Hoyer atkinson borderer

Wheel Nut:

dieseldave:
That takes me back a while. :grimacing:

Front mounted exhaust but no visible firescreen or rear window clips Dave.

:laughing: :laughing: Well spotted Malc. :smiley:

:blush: :blush: TBF, I’d missed those. :wink:

Isn’t it strange what strikes you first about a pic??
For me it was the blue airline.:grimacing:

Well if it,s history is in waste paper, that could explain the front mounted exhaust. it was probably like that to act as a spark arrestor.

But to be honest I thought that small sticker on the right hand side rear of the cab was Drum Engineering.

Isn’t it strange what strikes you first about a pic??

I think I was looking for the installation of a compressor. We had an ex Hipwood and Grundy ERF and it had a gravity oil feed to the cargo compressor mounted on the rear of the cab.

Whatever it was. This is a beautiful example of a fairly recent working truck, even down to the original rear lamps and period mirrors.

Wheel Nut:
… the original rear lamps…

Ahh, I remember the Rubbolites well, but were they fitted as original equipment? (I’m not sure. :confused: )

Wheel Nut:
Front mounted exhaust but no visible firescreen or rear window clips Dave.

The exhausts were always mounted there on Atki’s - well at least on everyone I have seen! See picture below

dieseldave:
:shock: Blimey!! A blue air susie. :open_mouth:

Are the airline taps still there too. :question:

That’s a cracking picture too road-ranger, many thanks for sharing it. :smiley:

yeh the taps are.
not sure how original the battery box is tho.

killsville:

road-ranger:
thanks for that. i am wanting an atki with the ■■■■■■ and fuller box.

If I wasn’t so attached to it, I sell you my Atki!

well if you change your mind. just mail or post. :smiley:

road-ranger:

killsville:

road-ranger:

If I wasn’t so attached to it, I sell you my Atki!

well if you change your mind. just mail or post. :smiley:

OK! The cab needs doing though! :laughing: :wink:

nianiamh recently put a post on about an atki wrecker thats been refurbed by his mate,who intends to use it as a workin truck

killsville:

road-ranger:

killsville:

road-ranger:

OK! The cab needs doing though! :laughing: :wink:[/quot

have you done a cab before? are they difficult to do?

road-ranger:

dieseldave:

yeh the taps are.
not sure how original the battery box is tho.

Hi road-ranger, thanks for the exrta pic. :smiley:

I had an idea that the air-line taps might still be there. :wink:

I’m not sure about the battery-box either mate, TBH I can’t remember what an original one looked like. :blush:

Wheel Nut or willie_mac will know though. :smiley:

dieseldave:

road-ranger:

dieseldave:

I had an idea that the air-line taps might still be there. :wink:

I’m not sure about the battery-box either mate, TBH I can’t remember what an original one looked like. :blush:

it should be a tray with 2 sides that run to a small lip at the front with a bakelite top with a big A in it. a think :laughing:

road-ranger:
have you done a cab before? are they difficult to do?

I haven’t personally, but I know a few who have. And to answer your main question, YES! I do believe they are difficult to do! Everything has to be spot on or the doors and windscreens don’t fit!

road-ranger:
it should be a tray with 2 sides that run to a small lip at the front with a bakelite top with a big A in it. a think :laughing:

This picture shows what the battery box should look like. Indeed, the top does have a big A moulded into it.

dieseldave:

I don’t think so Dave. I have been ottering on about the exhaust and it seems I got it wrong.

The only picture I have of an Atki I cannot see the exhaust. I probably fell into the old trap of seeing the Hoyer livery and thinking:

Ah! Pet Regs :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair the battery box does look fabricated

Wheel Nut:
I don’t think so Dave. I have been ottering on about the exhaust and it seems I got it wrong.

I’m not so sure you’re wrong Malc. :smiley:
The only Borderer I drove had the transverse exhaust, BTW that doesn’t even mean I’m dead sure about that. :grimacing:
As for it being a standard fitting, who knows?
(But I’ll find out by launching a PM to a certain Scottish gentleman. :wink: )

Wheel Nut:
The only picture I have of an Atki I cannot see the exhaust. I probably fell into the old trap of seeing the Hoyer livery and thinking:

I’m still not convinced you’re wrong Malc, because a fair few Borderers had the transverse exhaust mounted up under/behind the front bumper.
Then of course, there are the old Pet Regs as you said…:grimacing:

Wheel Nut:
To be fair the battery box does look fabricated

Agreed, now we’ve had something pretty definitive about that, still, it’s a nice tidy job that looks good and that’s what counts. :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldave:

Something wrong if it didn’t have both those features!

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

I’m not so sure you’re wrong Malc. :smiley:
The only Borderer I drove had the transverse exhaust, BTW that doesn’t even

Wheel Nut:

I’m still not convinced you’re wrong Malc, because a fair few Borderers had the transverse exhaust mounted up under/behind the front bumper.
Then of course, there are the old Pet Regs as you said…:grimacing:

as much as i no, the exhaust’s were all fitted at the front. unless they were changed later and if they had the ■■■■■■■ 290 or the RR 290. they had to go up the back of the cab so there could be a blower fitted? a have an old pic of the truck, and i carnt see the exhaust mounted there on this pic? has it been put there to make it look like petrol regs

road-ranger:

Did you take this photo of Gary Kershaws ex-mines rescue Borderer then?

Theres some good stories behind this motor. Gary must be doing another Borderer - he is having the cab frame from an ex Killingbeck motor that is currently sat in my garage.

killsville:

road-ranger:
Did you take this photo of Gary Kershaws ex-mines rescue Borderer then?

last time i spoke to gary he said that he had a few project to do. he wanted to start on the holt lane 8wheeler i think. going back to cabs, gary is very good at them, and very modist too. that miners rescue is a very nice truck but it needs a load because a think the uprated springs if empty will bounce. i would love the truck but i am not into the RR. it HAS to be ■■■■■■■■

barnes of rawtenstall had a borderer wrecker it was a tractor unit converted, was on a g-plate through being re-registered i do have some pics somewhere… but does anyone know where it is now?