How mechanical are you?

Channel 4 are looking for particapants for scrapheap challenge, would we have 4 members on this site who think they are up for it??.

I could maybe be a reserve as i,m quite good at taking things apart but when it comes to putting them together well,AHEM**.

So does anyone fancy it get on the telly and represent Trucknet uk?.

Sorry mate dont know me waffle & doggit from me grench bar :confused:

I can bodge most bits of Ag machinery, but I’m certainly not up to the standards of most of the competitors on Scrapheap Challenge :blush:

Would certainly be an interesting challenge for trucknet members.

I think like the last caller that we may not be as good as the regulars on this challenge.

I know the theory and what it ought to look like, but in reality::::::::::::::::::;

Can you tell what it is yet :question: :stuck_out_tongue:

Some friends of mine Bodgit & Scarper who run a recovery business tried to get on and failed the audition. they can normally turn their hand to anything.

These lads eventually got a go on Robot Wars but their machine was killed in the first few minutes by the control robots :blush:

Well i canstrip engines down and rebuild them .in most petrol,and diesel engines…i am a good allrounder…and can also put them back together again…i do all my own maintenance…but as malc has pointed out…if bodgit & scarper failed the audition…what chance have i got…besides…i might get me ands dirty
and that wont please the ol woman.cos i let my fingers do the walking… :wink:

Denis F:
I can bodge most bits of Ag machinery, but I’m certainly not up to the standards of most of the competitors on Scrapheap Challenge :blush:

IIRC, the winners of the entire series this year were three estate agents from the home counties who didn’t have a clue when they started. They were lucky on their first build, and they scraped through the rest.

I suspect that the auditions are very little to do with bodging ability and much more to do with on-camera personality.

So 4 cocky truck drivers with a rough idea of what an engine is and the ability to weld might just have a wee chance.

How mechacnical are you?

Well I’ve got bionic legs and a plate in my head from my accident when at NASA, does that count?

Sorry! I agree with the other they are looking for characters for telly aswell as some mechanical ability. They love people like some of the biker teams and those farmers from the West Country (proper Job :laughing: ).

I’m sure there are people on this site with the qualities they are looking for, but maybe not me. I’m camera shy :blush: which is a bit of a drawback if you want to appear on telly. :smiley:

i can weld, mig and tig,

id do it like a shot (ex fitter knows everthing lol) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote="MrFlibble
IIRC, the winners of the entire series this year were three estate agents from the home counties who didn’t have a clue when they started. They were lucky on their first build, and they scraped through the rest.[/quote]

The estate agents won it because they can turn a 2 bedroom cottage into a palace with a biro :smiley:

Get your entry form sent in Jammy. It will be good fun to watch and you might get something transport related

I will av a go can do out me !!

Wheel Nut:
Get your entry form sent in Jammy. It will be good fun to watch and you might get something transport related

I,ll go for it but i need 3 others who are willing too pm me if you are up for it.

Whats to lose apart from a bit of pride?, and it could just be a lot of fun.

We could put forward a team of ladies :stuck_out_tongue: and the blokes could be there just as ■■■ objects :wink:

Sounds ACE… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve put a Fiesta turbo engine in my ■■■■■■ cabby, have various RC vehicles with ‘added’ options, and a degree in electronics… If that counts as mechanical… :wink:

I’ve never tried welding tho… As much as i’d love a go… But I can solder if that helps… :blush: :blush:

I’d deffo be up it… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Looks like we can make a team up then

Its got to be in by the 14th of January so we need to get it together quite soon.

Not too sure where i would fit in apart from ripping bits apart and helping put them together , so basically we need someone who can weld and burn , someone whos a dab hand with mechanics and can put almost anything together and of course the brains of the team as i cant weld, ill have to be the brains lmao… :wink: :wink: .

I just read it and you only need 3 not 4

So have you got time before the 2nd week in January for us to get together to build something and shoot it on to a video??, i reckon its got to be truck related but open to suggestions.

P.S. i dont have to be part of the team if we can get 3 people who are very mechanically confident i,m quite willing to just watch.

Truck drivers on Scrapheap Challenge?
I can see it now…
…Standing around drinking cups of coffee - scratching thier arses - ■■■■■■■ - swearing like hell - slagging off everybody they see - moaning that they’ve had to handball a load of bits off the back of that little tractor and trailer they use…
Just another day in the yard.

ianyng:
Truck drivers on Scrapheap Challenge?
I can see it now…
…Standing around drinking cups of coffee - scratching thier arses - ■■■■■■■ - swearing like hell - slagging off everybody they see - moaning that they’ve had to handball a load of bits off the back of that little tractor and trailer they use…
Just another day in the yard.

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that is so true

simon

Ok i got 1 definate who pm,ed me anyone else?, pm me and we can get the ball rolling.

hey jammy owt appening with the application my boss will allow us to use the workshop to make fools of ourselves in for to application video :smiley: :smiley: