Hoyer atkinson borderer

JAMESMCC:
barnes of rawtenstall had a borderer wrecker it was a tractor unit converted, was on a g-plate through being re-registered i do have some pics somewhere… but does anyone know where it is now?

i have looked at my photos and can not fine any trucks that have that name, so i carnt help. mybe if i see a pic of it.

JAMESMCC:
barnes of rawtenstall had a borderer wrecker it was a tractor unit converted, was on a g-plate through being re-registered
i do have some pics somewhere… but does anyone know where it is now?

I remember that motor being advertised for sale, but I haven’t seen it for years. It was actually a Mk.1 Atkinson, not a Borderer. I do
have a pic of it, although not to hand, and I recall the reg as being something like F234 CVM. I’ve no idea how they managed to
register it like that, and not on a Q-plate, as the regulations on re-registering old vehicles, and on age-related registration marks
in general, changed in 1983 to prevent such things!

I parked next to it at an event in Leyland once and I remember scrutinising the factory chassis plate. As I recall, the plate suggested
that it had started life as a rigid 6-wheeler. Whatever its origins, I understand that it had been rebuilt into its recovery format by
Walsh & Dearden of Darwen.

Me a gentleman Deiseldave !!! If you are looking for a sub ,try faslane…All the Atkis we had the exhaust was under the bumper, as for battery box dont remember even seeing one.

road-ranger:
hia, dose anyone no the owner of JMU 266K, a 1971 atkinson borderer? and if he may sell the truck? thanks

goin off the subject has any one drove a daf. i have an 05reg 2moz? not sure what it is but its a bigish cab,lol and a think it has a 460 ■■■■■■■ al take a pic.

road-ranger:
last time i spoke to gary he said that he had a few project to do. he wanted to start on the holt lane 8wheeler i think. going back to cabs, gary is very good at them, and very modist too. that miners rescue is a very nice truck but it needs a load because a think the uprated springs if empty will bounce. i would love the truck but i am not into the RR. it HAS to be ■■■■■■■■

Gary rang me yesterday about the cab so he must be ready to get going on something. I think he’s having a few windscreens off me too.

I know what you mean about the suspension - mine has the underslung suspension (10 leaves) and is absolutely rock hard. Hit a pot hole and you’re out of your seat :open_mouth: 240 Gardners test weights solve the problem though! :laughing:

killsville:

road-ranger:
I know what you mean about the suspension - mine has the underslung suspension (10 leaves) and is absolutely rock hard.
Hit a pot hole and you’re out of your seat :open_mouth: 240 Gardners test weights solve the problem though! :laughing:

Didn’t slow Ethel down much, though, did they?? :wink:

Still, that’s what comes of having a proper engine and not a ■■■■■■■ that’s nailed to the floor :laughing:

Mr. Gardner your encyclapedic knowledge astounds me! your quite right on the reg!! just realised i typed g! meant f!! i have pics from the show in leyland… was said atki next to a brand new seddon 211?
regards
james

240 Gardner:

Still, that’s what comes of having a proper engine and not a ■■■■■■■ that’s nailed to the floor :laughing:

Ethel certainly pulled them well - much better than my ■■■■■■■■ Wonder what they would have gone like behind Terry Godbolds ■■■■■■■■ or Huddys for that matter?! :laughing:

killsville:

240 Gardner:

Ethel certainly pulled them well - much better than my ■■■■■■■■ Wonder what they would have gone like behind
Terry Godbolds ■■■■■■■■ or Huddys for that matter?! :laughing:

Ah, forced induction - that’s not fair!

And, for the uninitiated, “Ethel” had a 150 Gardner that was firmly convinced that it was a 240!

killsville:

road-ranger:
Gary rang me yesterday about the cab so he must be ready to get going on something. I think he’s having a few windscreens off me too.

I know what you mean about the suspension - mine has the underslung suspension (10 leaves) and is absolutely rock hard. Hit a pot hole and you’re out of your seat :open_mouth: 240 Gardners test weights solve the problem though! :laughing:[/quote

do you plan to do your cab?

road-ranger:
do you plan to do your cab?

Do ‘I’ plan to do it? NO!

Do I plan to enlist the help of friends? YES!

240 Gardner:

And, for the uninitiated, “Ethel” had a 150 Gardner that was firmly convinced that it was a 240!

Forced induction on a bigger and newer engine - cheating it was, but it did have the desired effect. I remember Terry Godbold passing me over Saddleworth on the M62. I was running bobtail at about 55mph and he flew past me like I was stood still and he had two units on the trailer. When I enquired as to his actual speed , he replied, “Oh not very quick - I was only doing about 85!”

I remember what you said about Ethel thinking she was a 240. Whatever she was, she always sounded well!

john works as a fitter at huddersfield where the atki is stored along with other wagons he has restored and some he sells on. was sat watching tv in the cab one night in hudds when he came round the corner in this.

drove it onto a low loader as i belive he had just sold it, a nice chap who seemed to spend every waking hour working on his motors (outside working hours!.. :laughing: )…pete

wirralpete:
john works as a fitter at huddersfield where the atki is stored along with other wagons he has restored and some he sells on. was sat watching tv in the cab one night in hudds when he came round the corner in this.

drove it onto a low loader as i belive he had just sold it, a nice chap who seemed to spend every waking hour working on his motors (outside working hours!.. :laughing: )…pete

thanks for that. are you in contact with John then? do you think he would sell the hoyer truck? thanks

hi road ranger,
unfourtunatly i dont have his number as i left hoyers over 18 months ago, however the number for the office is 01484 548 221. sure they can put you through to the workshop. or give you a number to contact the workshop office. as for him selling it, i wouldnt have a clue mate…pete

wirralpete:
hi road ranger,
unfourtunatly i dont have his number as i left hoyers over 18 months ago, however the number for the office is 01484 548 221. sure they can put you through to the workshop. or give you a number to contact the workshop office. as for him selling it, i wouldnt have a clue mate…pete[/quot

ok thanks for that, i will give them a ring.

killsville:

240 Gardner:
I remember what you said about Ethel thinking she was a 240. Whatever she was, she always sounded well!

A good old 150, but fitted with high conpression turbo pistons and a 180 pump, and properly set up by “Dr.” John Killingbeck :sunglasses:

JAMESMCC:
Mr. Gardner your encyclapedic knowledge astounds me! your quite right on the reg!! just realised i typed g!
meant f!! i have pics from the show in leyland… was said atki next to a brand new seddon 211?
regards
james

I know, it’s sad being an anorak, isn’t it?? :wink:

To be perfectly honest, James, it’s so long ago that I can’t remember what was parked where! I recall that it came along to a few
events, probably around 1990. Must try to find my photos of it!

killsville:

240 Gardner:

Forced induction on a bigger and newer engine - cheating it was, but it did have the desired effect. I remember Terry Godbold passing me over Saddleworth on the M62. I was running bobtail at about 55mph and he flew past me like I was stood still and he had two units on the trailer. When I enquired as to his actual speed , he replied, “Oh not very quick - I was only doing about 85!”

what engine and box did Terry Godbold have then??

wirralpete:

that Scammell looks really sound - where’s it been?- i think it was for sale in CVC a while ago