How much do new trailers cost?

Just a quick question, anyone got any idea of a ballpark figure for a brand new Euroliner trailer, and a brand new fridge trailer, 4m height, tri-axle?

Ta.

Was wondering just that myself as my regular trailer has seen better days, the floor keeps getting holed by the forklift, almost falling through it and the curtains have been ripped and repaired to many times.

I used to work for a firm whose trailers seemed to get nicked a lot, flatbeds. I also heard the other day of a bran new trailer being nicked. Which got me wondering, how easy is it to ring a trailer? Make it legit kind of. :confused:

Too much! :laughing:

A curtainsider used to cost, (10 years ago ) about 25-30,000 depending on the spec, I would of thought in today’s climate it would still be around that mark.
I would of thought a good Gray & Adams with a Thermoking fridge would be 60,000 +

Deepinvet:
A curtainsider used to cost, (10 years ago ) about 25-30,000 depending on the spec, I would of thought in today’s climate it would still be around that mark.
I would of thought a good Gray & Adams with a Thermoking fridge would be 60,000 +

WHAT■■? i didnt realise they were that expensive, no wonder a firm i was working for said take care of it, thats over a £100,000 worth of gear your driving around there, it was a new unit and trailer which they said would never normally be given to an agency driver but they had no choice lol

when i worked for someone else, he bought 2 brand new SDC 4m curtainsiders with polished alloys, IIRC, he paid around £17,000 each, this would have been in 2003

cant be that much, surely!

A Euroliner is around £15 k am sure…depends on the spec

A Chereau Fridge around £40k I think…

A 60k G&A fridge would be top of the range meatrailer, high spec TK/Carrier Motor and all the bells.

I know someone who has just spent circa £60K on that very spec for a G&A

Have you won the lottery HM? First a truck now trailers?

HIya …i think if you’ve got a top quality insulated tank with stainless finish and a 560 scania
you’ll be looking at 120K at least…look after it…curtains for a 45ft trailer are 3k for two plus decals
John

3300John:
HIya …i think if you’ve got a top quality insulated tank with stainless finish and a 560 scania
you’ll be looking at 120K at least…look after it…curtains for a 45ft trailer are 3k for two plus decals
John

about 4 years ago, i was quoted £750 for new curtains for a 45’ trailer

rjmcommercials.co.uk/html/trailer_sales.html

3300John:
John

I found you a lovely 4 pot Jumbo for €33000

52700 litres, and nearly 20 years old, I think a new one would be closer to 80k without the Scania

Harry Monk:
Just a quick question, anyone got any idea of a ballpark figure for a brand new Euroliner trailer, and a brand new fridge trailer, 4m height, tri-axle?

Ta.

no idea of the price but i was looking at one of our newish sdc tri,s[fridge] the other day[only a few months old],all the cheqeer plate at back of tri is all lifting up badly,the floor in front of it has gone,wheras our schmitz fridges floors are as new even after 3+ yrs,no idea as i say about price but if it was longevity i was looking for id go for the schmitz

3300John:
curtains for a 45ft trailer are 3k for two plus decals
John

500 euros a pair of plain curtains for a 13.6m trailer from toldos paco in iniesta, spain
400 euros for lettering whole trailer (including back doors) local trailer place here in malaga

No sorry Ady if you were looking for longevity you’d never go for a Schmitz fridge. Light and nice looking but they age badly. For a long lasting fridge you’d be looking at a G&A (if looked after) or a Chereau. I didn’t realise SDC even made fridges. You sure it’s not an SOR? Thay are rubbish trailers, fall to bits in no time.

switchlogic:
No sorry if you were looking for longevity you’d never go for a Schmitz fridge. Light and nice looking but they age badly. For a long lasting fridge you’d be looking at a G&A (if looked after) or a Chereau. I didn’t realise SDC even made fridges. You sure it’s not an SOR? That are rubbish trailers, fall to bits in no time.

no there defo sdc,i think stobarts get alot of sdc tauts so i guess they offered/or stobarts asked them to make some,im pretty sure our fridge tauts are sdc too,weve had them a good few years too,took some back to sdc [loscoe],well im pretty sure it was a sdc depot.
re schmitz,ours must be nigh on 4 years old and other than driver inflicted damage they look pretty good,ive never had a breakdown on one, but if youre talking keeping them 10 years i guess you might well be right

I’ve seen SDC chassis with SOR fridge boxes on but never an SDC fridge. I’m gonna be looking out for Stobart SDC fridges now! In my opinion the SDC curtainsider is the best out there. Montracon is a bit rubbish and the Schmitz curtainsider is just an over designed disaster, awful awful things I hate them.

switchlogic:
I’ve seen SDC chassis with SOR fridge boxes on but never an SDC fridge. In my opinion the SDC curtainsider is the best out there. Montracon is a bit rubbish and the Schmitz curtainsider is just an over designed disaster, awful awful things I hate them.

you may be right,i just looked at the sdc name on the headboard :blush: and assumed the whole lot were sdc,
i assume our fridge tauts are completely sdc as when i took them back to loscoe they were saying to rectify the issues we had with them they were going to have to put new roofs/floors on them[but there was a falling out over who was going to pay for work],i saw one a while ago and theyd just painted the underneath white instead of red in a attempt i guess to reflect the heat.
montracon-we did have a new one in yard[well i assumed there was only one],it was all stickered up in stobart colours so i assume it was for a long term test.

new chereau with pallet box and thermo king unit and no other extras is £45,000
new R 560 6x2 topline £115,000
new fh540 xl 6x2 tag £97,000
new krone euroliner with pallet box & double deck system & durabrights 26’000 euro’s
hope this helps

hingleytrailers.co.uk/index.php

Doubt you wont get a fridge here, but you’d get a euroliner.

No sorry Ady if you were looking for longevity you’d never go for a Schmitz fridge. Light and nice looking but they age badly. For a long lasting fridge you’d be looking at a G&A (if looked after) or a Chereau. I didn’t realise SDC even made fridges. You sure it’s not an SOR? Thay are rubbish trailers, fall to bits in no time

Totally agree, Schmitz are light but not much good, go for a ‘Good’ G&A, as for Curtainsiders you will struggle to beat a Lawrence David…with them you can have any spec you want, they will also do a deal…
As for Truck get one that makes you money… :laughing: