How to use a tacho

Hi guys can anyone please tell me how do you use a tacho. Iv got the card and I put it in a works truck to see if it was working ok but with what came up made no sence to me :frowning:

this as to be even better than,its my 1st night,how do i get from newcastle to birmingham…il put the kettle on and await the repies with baited breath… :unamused:

Sorry to sound a ■■■■■■ but when I took my C class test they told me how to use the old tacho when you have to put the paper disc in but not the digital card :frowning:

Type 1 - Digital Tachograph Simulator

Type 2 - Siemens Digital Tachograph (Youtube Videos)

devonlad2009:
Sorry to sound a ■■■■■■ but when I took my C class test they told me how to use the old tacho when you have to put the paper disc in but not the digital card :frowning:

apologies if its genuine,i assumed someone just got flung out the pub after a lunchtime session,all answers revealed in the last reply though…goodluck…

dieseldog999:

devonlad2009:

apologies if its genuine,i assumed someone just got flung out the pub after a lunchtime session,all answers revealed in the last reply though…goodluck…

I personally think

I would have thought the same. Finding this site and going to the various thread leaders let alone everything on you tube etc

My training company didn’t even show us how to use a tacho. Apart from that they were good.

nah its pants if you pass your Mod 2 and Mod 4 as you don’t physically get to use a digi tacho. The first time is when your in a job and it can be very scary if you’ve never used one before (been there done that). They other guys at the place where i worked didn’t believe me when i told them ive never used one before and asked how come i didn’t get shown when doing the 35 hours etc. They didn’t realise all new people do is pass case studies test which is just a clicking session on a comp and show an examiner a few things at the test centre which necessary don’t include tacho.

CMB82:
My training company didn’t even show us how to use a tacho. Apart from that they were good.

Same here :smiley:

Dazza1980:
nah its pants if you pass your Mod 2 and Mod 4 as you don’t physically get to use a digi tacho. The first time is when your in a job and it can be very scary if you’ve never used one before (been there done that). They other guys at the place where i worked didn’t believe me when i told them ive never used one before and asked how come i didn’t get shown when doing the 35 hours etc. They didn’t realise all new people do is pass case studies test which is just a clicking session on a comp and show an examiner a few things at the test centre which necessary don’t include tacho.

Thanks Dazza1980 now I don’t feel as much as a ■■■■■■ :smiley:

CMB82:

Well did you not ask

nick2008:

CMB82:

Well did you not ask

Yeah I did but I shouldn’t have had to to be honest. They said dont worry about it like it is a piece of ■■■■ to use. They are a reputable company as well. :smiley:

CMB82:

nick2008:

CMB82:

Well did you not ask

Yeah I did but I shouldn’t have had to to be honest. They said dont worry about it like it is a piece of ■■■■ to use. They are a reputable company as well. :smiley:

Well a piece of p I would expect it would have been even easier for them to show you if they were / are that good

But as I said I was shown but was the old style paper disc not the digital one

I can atest to that. First time out I didn’t have a clue how to use them.

tachograph:

Thanks tachograph with that simulador think iv got the hang of it. So if I want to change from driving/working to break do I just press the 1 button till I get the break symbol?

devonlad2009:

tachograph:

Thanks tachograph with that simulador think iv got the hang of it. So if I want to change from driving/working to break do I just press the 1 button till I get the break symbol?

That’s right, just press the 1 button to change activities, just like analogue tachographs driving will be recorded automatically when the vehicle moves then the tachograph will revert back to other work when the vehicle stops moving.

Be aware that the simulator is a type 1 digital tachograph, those were the first tachographs that became compulsory in 2006/7, the youtube videos show a type 2 digital tachograph which are slightly different, the main difference is in the fact that on type 2 tachographs you record your rest periods whereas on type 1 tachographs you don’t, there’s also a slight difference in manual entries.

I should probably explain that the specifications for digital tachographs changed slightly in 2012, that’s whey there are type 1 and type 2 digital tachographs.

There are some good youtube videos on how to use them.

that’s bad though that the schools don’t teach you one of most basic functions you do in driving :open_mouth: ie record keeping in the use of a tachograph be it almost all vehicles you’ll use will more than likely be a digital…

nick2008:
that’s bad though that the schools don’t teach you one of most basic functions you do in driving :open_mouth: ie record keeping in the use of a tachograph be it almost all vehicles you’ll use will more than likely be a digital…

I do agree with you there nick2008 but that’s prob how they get more money out of you by doing the tacho course