I am not a truck driver!

having spent a considerable amount of time in the uk recently i have come to the conclusion that until truck drivers start to behave better then i don’t want to be labelled as truck driver.
truck driver has now become my profession - it’s what i do for a living - to earn money and it isn’t who i am - i am a respectable human being, i use a proper toilet, i shower daily and wash my hands after visiting the loo, after tipping or loading at a customers premesis i seek out the sink to clean up a bit before climbing back behind the wheel of my truck.
i have recently met some drivers that carry out the same job as me but they are unclean and have some very disgusting habits - like urinating over the wheels of the trailer or tractor unit just a few hundred yards from a proper toilet, drivers who get out of a truck to greet a customers agent and they already have dirty hands - not just a bit of dirt but they resemble car mechanics hands after a breakdown or engine rebuild.
there is no need to be like this, there are toilets and sinks at most places we deliver and collect to and from, there are plenty of service areas scattered around the motorway networks with the exception of the m25 of course.

so from now on i am a human being - a father - a husband - i am not a truck driver - thats just a job title.

Yes, I’m the same…

Spend half the day cleaning steering wheel, gear stick, and hand brake lever with cleanwipes… which reminds me :laughing:

johnny:
…and wash my hands after visiting the loo…

Not just limited to this job. The number of ‘suits’ you see never going near the sink is amazing. Straight out of the trap, often while still zipping and buckling up, and straight out the door. Then you see them in the shop buying sandwiches, crisps or sweets. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Johnny i respect what your saying…and somewhat agree…although i though u were going to tell drivers off…for their manner of driving…and how it reflects on the rest of us with joe driver.

I’m (as describe by many) a right cabin ■■■■■…fussy about the state of interior of the cab…Can’t be dealing with dirty cabs…or nasty looking vehicles…(being agency have to take me chances though)…
Getting into some regular drivers trucks…i’m just amazed…and wonder what their house is like…there the days when I’m happy to do minimum hrs

Got to agree with Coffey though… when i used to work in a factory I noted…you would see the big-headed suit boy’s/girls…show themselves up with their poor dinner table and toilet manners…still see it now…their no better

Go ahead and call yourself a truck driver…and anyone whom you tell…(so long as u’ve presented yourself well)…should have the common sense…to see you for whom you r and not just the stereotype…if they obviously do…just point out your not like the typical stereotype…

Beat u on one thing though……when I use the toilet……i always take n’ use me botty wipes……total hygiene….and……lovely fresh smelling bum…………

(Before any of u scummy bums post a reply accusing me of being gay………….u can ■■■■-off in advance………….one……just has superior standards)

i think it boils down to how you are brought up on the toilet bit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

johnny:
having spent a considerable amount of time in the uk recently i have come to the conclusion that until truck drivers start to behave better then i don’t want to be labelled as truck driver.
truck driver has now become my profession - it’s what i do for a living - to earn money and it isn’t who i am - i am a respectable human being, i use a proper toilet, i shower daily and wash my hands after visiting the loo, after tipping or loading at a customers premesis i seek out the sink to clean up a bit before climbing back behind the wheel of my truck.
i have recently met some drivers that carry out the same job as me but they are unclean and have some very disgusting habits - like urinating over the wheels of the trailer or tractor unit just a few hundred yards from a proper toilet, drivers who get out of a truck to greet a customers agent and they already have dirty hands - not just a bit of dirt but they resemble car mechanics hands after a breakdown or engine rebuild.
there is no need to be like this, there are toilets and sinks at most places we deliver and collect to and from, there are plenty of service areas scattered around the motorway networks with the exception of the m25 of course.

so from now on i am a human being - a father - a husband - i am not a truck driver - thats just a job title.

What? You only just learnt that truck drivers are like the rest of the human race , ranging from stupid and smelly to clever,smart and clean. Get yourself a life.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s an ancient right under law for ‘carters’ to pee up their wheel. So long as it be the nearside front!

Your post was another sign - if I needed it - of a changing world. The old school are dying out. The ‘precious’ mob are gaining ground. It made me laugh to be honest. Further proof that the average truck driving bloke does not post in here. Lorry driving is a broad church and attracts all sorts of people.
Maybe we should celebrate this particular diversity. I dunno.

The first time I did three consecutive nights out c. 1979 I was caught short in Aldershot. in I had to crap in newspaper in the cab - urban environment - no toilets anwhere, no pub no nowt. Nowhere to wash me hands either. I survived.

