you better than I can on how to go about that.

Good luck with your new start in HGV driving

Then as tachograph has confirmed medical is still valid.

You need to email the DVLA to request an upgrade to C+E

There is a thread here about it and the email address, you then keep that email and the response email to be able to go ahead with C+E I believe so far.

If you try and contact Peter Smythe on here I am certain he will be able to help or give you all you need to get is sorted even though he is now retired mostly.

Pete S:
Pass CAT C test. Automatic grant

If no provisional currently held, apply for CAT C provisional now. It will be dealt with after 15th November and come back as CE provisional.

If you currently hold CAT C provisional, email extraprovisional@dvla.gov.uk. The email will be taken that the driver’s circumstances have not changed since the existing licence was applied for (medical conditions, residency, offences) You must state your name, driver number and date of birth.

You will receive a generic reply confirming your entitlement

The original request email and the response have to be produced when taking a driving course/test.

CAT D full licence holders will automatically gain all C classes from Nov 15th. Recommended send email to get confirmation.

DO NOT SEND EMAILS BEFORE NOV 15TH.

Hope this helps, Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Copied from Pete’s thread on here about licence change. Should be all the info you need there in that post.

Blacov89:
Well I have made a decision to try again. I had training at Pete’s driving school some 6 years ago. I did not pass despite 3 attempts still have no idea what I did wrong on my 2nd and 3rd attempt as 1st one was failed due to me scraping by the cone on the reverse. After over 5years I still bear the pain of failing so even though I found the training from Pete and his team really good as well as trucks they use.

I am not sure if should step twice in the same river. It is still an option though.

I am thinking if I could use any of my cpc modules still as I have managed to pass it but never got my card as I never made past the driving test. I want to go straight to class1 this time as it become recently possible but I am not sure about my provisional license status. I believe that my medicals should still be valid. Obviously I’d have to do the theory and hazard tests again but I am not sure what should be my next step.

Anyone have any idea where to start?

Check your driving license online for provisional license entitlement and the expiry date of it.

Depending on your age this thread may be of interest to you.