How long does the provisional last

right guys, I am looking in to getting my provisional C and D licences and I was wondering how long do both they and the medical last before you have to retake it?

regards
chris

Your provisional entitlements are valid until you are 70 but the photo part still needs renewing every 10 years. The medical is valid for 5 years.

Dont forget that the theory tests only last 2 years as well IIRC

HTH

Kev

iDriver:
Your provisional entitlements are valid until you are 70 but the photo part still needs renewing every 10 years. The medical is valid for 5 years.

so if I get my provisional now with a medical, but I then don’t learn for 6years (for example) would I need to get another medical?

kurisu:

iDriver:

so if I get my provisional now with a medical, but I then don’t learn for 6years (for example) would I need to get another medical?

Yes.

The provisional Cat C and D lasts until your 45th birthday if you are aged under 40 now. You will then need to take another medical every 5 years until you are 65. After that you will take a medical every year.

iDriver:

kurisu:

iDriver:

Yes.

surely both the provisional and medical last until your 45th birthday, and then 5 years from then, if the OP is only 20 now he wont need a new medical unless he waits till hes 46 to learn

ashcan21:

iDriver:

kurisu:

iDriver:

Yes.

surely both the provisional and medical last until your 45th birthday, and then 5 years from then, if the OP is only 20 now he wont need a new medical unless he waits till hes 46 to learn

Thats what I thought. Seeing as I had my provisional 6 years before doing my test

But if OP is 43 it will last for 5 years so could be 48 when has o take next one

Thought it was 60 then medical every yr :confused:

kurisu:
right guys, I am looking in to getting my provisional C and D licences and I was wondering how long do both they and the medical last before you have to retake it?

regards
chris

Your first medical will be valid until you’re 45 years old OR 5 years meaning if you are 42 for example it’ll be valid until you’re 47. On a pedantic note it expires the day before your birthday :slight_smile:

animal:

No, 65 was correct.

that’s what I thought, the medical lasting until the expiry of the provisional. though I do believe you need to sign a declaration every 5 years when you pass to retain your cpc.

thanks for your help guys!

mrpj:

animal:

No, 65 was correct.

So why did I have 60 in my head oh well I do have an excuse though I am getting on a bit :laughing: & not been well wish this bug would go bug someone else