r and m

After having a problematic few months with my Xf 105 510 my local dealer has offered me full r and m for £440 per month for next two years. The vehicle is 2years old with 305000 ks and still has 1 year manufacturers warranty left on it which I bought when vehicle was new.
I think 440 is very expensive.
Anybody any experience with adding r&m■■?

Hello haggis hunter, what type of problems have you been having , we have some 460 ssc which are 2 years old or approaching and haven’t been to bad, what type of work are you on and does the dealer currently maintain it ?

If you feel uneasy with the truck maybe its time to have a meeting with Daf and twist there arm or run it to 3 years old(whilst still under warranty) and off load, unfortunately the R&m isn’t going to cover down time only gives you piece of mind .

I’d be very interested to hear more Are you an owner driver or do you operate more trucks ?

Good luck with your decision !

Just get rid at 3 years. Can’t help on R&M prices as never bothered with it, always felt it was a bit of a con.

Truck has been maintained by dealer since new,.
Problems started last October, lack of power excessive ablue and fuel use.
After weekly visits to my local dealer who kept saying the vehicle was fine I was invited too a small sub agent for Daf 50 miles from home and within an hour he diagnosed problem as a faulty turbo, when turbo was going under full pressure the impeller was jamming against end of casing, how it never broke up god only knows.
I have recently had a meeting with Daf who admit they cocked up and basically they owe me just under 4k for fuel and downtime due to there negligence this is where r&m comes in…
They will not hand me over a cheque or credit my account but will do a deal on maintenance according to them they are doing me a great favour by reducing r&m from 565 to 440 a month and also waiving a bill for £800 that is due to be paid, personally I think there …

Extracting urine… Sorry senior moment

Well lets face it, you ain’t getting the 4k back unless you take the deal or sue them so I’d take the deal then go elsewhere as soon as possible.

You could try them with the reduction in cost of the R&M and tell them you want a year tagged on it, loss of earnings, bloody hassle ect, when they say no then tell them you will instruct a solicitor to recover costs, but play it cool and don’t jump too quickly to anything.

Although it is several years ago, my experience of R&M is that they only do the absolute minimum. You have already got them on the back foot, so take it further, a little higher up the food chain.

There is no such thing as bad publicity, don’t you believe it!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

haggis hunter:
Truck has been maintained by dealer since new,.
Problems started last October, lack of power excessive ablue and fuel use.
After weekly visits to my local dealer who kept saying the vehicle was fine I was invited too a small sub agent for Daf 50 miles from home and within an hour he diagnosed problem as a faulty turbo, when turbo was going under full pressure the impeller was jamming against end of casing, how it never broke up god only knows.
I have recently had a meeting with Daf who admit they cocked up and basically they owe me just under 4k for fuel and downtime due to there negligence this is where r&m comes in…
They will not hand me over a cheque or credit my account but will do a deal on maintenance according to them they are doing me a great favour by reducing r&m from 565 to 440 a month and also waiving a bill for £800 that is due to be paid, personally I think there …

:open_mouth:

Take it to court and tell the judge all that.Then get rid of the wagon ‘before’ the warranty runs out to give the next buyer an incentive to buy it.Then make sure that you only use the ‘sub agent’ in future for maintenance. :bulb:

My mate has just been quoted £400pm on a 6 year old volvo from volvo at preston.

Cold Up North:
My mate has just been quoted £400pm on a 6 year old volvo from volvo at preston.

If that’s a full r n m bumper to bumper that’s a cracking deal
As for the op and getting quoted 440 I also think that’s a good deal 2 as its piece of mind
All my trucks have been on full r n m but what I wud say its all down to the dealership some will do a proper job on inspections others won’t just to put the prices in perspective I took out an r n m on a three year old Daf in 2008 for 500 quid a month over three years
So glad I did had new diff out of them new compresser new as tronic gearbox new head and about half a dozen off them silly apu valves and various other bits n bobs
When I chopped it in for my Merc I took out an r n m from mercs at a cost of 550 a month the Merc has been far less problematic but I’ve still had calileprs pads n discs cab mounts adblue system all fixed on rn m ow n two sets of batteries my thinking is get yourself a good dealership who you no will do the work and do it properly and take the r n m
Or out the moter
Anva thing to bear in mind is genraly there are two types of r n m one offered by the manufacturer ie Daf and one offered by the dealership ie ford n slater lex rygors etc they both cover the same thing but if its thru the dealership they may try n scam u by fitting trp parts as oppose to Daf ones as there cheaper on another note don’t forget those prices are plus vat