How often do you get pulled by vosa?

I hadn’t been pulled by vosa for a very long time.
But just recently i’ve been pulled 4 times in 4 weeks. I think it’s getting a bit much as it takes about an hour to get back on the road.

There are occasions that i wouldn’t stop for them, and vosa and the police have been informed about this.
If i don’t think they are legit, Then they will be needing a new car and a change of underwear.

How often do you get stopped?
Do you think every week is a bit much? Harassment maybe?

limeyphil:
I hadn’t been pulled by vosa for a very long time.
But just recently i’ve been pulled 4 times in 4 weeks. I think it’s getting a bit much as it takes about an hour to get back on the road.

There are occasions that i wouldn’t stop for them, and vosa and the police have been informed about this.
If i don’t think they are legit, Then they will be needing a new car and a change of underwear.

How often do you get stopped?
Do you think every week is a bit much? Harassment maybe?

Maybe they have been reading your posts Phil!

To be honest I have only had about 3 pulls over the past year, one was asked for as I didn’t have an o licence disc showing. it had slipped down the heater vent. They put me on the computer, had a cursory look around and made a note that the truck was authorised but the disc was not available.

The other 2 times have been routine stops over a weight check, About the same in Europe although the douane are a lot more active and normally ask to see the tacho

When i was on for halfords,i was pulled at the harlow checkpoint,I had a hire lorry and trailer.
He asked who i worked for and when i said, he said, on your way.Just as an old scrappy looking magnum pulling a container came in,I think he might of been i a bit longer than me :wink:
Tonyb

well only ever been stopped twice in 15 years, both at the same place on the M5, junction 27. first time routine check all ok, and that was at least 10 yrs ago, second time last year for a missing mud flap on my trailer which i got a delay prohibition,which i think is a really over the top but there you go, not been stopped since :sunglasses: :grimacing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

not been pulled yet touch wood

ive not been pulled in about a year - the year before that about 6 times :open_mouth:

even though i know the wagon is in good nick and all my tachos are above board - i still get nervous when they stop me :blush:

merc0447:
ive not been pulled in about a year - the year before that about 6 times :open_mouth:

even though i know the wagon is in good nick and all my tachos are above board - i still get nervous when they stop me :blush:

Know what you mean I’ve been pulled over twice in 3 weeks. cost me nearly 1/2 hour each time and there is nothing wrong with the lorry or cards just think they like to watch us getting nervous as the clock ticks by as usually chasing the boat. Only just made the Boat last time!!

Sid :slight_smile:

once in 10 years :wink:

they used to use freightliner leeds yard every now and again.

Many times :imp: and im driving a foreign registered truck,so all those that think foreign trucks dont get pulled thats not the case.
2xdover
2xdartford crossing
1xwest thurrock a13
1xswindon
1xbath junc 18
and every time a clean bill of health,so there are some legal foreign trucks out there :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not been pulled yet but have had a few close calls of being pulled…

But think tomorrow i may get tugged as driving a puddle jumper…not that i’m worried as tacho’s all good :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiley: :exclamation:

I have only been stopped 3 times since 1986, the first time was on the A23, for a weigh, daft really as I was empty with a flat bed, the second time was on the Brenley corner weigh bridge for a weight check caused by my transport manager who was there and asked them to pull one of our trucks so he could check our own weigh bridge was working accurately, he was shocked when I pulled in as I was fully loaded, most of our trucks came home with a few small collections on.
The third time was about 2 months ago at Brenley again, full check, no problems.
I can’t understand how felixwe622 and limeyphil say it cost them time after the first check, when I got stopped I got a letter saying I was controlled, and the man from VOSA told me if I got stopped again within 28 days to just show the officer this and they would send me on my way.

I did get stopped 2 times on my last trip into France, first at St Malo where they checked all my docs and 28 days tacho’s, no problems, then a week later on my way home, I showed them my letter of control from St Malo and they just checked the last weeks tacho’s, saluted and waved me on

Once in about 6 years of driving which was about 6 months ago, Vosa man said expect more stops as they were starting to do more stops

Twice in 2 days !

I’ve never ever been stopped but I do look like butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth perhaps they only pull guilty and shifty looking characters.

jimti:
I can’t understand how felixwe622 and limeyphil say it cost them time after the first check, when I got stopped I got a letter saying I was controlled, and the man from VOSA told me if I got stopped again within 28 days to just show the officer this and they would send me on my way.

I showed them the letter and they still put me over W/B and checked Cards. Lorry is always clean guessing that as I drive a foreign wagon over here I’m askingto be checked.

Sid :slight_smile:

Great example of VOSA’s OCRS in operation here, apparently they just keep pulling you up anyway !!!
Maybe the OCRS system is like just about every other government IT scheme :smiley:

Mr B:
perhaps they only pull guilty and shifty looking characters.

That’s got to be it. I wouldn’t trust anyone who looks like me. :laughing:

last time i got pulled was when the actros had just come out (97 I THINK)the chap that had a look a round the unit had never seen disc brakes on a truck before so spent all his time looking at the brake set up etc, didnt bother with anything else, then sent me on my merry way. :slight_smile:

I have been stopped 3 times in 13 years, The first was in 1996 in a powder tanker on Derby ringroad.

The 2nd was in 1997 in the same powder tanker at the Harlow checkpoint.

The 3rd was In Derby in 2006 when I had just driven through a new 7.5t weight limit legally in a 18t skip truck.

On the last occasion I asked the vosa bloke to write down a couple of bits I pointed out to him as the Skip firm I was working for at the time only fixed the trucks if it meant the job couldn’t get done. :open_mouth:

It did result in a delayed prohibition (10 DAYS) for an oil leak, but at least it got fixed. :laughing:

I left them as the vehicle maintenance got worse. :unamused:

i was told vosa has a list of companys and some near the top get stopped often while those at the bottom not at all…
but the place on the m6 north near brum is always full of oversea reg trucks.