How many posts

Just wondering how many posts there has been on here in the period since this new format came out, (what is it now…about 4 weeks?) in comparison to the same amount of time when the old forum was working fine before it went ■■■■ up.

I personally have made no secret of the fact that I don’t like the way this forum is set out, but that is just my opinion on it, so consequently I dont come on half as much as I did,.and I have posted about 10 times in the month or so that this has been up and running,… where as in the same time on the old forum I would most probably have posted 10x that amount.

If most are in the same frame of mind, (and as far as I can see this is the case) surely this can not be good for the forum owners if the traffic has dropped by a high percentage.
Dont come back with ‘Give it a chance’ etc,.I get it, I am just making a point that things could be short lived on here if my opinion and analysis of the forum is true.
Anybody else?

I agree to a certain extent, but I have a bit of an advantage over some others as the French forum I have been a member of for some years is basically the same platform as this new one so it wasn’t such a steep learning curve.

I know there aren’t as many posting as before though I don’t have any numbers and I wonder how long the owners, who are in it for profit, will stand it before a final closure.

So, my advice if you don’t want to lose friends you have made here, get their email addresses asap, otherwise you lose them if the site goes down. I have one such friend who I can’t contact who was a prolific poster here but hasn’t re-appeared. Another, who I have given the way back to, prefers to stay away. A shame after over 20 odd years of useful and friendly exchanges. but at least we can continue our conversations in private.

BTW, not sure what your 4 letter banned word was, but I find such prudery very funny in conversations between adults, especially as this forum seems to be American based and, as @pv83 found, arse is permissable but the perfectly correct English alternative word for a donkey, ass, is not because that is a swear word in American. :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: Someone’s been listening, Ass is back in now. :joy:

2 Likes

The word was ‘■■■■’.
So if we started a conversation about wild birds you couldnt mention blue ■■■■, great ■■■■, or tom ■■■■ …how ridiculous.
Maybe tglhey should concentrate on the way to sort out the forum they have succeded in ■■■■ ing up , rather than trivialities eh?..just a thought.

There are lots of issues with the filter and the site in general. Unfortunately they have tried to solve issues the easiest way and cobbled it together with out any testing or forethought.

Not putting words in anyones mouth but i get the impression that many people would of persevered with it if it was properly functional and well laid out rather than this modern trend to drive everything to social media type format and mobile phones.

the word ■■■■ (rhymes with duck with an s instead of a d) is not allowed i guess for immature considerations but bang and blow are.

The word was ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■

Just testing, fell foul of the 20 letter rule as well. If it isn’t bad enough to censor adult conversation, censoring it because it is unacceptable in a foreign language also is beyond the pale.

Can we not now even be allowed to speak English? For duck’s sake. :rage:

The French English language forum that I mentioned has no ban on any words in any language, as result of being treated like adults there is very little use of so called bad language.

Case in point, I put the o/p up around 7 ish this morning, 5 houts later only aboit 3 reples.
On the old forum I reckon there’d be many more by now, and how nany replies and posts to other topics?

Severe case of shooting themselves in both feet here, I reckon the only ones who are persevering are those who actually like the new format and the techy whizz boys who get a hard on over all this type of cack…
The more everyday trucker is either like me just putting in an appearance when I can be arsed, or at a loose end or they have just sampled it, said ‘wtf is all this about’ and effed off into the abyss never to be seen again.

Btw…If I (again) could be arsed to try and suss out how many techy hoops I had to jump through, (or cared) I would edit my atrocious spelling mistakes, but I can’t, I don’t, so I won’t.

Pretty much agree with much of what you’re saying Robroy.
On the previous platform, I (figuratively speaking) met blokes with whom l became quite close, many others who contributed valuable and interesting information, the type of fellow who one may meet in various situations and enjoy the social ■■■■■■■■■■■. Also the occasional verbal diarrhoeaist, who really pushes my buttons, but even that can give a perverse pleasure, at times.
I now visit/post less often, because a majority of the above mentioned have not made the transition and the awkwardness of the new platform makes participation hard work, rather than pleasure.
Fora thrive exponentially through participation. When the software alienates the majority of the base, the forum will wither.
Whoever wrote the software, must be a clever geek, but lacking in social skills.

as i have said before this site has the feel of one of those programs that allows you to set up a web page or what ever and all you have to do is select various options and it does all the hard work behind the scenes.

I can’t believe it censored that word :rofl:

Looks to me like they threw everything up in the air and when it came down again, thought ‘that’ll do’. I’ll give it till the end of the month and if its no better then I’ll be off.

To be fair you can just write stuff on here in a similar way as before and there it is posted job done.You used to have some good discussions over stuff like music and sports before might as well just do same now here.
It is what you make it.

1 Like

The difference is you really have to search for it.

Exactly.
The problem is it was constructed and devised to be that way, you have to search and generally ■■■■ about(tech term) to do any bloody thing on this site now.

My question is …
WHY did it have to be made that way, how can they possibly think that the result of their work is an improvement, especially now that they are gettiing a fraction of the traffic that they used to (I would say there were even more posts and visits when the site was painfully slow) and that many of the more active posters have effed off.

This is my first post on the new format. I’ve had to slightly alter my name to get back on.
I’m not keen on this new set-up at all, I know I didn’t post much but I did like to log on and have a read of what was going on out there. However, this new format is to me just a complete cluster ■■■■.

Am i in the right place, im looking for the proffessional drivers forum and ive seemed to have come in the wrong door. :grin:

1 Like

Searching for topics and forums and posting was a bit like looking for an address on a road of detached houses with a big post box at the gate.Now it’s like looking for a small front door in a tower block with a letter box at the bottom of the door.

Or a gated condominium with all access to doorbells and postboxes sited within the locked boundaries :wink:

Roll up! Roll up! Get 'em while they’re hot!

Tiny violins available from Amazon, only £6.99, free delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £25.

(can’t post a link, new forum says “no”, ironically)