How many points on your licence (poll)?

So just how many do you have ? I’ve never had any although iv’e had some close calls that had me worried for a couple of weeks.

Nil point!

Had 6 put on my licence at 15… And had a 2 year ban from 17 to 19 didn’t get my licence until I was 19 though so ■■■■ knows how they can ban me and chuck points on before I even got it!

Clean at the mo, touch wood it stays that way.

None, only ever had 3 for going through a red light when I was 18.

clean as a whistle :sunglasses:

Clean now, but got caught running a red light 3 & a half years ago then got nabbed for speeding 2 months later.

2010, Had a year of really bad luck. Lost my Mum, my Mother in law & my job as well.

Just had six come off so shiny shiny cleeeeeen. :smiley:

My licence is clean now, I’ve been given 3 points in about the last 35 years.

Bad voodoo if you answer this kinda thread.

clean and has been for the past 10yrs & over probably close to 15yrs without a single point

Clean Licence now though thats not allways been the case :blush: :blush: :blush: at one point around about 91 or 92 I did manage to accumalate 13 points on my licence, had to go to court and plead hardship to keep working so my licence was endorsed with excemptional hardship. The Traffic commisioner very kindly wrote to me offering me a day out to Cambridge if I didnt keep my nose clean, which did at least long enough to get him off my back. :wink:

merc0447:

+1.

However I don’t let it bother me…0 points, touch wood, spin round 3 times and touch my toes :smiley:

I’ve got 3 points (doing 43 in a 30 at 2am along Nine Elms Lane) which will come off in November after the four years and I’m attending a speed awareness course at the end of Oct

0 points but have been on a course for getting caught with a phone in my hand

Back in the 80s I got the full 12 points and had to plead in court to keep licence

3x3 points for speeding - all done deliberately in a 7.5 tonner
3 points for parking over 2 feet of zig zag lines when the snow was thick on the ground - cop had a shovel and I did not !

As the snow incident was the last of the 12 the magistrate took pity and let me keep licence

Got another 3 points in the early 90s for a red light (40 limit on A12 in outer London)- never seen a light go from amber to red so fast !!

nothing since

None , zilch , nada . Mind I’ve done the naughty boy training

merc0447:

Not if you’re banned :laughing:

martinviking:
Clean now, but got caught running a red light 3 & a half years ago then got nabbed for speeding 2 months later.

2010, Had a year of really bad luck. Lost my Mum, my Mother in law & my job as well.

& about 30 years ago I got 3 points for 3 up on a motor bike !
I was dead lucky because I was ■■■■■■ out of my skull & drove down a one way street the wrong way !
My ex got 3 points for aiding & abetting & the mate on the back got off Scott Free !
They could have locked me up & thrown away the key ! LOL !

Been on a speed awareness course for doing 35mph in a 30 about 7 years ago,otherwise nothing in 49 years as a licence holder.

More zero pointers than I would have expected… I wonder how that also correlates towards “never got any, agency” and “got some, expired off, full timer” as well… :unamused:
I wouldn’t have let my full time job go in 2010 if I’d had any points at the time - that’s for sure.

The closest I ever got to getting endorsed was setting the speed camera off at Faversham on the A2 which went off with me doing 34 in a 30 if memory serves… Over a decade ago. It was one of those big truvalo boxes that one frequently sees covered in soot from being set on fire everywhere… :laughing: :laughing: There can’t have been any film in it, because I never did hear anything back! :blush:

My biggest worry for getting points these days is inadvertantly breaching the LBTS because the so-called “official route” doesn’t get around the frequent need to micromanage when there’s holes dug in the roads, closed street entrances, etc.