Hoyer vacancy

jobs.hoyer.uk.com/vacancy-details?v=117752

Might be of use to someone as they include full training, shifts look dyer IMHO

That rota looks really ■■■■

Sploom:
That rota looks really [zb]

Yes, I’ve never understood why these firms don’t put drivers who want to work day shifts on the day shift, and drivers who want to work night shifts on the night shift. It’s clearly an unsafe working practice to have a shift pattern like this but presumably because there are no regulations controlling it and therefore no liability if a driver is involved in a fatigue-related accident, it doesn’t matter.

Shifts look alright to me. On average 3.5 shifts a week, 28 in total over a seven week period.

That’s 8 extra days off over a seven week period than if you were working Monday to Friday, and nearly 60 extra days off over the year

Jimmy McNulty:
Shifts look alright to me. On average 3.5 shifts a week, 28 in total over a seven week period.

That’s 8 extra days off over a seven week period than if you were working Monday to Friday, and nearly 60 extra days off over the year

Each to there own i guess, it’s the pattern rather than the amount I would t commit to

one of the benefits it says all the usual stuff. then says bp fuel card. any one any ideas?
do they get cheap fuel or something?

edd1974:
one of the benefits it says all the usual stuff. then says bp fuel card. any one any ideas?
do they get cheap fuel or something?

I guess they would pay the bunker price rather than the forecourt price and this would be less, although only down to about the level of supermarket fuel.

That shift pattern is infinitely better than the one the Hoyer driver posted on here during the tanker driver’s strike a few years ago, you must remember that thread where so many alleged drivers here were having a go at the strikers for daring to expect to keep their wages at a decent level and instead should have been glad to come down to subsistence level :unamused:

Much as i wouldn’t want to swap shifts like that, if you only covered the odd OT shift, maybe a max of 2 a month, it’s not a bad deal.

While this paticular one is no good for me as im out of the catchment area but i have thought about doing it. Has anyone done this type ofwork before. what are the pitfalls of actualy doing the job. I assume given the shift pattern its going to be 60 hour weeks and a couple of times in the last month i have seen a tanker parked up clearly on his daily rest around the corner from my local petrol station. Do they do one delivery (ie the full load) and then back to where ever to get the next one or is it delivery of part loads.

cooper1203:
I assume given the shift pattern its going to be 60 hour weeks

It says in the advert Average 32 hours per week with potential for overtime

Harry Monk:

cooper1203:
I assume given the shift pattern its going to be 60 hour weeks

It says in the advert Average 32 hours per week with potential for overtime

sorry missed that bit was too busy working out if 60 hours a week was possible on that rota

Didn’t the last thread about Hoyer, about the strikes, have a rota where there was days and nights grouped in the same run of work, ie between rest days (so two day shifts followed by night shifts then rest days) or is my memory fuzzy? I remember looking at that and going stuff that but in more fruity less forum friendly language.

So yeah its defo an improvement but I agree with Harry in the sense that surely it’s not beyond possibility to give people who want days a day rota and those who want nights a night rota?

Lots of people do those shift patterns , when I was in engineering you would often work a night / day shift pattern , or early / day / night pattern , 6-2 ,2-10/10 -6 ( rolling ) nights could be 7x12 hrs ( 2xo/t ) , days 7x12 hrs , though you could also do 6-2 , 5 days
Daughter nurse does earlies / lates / long day / nights
This week
Mon nights 7 pm - 7 am
Tues nights 7 pm-7 am
Wed - rest
Thurs long day 7 am - 7 pm
Fri - rest
Sat long day 7am - 7 pm
Sun long day 7 am -7pm
That’s her rota for the week , next week who knows , could be earlies , nights / days , fri / sat / sun night
I’ve worked days / night lorry driving , that shift pattern doesnt look anything different to what a lot of people do
I think lots of drivers have got that attitude that were the only workers who do a days work , when plenty of others do shifts , days / night / earlies / lates

Do the Fire & Rescue Service not do 4x12hr shifts two dayshifts 0700/1900 then two nightshifts 1900/0700 or at least they did do!!!
They are Police forces across UK do the same near sure.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Each to there own I suppose.