Resourcefulness required. Lorry driving was not for the squeamish. Never had been Things , like I say, have changed.

fox

Mike-C I wish I`d said that… :smiley:. But as jonny says…He IS NOT A TRUCK DRIVER :laughing:

Mike-C:

johnny:

What? You only just learnt that truck drivers are like the rest of the human race , ranging from stupid and smelly to clever,smart and clean. Get yourself a life.

you don’t see the rest of the human race standing at the pumps of a motorway service area urinating over the front bumper while they are filling up.
you don’t see mr human race throwing bottles of pee out of the window of their moving vehicle either.

truckfest peterborough brought it home as to why we are treated like lepers, big notices about the use of air horns, every entrant was also given a copy of the rules for the event, no sounding of air horns except in the arena and whilst some may be forgiven for the odd blast during the daytime - it’s sheer stupidity to carry on after 10pm when the locals may have kids in bed not to mention those other drivers that have brought their families along for a fun weekend including babies and young kids that may be in bed asleep too.

and i have a life which is exactly why i don’t want to be called a truck driver - my life seems to be very different to that of most other people that drive trucks and to all those that engage in tyre watering - why is it that when you do decide to visit a proper toilet you won’t stand next to another driver using a pisor and prefer to use a toilet cubicle and pee all over the damned seat?

harry:
Mike-C I wish I`d said that… :smiley:. But as jonny says…He IS NOT A TRUCK DRIVER :laughing:

if the title truck driver requires you to expose yourself in public by peeing up the side of your truck then no i most certainly am not a truck driver.

Learn from the French. You definitely do not expose yourself. If that were the case I would agree with you…

Blimey! what a load of old tripe.
Like I said, it’s a broad church. Entry is relatively easy, you need a certain aptitude and that’s it.
Don’t beat yerself up because your ilk contian individuals who are phillistines and uncouthed. Celebrate your own civility and flash them a glance of disdain.
They will not change. You need not conform.

This obviously troubles you deeply. Live life in your own furrow and let those aorund you follow their own road to damnation and the land of the brainless slob.
I regularly have a pee at the roadside though - does it mean I’m also a barbarian? I’d have thought not.

fox

It’s when you get in a cab and it’s such a ■■■■ hole you think i may as well ■■■■ in here it wouldnt make any difference, actually it might rinse some of the filth out and improve the smell.

Cant say that I see the problem, I pee in laybys all the time but make sure no one sees me. By the time youve pulled in a garage found a park and walked over to the toilet. had a full strip wash and powdered yourself you could be 20 miles down the road.

Mind you if using wetwipes makes you gay then Cooee driver!!! I use about two packs a week, best invention ever. With wet wipes and a single cup of hot water When circumstances force I can have a full wash, shave and hairwash in the cab and emerge looking and smelling like the Rose I am. Byeeeee

SuperSmiley:
Beat u on one thing though……when I use the toilet……i always take n’ use me botty wipes……total hygiene….and……lovely fresh smelling bum…………

(Before any of u scummy bums post a reply accusing me of being gay………….u can [zb]-off in advance………….one……just has superior standards)

Your not alone there mate, and im not gay ether :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I also use and think they are better for cleaning the seat before i use the toilet, as its more than likely that some dirty skanky ■■■■ pig has ■■■■■■ all over the toilet seat - dirty ■■■■■■■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

johnny:

Ho boy I can see you are a new driver that likes to polish your cab inside and out 5 hrs a day. and don’t like getting your hands dirty. There is nothing wrong in what other people do in their minds so why should you bother about it,

In the old days (1965) in the cafes bogs there was never any soap, towels and cold water if the taps worked at all, so one had to get used to having dirty hands. I never suffered from anything, have never been ill in my life, and still alive and kicking to prove it,

So holding what you have in your hands to take a leak and not washing them after won’t harm you after all they are your own germs There is still firms that will not let drivers use the bogs. I know I have delivered to some of them

Many a time i have been caught short and had to use the wheel, however i dont make a habbit out of it… The unrine stinkin services is just amazing why cant people walk from the truck parking to the toilet? it beyond me. I can understand if you are in timbuk2.

Sometimes if had to curl one out in a carrier bag in the back of the trailer… only when times are tough, or close lol. But i will seek a bog out before going to those lengths.

With the MSA’s getting bettter toilets (or so they say) there is getting no need to whizz or crap everywhere.

Phil

mate of mine was loading at Lofthouses at Fleetwood, the fishermans freind people, he needed a number 2 and they wouldn’t allow him entry to the facilities cos it was all white suits and silly hats for hygene reason.

it used to be a 4 hour load with a 40 box

he climbed under the trailer and curled one out over the back axle

left it as a present for them when he pulled out

I’m sure we can all recount tales of getting caught short and having to take emergency action :wink: :smiley: but that is very different to those who can’t be bothered to walk a short distance to use a toilet, or those who do use the toilet but then walk straight past the sink. What is even stranger is those who pull up in the services, get out and use the wheel as a urinal and then walk into the building. If they were going in anyway couldn’t they just have waited a minute?