How to drop a trailer

i’ve heard this crap so many times. :unamused:
when you drop a trailer, raise the suspention, just a tad. enough to compensate for the weight on the neck. but not so much that it will cause a problem for the next man.
also, be aware that some trailers leak air, and the arse end will drop.

that is why most drivers mone about the pin being too high.
so, it’s simple, put the trailer brake on, then connect the airlines, let the suspension on the trailer rise, then use the lever to raise it a bit more, the trailer will pivot on its legs, and you will be able to hook up.

how hard is it for some drivers to use a bit of [zb]in brain power?

limeyphil:
i’ve heard this crap so many times. :unamused:
when you drop a trailer, raise the suspention, just a tad. enough to compensate for the weight on the neck. but not so much that it will cause a problem for the next man.
also, be aware that some trailers leak air, and the arse end will drop.

that is why most drivers mone about the pin being too high.
so, it’s simple, put the trailer brake on, then connect the airlines, let the suspension on the trailer rise, then use the lever to raise it a bit more, the trailer will pivot on its legs, and you will be able to hook up.

how hard is it for some drivers to use a bit of [zb]in brain power?

That was my point, if you read the comments properly I said i inflated the airbags and watched them go up. trailer was still too high for unit and had to wind the legs down to get under it.
I was using my brain power and I was commenting on how some drivers don’t even seem to know the basics.
Raise the unit suspension before you drop the trailer :question:

dowahdiddyman:
We have a driver who when he`s dropped a trailer always dumps the air suspension on it, bleedin pain in the arris.

Takes about 5 ton off the legs depending on load of course.

lot of drivers will do this if they want to keep the runners nice and clean, I know few from my last place of work, always trailers was drop higher then normal, they revers in to parking space, raise up drop the legs move and then lover the unit to ground then pull away from trailer, one thing I can say is watch out for them as is very easy to miss the pin