How many days holiday do you get a year?

im asking as i went for a job yesterday, got offered it aswell :slight_smile: then i asked how many holidays do you give, he said 22 i thought :smiley: :smiley: then he told me that that includes all bank holidays so thats 14 days to take when you want :cry: :cry: so i told him thanks but no thanks, seemed an alright job aswell :frowning: :frowning:

so how many do you get?? i expect at least 20 plus stats

I get 30 including stats

Dont think thats legal, get garanteed 20 days, goes up two every year to 28 I think. Bank holidays are extra, but if I work them they pay the holiday & the overtime.

We looked into this last week cos one of our drivers thought we were getting shafted out of holidays we are legally entitled to.

This isn’t gospel, but as far as I know, you are entitled to 4 times the number of days you are contracted to work in any one week. Therefore if you work a 5 day week, you are entitled to 20 days annual leave per year. Any Statutory Days ( or Bank Holidays) over and above this are at your gaffers discretion.

I get 25 days a year :sunglasses: However 4 of these I need to take at Christmas when the company shuts down. If we have used all our days off before Christmas we don’t get paid for the 4 days.

Under the Horizontal Amending Directive, which brought mobile workers under the scope of the relevant element of the 1998 Working Time Regulations in August Last Year, we are all entitled to 20 days paid holiday every year, once you have worked for a firm continuously for 13 weeks. This may, however, include Bank Holidays.

If you work part-time, then the legal holiday entitlement is worked out on a pro-rata basis…so if you do half the number of days that your full-time colleagues do, you get half the number of paid days off…and so on…

I only get 15 in the first year and then 20 in the second year, i think you migh find that mobile workers are actually not entitled to as many days as non mobile workers, but this is apparently going to change in the WTD or did change some time last year ( i think).

We are contracted to work ALL bank holidays but we either get double time and a day in lieu or triple time if we want, they do have the righ to make us either work it or take it off our annual leabe.

Not [zb] Many :cry: :cry: :cry:
One of the downfalls of working here is the holiday situation, as Bully, Jim and Cliff will tell you :exclamation:

Aside from public holidays, which are few and far between our company gives us 5 days for the first 3 years, then you progress to a whopping 10 days :frowning:

My last job back ther I had an allowance of 12 weeks a year :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:
Not [zb] Many :cry: :cry: :cry:
One of the downfalls of working here is the holiday situation, as Bully, Jim and Cliff will tell you :exclamation:

Aside from public holidays, which are few and far between our company gives us 5 days for the first 3 years, then you progress to a whopping 10 days :frowning:
)

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I just cant understand Drivers at times :confused: :confused:

They want decent money to work which I can agree with

They want Holidays as well but dont like the idea of it only being 20 days pa :open_mouth:

But as soon as mr EC legislation comes along saying they cant work more than an average 48 hrs theres loads of complaints :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Be dedicated and say to hell with Holidays, Set an example to others and show your true dedication to the boss :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

legally it’s 20 days inc Bank Holidays but some companies give them as an extra

One little known fact though, employers are not oblidged to pay double time etc for working a bank holiday :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Davey Driver:
They want Holidays as well but dont like the idea of it only being 20 days pa :open_mouth:

But as soon as mr EC legislation comes along saying they cant work more than an average 48 hrs theres loads of complaints :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Good point, All the drivers complaining that it is their human right to work 60/70/80 hours a week (no brain washing from the guv there then :laughing: )

But still want loads of holiday entitlement

Do they not know it is their human right to work through any holiday entitlement?
They can work the whole year without a week off after all they can have christmas off (as long as it’s on a weekend :wink: )

Oh I’m an O/D so I can take as many as I can afford (ie a week at christmas
:cry: :cry: :cry: )

Davey Driver:
One little known fact though, employers are not oblidged to pay double time etc for working a bank holiday :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

…and we are not obliged to work them… Urgh… I’ve got the BH lurgi coming on again. So, either they pay the incentive or [zb] in the wind :stuck_out_tongue:

Shaun, I get twenty one plus double and day in lieu (or triple only) for six bank holidays and double and no day for the remaining two. I can therefore theoretically attain the grand height of 1,2,3,um…4,der…5,erm… ALOT.

Some of our drivers on older contracts ie. before current company bought older one out get one day extra per year worked or somert upto a max of around 28 so they do pretty well even before BH’s and have witheld the temptation to flog their contracts.

See you on the M1 Christmas Day? Last year I took two of my kids with me and heading up the A47 Peterboro Bypass we came across Father Christmas :open_mouth: ‘staggering’ along complete with sack and waving at us… The kids faces were a sight to behold :smiley:

The other good thing is that you, and rightly so IMO, told 'em to stick it! Now, if only everbody else does likewise due to that point they will have to review their skinflint ways.

If you have to be creative to get it past the censor, it’s not allowed…and the censor will be updated accordingly…L. :wink:

It would seem that I live a life of opulence compared to you lot back home, I get 30 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays (which don’t get moved to a Monday as it does in the UK, they stay where they are if they fall on a Sunday… tough). The firm shuts down for 3 weeks in the summer during the school holidays, it also shuts down at Christmas and for a week during Spring.

Yep, Germany does have it better than the Brits, and certainly far better than you gents in the States.
:sunglasses:

24 days per year (working 6 days per week, thus 4 weeks - progressing to 5 weeks after 10 years service :open_mouth: ) + all bank holidays + 1 lieu day for working Good Friday + minimum of 2 complementary days if (during the period Jan-Dec) no sick days are taken.

Not bad i suppose. :smiley:

Paul.

Its kinda funny and also a bit sad but from reading the posts on this subject you can soon tell who is an employer and who is an employee cant you.

I just wonder if some of the truckers out there who do more than the average working week can actually claim more holidays then■■?.

E.G. 60 hours a week being roughly half more than the average working week of 40 hours i wonder then if you would be entitled to half as many holidays on top:):):):););););)■■?.

jammymutt:
E.G. 60 hours a week being roughly half more than the average working week of 40 hours i wonder then if you would be entitled to half as many holidays on top:):):):););););)■■?.

Lol Jammy I was Jesting just incase you missed the smilies :wink:

but how can you class 60hrs per week as average when the max will be 48 by law :confused: :confused: :confused:

As for hols at Capitol Enterprises, to be quite honest its a give and take approach we have, take the holidays and give your worth, Sue,Lill & Jan do a grand job, all are very concientious and are willing to work hard therefore we pay good wages, all Bank Holidays, and holidays as required but to be honest neither have taken more than 3 or 4 weeks and all sick leave is paid as full wages.

I get 27 + Statutory having worked continuously for company for 10 years.
(Firm was taken over under T.U.P.E. so they have to honour my original contract).
New firms drivers only get max 20 days + Statutory.

I GET A DAY AND 1/2 PER MONTH,CAN ONLY TAKE EM WHEN IVE EARNED EM(PAID)AND I GET MAX £30 A DAY
:cry: :cry: :cry:

i get 34 days a year that includes yer stat days,after 10 years service they add a full 24hours to your 34 making it 35 days per year. wooooooooooo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Starting a new job 4th Jan with 25 days plus bank holidays :smiley: :smiley:

Only work Monday to Friday, get 25 days per year plus all BHs have to save 3 for Christmas New Year. :smiley: