How many posts

The issue for me, is that I look in for relaxation. The new format is hard work. When I do prepare myself for look in, there’s only a fraction of the patronage, compared to a year ago.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure there are some off-the-shelf solutions for forums that could be up and running in about a day. Any one of the disillusioned could look into that, But, alas, no, someone else should do it…

star_down_under

24m

The issue for me, is that I look in for relaxation. The new format is hard work. When I do prepare myself for look in, there’s only a fraction of the patronage, compared to a year ago.

To quote Star-down-under
Looking for relaxation , not now almost stressful re logging in , getting past decades posts to find the recent one , that green thing and as with this reply haveing to cut and paste as I cant for the life of me find any quote facility, bit like looking for the " Hamburger" that some have and some dont

I did have a couple of suggestions how to quote but they dont seem to work any more is IT tinkering ?

1 Like

Want some help quoting?
If you want I can try to message you?

I don’t believe I have heard an explanation as to why the site became so slow and sluggish last year, or if that was the cause of the transfer to the new platform. Would be nice to know and also why this new platform is getting sorted out as slowly as it is.

My French forum with a similar base that this has, nevertheless underwent minor, but important changes last year too. We never got a reply to questions about that either.

Back to TN, I think part of the reason for the much lower activity here now is because many people drifted away during the snail time, and have not been bothered to come back. Also, when they do, they are further disappointed with the changed format.

Here’s a question I would like answered, will the member info alongside posts, with or without avatars, be returned? Nice to know where people are when they reference things local to them.

I just changed my location to Outer Mongolia, so if you click my name, you should be able to see where I am. :wink: :articulated_lorry:

The forum now reminds me of an empty village pub with a leaky roof and a sticky carpet, the management has tried everything to keep it going, but after a temporary closure to give it a fresh coat of paint they have put the beer price up, held a few low class stag and hen nights trying to keep it profitable, but the place is spiralling down the plug hole, & ultimately the regulars who frequented the place have moved on to other venues where things are simpler and more enjoyable. The diehards walk past and look through the windows and wonder if it’s worth bothering going back in

franglais

5h

Want some help quoting?
If you want I can try to message you?

Thanks for the offer , I’ll stick to the cut and paste it works for me :+1:

He’s a stronger Hamster but someone has put ESB in his water.
Or better analogy someone has converted a classic car with manual box and conventional throttle to electronic auto, linked to fly by wire throttle and torque limiting map.
But let’s not go by rose tinted glasses.All the back biting and whingers asking the mods to ban people and throwing their toys out of their pram just because someone didn’t agree with them, has often been my main conclusion of the site.That obviously doesn’t help in encouraging enthusiastic constructive discussions.

B0ll@x Fu©k face, T!TTY T!TS, Fat Arse, ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■, F4ggot, Tw4t, $uck D!CK.

Just testing, have I beat the system?

It appears not. Arrsole,

3 Likes

Close but no cigar :rofl:

Same here, I just want a little bit of entertaining chat. Maybe if the doom merchants and naysayers tried posting something more engaging than a string of complaints, the forum might regain some of it former value.
Now that the initial newness of the forum has worn off, I don’t think the ongoing criticisms of the ease (or rather lack of) of posting are particularly supportable

im now started an account on therival? truck and bus forum,loads better ,old school i can read every bit dead easy

Driver discussion and Road Haulage discussions, last posts 2021.
Some other threads have more recent posts though. Vintage coach and bus restorations seem more used.
Each to their own.

Rival forum? Alternative perhaps, but hardly a “rival”.

Clicking “Today’s Posts” gets you "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. "
Number of Members Online In The Past 24 Hours 7
Drivers Discussion Forum - last post 26th February 2020
Road Haulage Discussion - last post 9th January 2020
Eighteen sub sections, newest post in any of them is 19th Feb 2024

Even in it’s diminished form, the unloved New TN is still ahead.

A forum is kind of made by the people though, not the format. We have exactly the same members and forum software which is much more modern, but no no we must go into reverse, it is the only way.

I can match that with an Australian forum I tried unsuccessfully to join. I don’t think they know me ( :thinking:), so I can only assume that they haven’t a clue.
Just now:

The latest, latest post was 2 and a half hours ago. All the other latest posts are days, weeks, months and even years ago.