Looks a brutal shift pattern.

Do know how you can plan anything around crazy shifts like that

Probably awesome if you have no life no wife or kids

Big Truck:
Do the Fire & Rescue Service not do 4x12hr shifts two dayshifts 0700/1900 then two nightshifts 1900/0700 or at least they did do!!!

Nightshift on a crewed firestation involves sleeping unless on a shout.

dozy:
Lots of people do those shift patterns , when I was in engineering you would often work a night / day shift pattern , or early / day / night pattern , 6-2 ,2-10/10 -6 ( rolling ) nights could be 7x12 hrs ( 2xo/t ) , days 7x12 hrs , though you could also do 6-2 , 5 days
This week
Mon nights 7 pm - 7 am
Tues nights 7 pm-7 am
Wed - rest
Fri - rest
Sat long day 7am - 7 pm
Sun long day 7 am -7pm
That’s her rota for the week , next week who knows , could be earlies , nights / days , fri / sat / sun night
I’ve worked days / night lorry driving , that shift pattern doesnt look anything different to what a lot of people do
I think lots of drivers have got that attitude that were the only workers who do a days work , when plenty of others do shifts , days / night / earlies / lates

Yes, but the point is that where I work the trucks are double shifted, there are day drivers (of which I am one) and night drivers.

The day drivers want to work day shift, and the night drivers want to work night shift. Both groups work the shift that best suits their work/life balance. I can’t imagine that many drivers benefit from having constantly changing work patterns so why don’t they just plan the work around this?

Harry Monk:

dozy:
This week
Mon nights 7 pm - 7 am
Tues nights 7 pm-7 am
Wed - rest
Fri - rest
Sat long day 7am - 7 pm
Sun long day 7 am -7pm

Yes, but the point is that where I work the trucks are double shifted, there are day drivers (of which I am one) and night drivers.

The day drivers want to work day shift, and the night drivers want to work night shift. Both groups work the shift that best suits their work/life balance. I can’t imagine that many drivers benefit from having constantly changing work patterns so why don’t they just plan the work around this?

They could if you had ex 5 drivers who wanted to do days / 5 who wanted to do nights , but in my experience most want days , ie if you work 5 nights it takes you into 6/7 am sat , then you need sleep , if you stay up your falling asleep at 18.09 , go a bed & half of sat gone , try sleeping in the summer when the bloke next door is cutting his grass
I know what your getting at Harry , I’m just saying we’re far from the only industry / job thatdo those shifts , in my experience there’s plenty of jobs that work those shifts

msgyorkie:

Big Truck:

Nightshift on a crewed firestation involves sleeping unless on a shout.

Kev who’s a fireman at local fire station also works as a Porter at the hospital , does 2 jobs , if you put the suggestion to most lorry drivers to do 2 jobs you can just imagine the answer

Johny5alive:
Each to there own I suppose.

Looks a brutal shift pattern.

Do know how you can plan anything around crazy shifts like that

Probably awesome if you have no life no wife or kids

Sorry just to check because I’m thinking it’s the sort of shift pattern that suits a man with a wife and kids are you proposing 70 hours and 4 nights out, maybe a Saturday run in or Sunday run out would be better?

Just to add I did a brief stint for Hoyer albeit not on fuel and not only was the Monday to Friday 60-65 hour weeks not very family friendly it was also possibly the worst I’ve ever earned in transport, very close to Turners of Soham wages.

Stuck in the dark ages at Hoyer unfortunately as far as treating drivers go, which is a shame.

I get the 39k on supermarket work without having to worry about dangerous chemicals or a flammable bomb behind my back, it’s as boring as ■■■■ but I’m not doing much more than the 32 hour weeks they quote and I don’t have to switch between days and nights just shows how far companies like Hoyer are the problem when it comes to getting people into and sticking to the industry.