How to get experience?

Hello drivers! I know that you are realy pro drivers, so can you advice me, how to became a driver as well, if no any agency or company dont want recruit new people without experience? Where I call to companies, or apply to agiences, they said me, sorry but we cant help you ;/ Maybe do you know some agiencies or companies to London, which take people without experience to job? Thank you a lot

Often this is down to insurers unwilling to insure newly qualified drivers or those under age 25

When you have HELD the licence for 2 years and are over age 25 more doors seem to open

Being in the right place at the right time or having contacts within the industry is how many get work but that work is likely to be as and when because full time permanent jobs are becoming a rarity these days

when i passed i took a class 2 job where they also run class one got my chance that way then after i had some experience i found class one full time

POLITICALLY …

When the Govt decide to address the issue of the number of jobs versus the number of people then we will have better prospects

Either create more jobs (not likely) or reduce the number of people (easily possible) are the only solutions

Get out the EU and close the gates

ROG:
POLITICALLY …

When the Govt decide to address the issue of the number of jobs versus the number of people then we will have better prospects

Either create more jobs (not likely) or reduce the number of people (easily possible) are the only solutions

well said rog might not be politically correct but its the only way as you say close the gate

Im over 25 years old, got all necessary documents: Tacho card, CPC, truck license.... But i look whats not enought. So i have to wait 2 years more, what I could to get easier job...Its not fear

what area are you from

RvN:
Im over 25 years old, got all necessary documents: Tacho card, CPC, truck license.... But i look whats not enought. So i have to wait 2 years more, what I could to get easier job...Its not fear

A full time perm job is very unlikely so what you are most likely looking at is agency work which may or may not give you a decent living BUT there is always that chance so dont give up

Try loading the boot of your car with all that you will need for a day or for a night out and knock on doors especially at 630 am on a monday morning when they find out that a driver has not turned in and they need a driver now !!

East London, i send a lot of cw, called some agencies, but nothing get back. But i still alive and wont give up !

Sending out CVs is not the way - deliver them in person after getting to speak to the person that does the hiring is the way to do it

It won`t be annoying way? Most managers says fill applications online, and if u will be successful applicant we will contact with you.

RvN:
It won`t be annoying way? Most managers says fill applications online, and if u will be successful applicant we will contact with you.

If they advertise a job that is usually the way but my suggestion is to cold call those who are not advertising

I would still try and deliver the CV or application by hand and try to have a word if reasonably possible - it shows initiative

RvN:
East London,i send a lot of cw, called some agencies, but nothing get back. But i still alive and wont give up !

Like Poland maybe?

We took a lad on under 25 and the insurance excess was only an extra £500.00 ( about 5 years ago now). We came to an agreement that if it was necessary he would pay the additional excess.

As a way of showing willing, it might be an idea to offer to do the same for the chance of the experience.

Another one of our lads started as a van driver, took his truck test off his own bat and when a vacancy came up for a Class 1, he was the logical choice. Van driving may not be what you want to do, but if it’s a firm with a mixed fleet, it may be the way forward either as above or the day they want someone to cover.

And yes, go and knock on doors.

ROG:
POLITICALLY …

From todays Daily Telegraph

Unemployment fell by 82,000 between August and October, to 2.51m, the Office for National Statistics said.
The number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance — considered a more timely measure of unemployment — also fell by 3,000 to 1.58m last month, the figures showed.
In recent months unemployment falls have been attributed in part to a large number of people working part-time because they could not find full-time work, raising fears of “underemployment” in Britain.
However, the latest ONS figures show that the number of people forced to work part-time because they cannot find full-time work has decreased by 20,000, to 1.41m.
The number of people in temporary jobs because they couldn’t find a permanent job has also fallen by 8,000 to 650,000, the figures showed.

In a further sign that “underemployment” may be easing, self-employment fell by 23,000 to 4,200, the ONS figures showed.
Overall, part-time work — which is at a near-record high — fell by 4,000 over the period to 8.12m. The bulk of the rise in employment came from permanent employees; the number of employees in the labour market shot up by 47,000 to 25.12m, the ONS said.
Net employment overall rose by 40,000 — taking the total number of people in work, including self-employment and part-timers, to a record 29.6m.

DrivingMissDaisy:

RvN:
East London,i send a lot of cw, called some agencies, but nothing get back. But i still alive and wont give up !

Like Poland maybe?

Right I don’t mean to be picky or spiteful but if your spoken English is of the same standard as your written English this could be part of the problem, I live with a girl who has English as a second language and she has no problems at all securing employment as she can’t speak and write English as well if not better in some cases than a born and bred Brit. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Orys maybe you should have gained a couple or years experience in your own country and then come to try for a job in England.

Try harder.

RvN:
East London, i send a lot of cw, called some agencies, but nothing get back. But i still alive and wont give up !

Yeh I hav that problem too. best thing is 1st visit second call and third email these are the best way to get a response cv sayingI have no experiance waste of time be prepared to be thick skinned as you will get alot of knock backs starting out

First Im not from Poland. Second I dont need yours useless advices. Third I ask for help, but no for court. Thank you for considering me.

Agency will be your best bet with zero experience! Other than that,visit hauliers direct apply for as many jobs on Indeed or jobcentreplus and be patient! HTH :wink:
Do you have a car? Where in East London are you? Plenty of companies around Barking,Canning Town etc