How often do you get pulled by vosa?

:smiley: only twice in 12 years, but the last one was dead insultive, i was going from fradley to driffield, an i seen them in my mirror , nothing to worry about, any way they tugged me an asked if they could get in the cab, asked a few tacho questions then said this wpc would like a word an they got out, now i am a proper ■■■■■■■■ and we have a accent between english scots an a geordie top this off with i am 50+ grey/white.ish and a wee bit heavy, and it turned out she was part of immigration she wanted know where i lived where i slept midweek, where i was born, an did i have the right to work in the uk,
well ar wus reet upset man like thu nose, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
and it was a stobby wagon

Not been stopped by Vosa for over 6 years now… :wink: :wink:

I was never stopped by no-one when driving a lorry. I was stopped twice by Police in my car - once in Glasgow, once in Bulgaria. And once in Poland for speeding :blush:

Vosa operate a traffic light system now. Companies are rated either red, amber or green according to things such as how often a company might come to their attention for misdemeanours. If your company is rated red you’re pretty much guaranteed a tug.

orys:
I was never stopped by no-one when driving a lorry. I was stopped twice by Police in my car - once in Glasgow, once in Bulgaria. And once in Poland for speeding :blush:

That makes 3 times Orys… :wink:
Bloody Poles cant count… :grimacing:

That is correct about the traffic light system. Even so the guy I work for only operates 3 trucks but he still got pulled himself last week, personally I haven’t been pulled in ages but I have noticed a hell of a lot more sites are open every day now. I don’t mind driving past them anyway, nothing to hide. Tacho’s are all 100% Truck is an Actros 53 plate with a scruffy trailer but they seem more interested in others. The problem I have with VOSA is pettyness. When they pulled my mate / boss the other day the guy was harping on at him saying that he should have the dog chain on the fifth wheel, he went on to say it’s a grey area as the newish units have the safety mechanism on them anyway (which by the way is more safer than a chain) but if the chain is there as well then that must be on, and because that was the only thing the VOSA guy could find he had to harp on about it being an infringement. That’s my only problem with them, they have to find something wrong no matter how petty. They can’t say, you look after your wagons as I can see, nice one, see you later driver.

DAF95XF:

orys:

That makes 3 times Orys… :wink:
Bloody Poles cant count… :grimacing:

I was stopped TWICE to be just checked and ONCE for speeding. That’s indeed three altogether, but I wasn’t expected that speeding counts.

i once got pulled ont hei once got pulled over on the 556, in a plain white fridge class 2… when they saw i was working for the coop they just let me thou with no checks.

i drive for an irish firm and some weeks get stopped on dailey basis and some week not at all. it all about knowing were they wait for you :laughing:

three times in 10 years.no problems luckily.i have noticed an increased VOSA presence lately.they must be on a purge.ive seen them out in force in avonmouth the last few weeks.you have been warned :wink:

In the last 20 odd years I’ve only been pulled in three times, once at Stirling and Crawford,and once by a mobile vosa in Hillington.

simon0707:
i drive for an irish firm and some weeks get stopped on dailey basis and some week not at all. it all about knowing were they wait for you :laughing:

Despite the fact that VOSA are at Switch Island in Liverpool (m57, m58, a59) nearly every day, and everytime you drive past there is at least 3 Irish trucks parked up, it puzzles the hell out of me why the Irish lads insist on going that way to the boat. Even if you are legal it’s still time consuming being pulled in. The Irish lads know they are there, I wouldn’t take the chance and it’s not hard to bypass if you don’t want to go that way. They are there for most morning boats coming in to Liverpool even on Saturday’s and Sunday’s at 5am.

Ive been stopped twice by Vosa this year, on both occasions on arrriving at Poole docks - fortunately without any problems.

Also this year Ive been stopped three times by the Guardia Civil and twice by the French Ministry / Gendarmes - as well as countless times by the Douane. In fact its getting to the point with the Douane that when I see them I just pull over anyway.

Kerbdog:

simon0707:

Despite the fact that VOSA are at Switch Island in Liverpool (m57, m58, a59) nearly every day, and everytime you drive past there is at least 3 Irish trucks parked up, it puzzles the hell out of me why the Irish lads insist on going that way to the boat. Even if you are legal it’s still time consuming being pulled in. The Irish lads know they are there, I wouldn’t take the chance and it’s not hard to bypass if you don’t want to go that way. They are there for most morning boats coming in to Liverpool even on Saturday’s and Sunday’s at 5am.

i never go near m57 m58 iv found its mainly new drivers that get caught out there. iv been to pick up trailers of them a few times and some that dont often get the p&o boat. but then if we all dodge them thay will have nothing to do and they will come and find us like they do in birkenhead.they wait in port some days :open_mouth:

Kerbdog:
That’s my only problem with them, they have to find something wrong no matter how petty. They can’t say, you look after your wagons as I can see, nice one, see you later driver.

That’s the problem you get with a box ticking culture, we have today (see the police service/force/whateverit’scalledtoday) but the public (and the bosses) want to see performance figures as they are paying for it.

There should be a system in place so they can give kerbdog and others a pat on the back and say on your way, it only means putting one more box on the form.

The pat on the back box, instead of i’m a petty type box :laughing:

Not been stopped for about 10 years or more …
They will have to pick their spots carefully if they want me to stop on nights.
If I’m close enough to a depot then I will be going there(after showing them the , I’m not stopping sign)
Or carrying on until a marked cop car turns up after I have phoned the plod and requested one.
No car,no stopping.

Further to my post about Switch Island, today as usual VOSA were there again all day, went passed there 4 times today and they were pulling only LWB vans which I think is good. So often these vans are overloaded, you can get 4 pallets in them and they can only carry over a tonne and a quarter most of the time, also van drivers tend not to give the weight in their vehicle a 2nd thought, not to say that goes for all van drivers as it doesn’t, but you know what I mean. It is nice to see that they weren’t just hassling the truckers, especially the Irish ones. I did notice thought that there was only 2 or 3 VOSA vehicles there, for some reason though the police had 2 vehicles there as well.

Mike-C:
Maybe the OCRS system is like just about every other government IT scheme :smiley:

Not really as this one appears to be running, :open_mouth: rather than having been shelved after years of work and money wasted. :laughing: But like all Govt IT Schemes it doesn’t deliver what was promised. :wink:

Once in 2½ years, near Hereford.

Are VOSA willing to let you do random MT weighing? I’d love to see what our 12 tonner’s unladen is.

havent been stopped by vosa for about 4 years now, the last time I got pulled I was in 7.5 tonner and got tugged twice in the same day once on the way into Sterling on the morning, then on the afternoon I was parked up on the coach park in Ayr waiting for the tyre fitter when they came a knocking at my window, cheeky sod didnt beleive me that I had already been stopped once that day till he had my tacho chart and saw it had already been signed