How much!!!!

Beware all you happy Foden drivers out there… Pelican have just charged me £600 exchange for a starter motor for the Alpha.
I must be singled out by God to pay for the new building at Whitwood.
Add the VAT to that and the labour for throwing it on and we’re staring down the wrong end of a grand.

Add this to the intercooler hose they split doing the top-set last week quoted at ‘about £35’ which came invoiced at £98 plus the unavoidable and it’s “trousers down time for Mr M”.

The main gripe I have at this popint (costs aside) is that ‘genuine’ starters should last longer than 14 months.

regards

Grumpy old man
Holmfirth :unamused:

thats nothing. they’re asking £25k for a 05 foden alpha unit. !!

If you want a starter reconditioning, then why don’t you get it done by an auto electrician.

I got mine done for £25.00
probably a bit more now as that was about 10 years ago.

madders:
Beware all you happy Foden drivers out there… Pelican have just charged me £600 exchange for a starter motor for the Alpha.
I must be singled out by God to pay for the new building at Whitwood.
Add the VAT to that and the labour for throwing it on and we’re staring down the wrong end of a grand.

Add this to the intercooler hose they split doing the top-set last week quoted at ‘about £35’ which came invoiced at £98 plus the unavoidable and it’s “trousers down time for Mr M”.

The main gripe I have at this popint (costs aside) is that ‘genuine’ starters should last longer than 14 months.

regards

Grumpy old man
Holmfirth :unamused:

Ford and Slater Leicester charged me over £500 for a recon starter exchenge, plus £204 surcharge until the old unit was returned :confused:

no labour charges though :slight_smile:

i get handy with the spanners and changed it myself, 4 18mm nuts, 1 11mm nut and a hammer and prybar, job done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

strange that, fitted a starter to a customers foden 14 month ago too and that packed up last week…sourced from said dealer at whitwood…rumour has it the new building is for the man dealership they have supposedly aquired!

So much for Paccar supporting their Foden customers eh. I had a starter go on my Cat powered Alpha a few years ago and that was over £400 but there was no exchange and I had rung our local auto electrician and he couldn’t find the part number. Anyway the old starter is still under the bench seems like I should get it reconned as a back up.
Friend of mine had the axle input shaft on 1 of his 8x4 Alphas break and he rang the dealer for a new 1 and they were on back order,so he rang Smiths at Albrighton and they were on back order too. He managed to get a S/H 1 from a breakers in the end but the truck was parked for the best part of a week.

Pelican are closing down the Hino garage at Morley and moving it down to the new place at Whitwood. I bought Fodens for 25 years but when they became Dafs in disguise everything shot up by 100%

schultz:
Pelican are closing down the Hino garage at Morley and moving it down to the new place at Whitwood. I bought Fodens for 25 years but when they became Dafs in disguise everything shot up by 100%

Same thing has happened to ERF since MAN took over, examples foe EC11 are £35.00 for an exhaust clamp and £90.00 for a light bracket.

Don’t know how they get away with it, I use the breakers as much as I can.

The reason it was not possible to get the ■■■■■■ recond. is that I was on a loading ramp in Dronfield at the time you ! :smiley:

( insult removed ) jd

limeyphil… you think you can get a starter motor done on a truck for £25 goes to show how things have changed in ten years

john