How many before ADR is needed then?

i no diddly squat about ADR :blush: but saw this the other day and wondered how many can you carry like this whether it be a car dervived van or a pickup like in the pic or a flat bed truck before some sort of ADR training/plates etc is needed :question: :question: or does ADR not apply to pickups etc etc :question: :question: and only one strap keeping all those at bay well from what i could see :exclamation: :exclamation:

I am going to see if I have remember some of the stuff that dieseldave has put on this site

333 is the limit so each of those is about 18 so that can carry 18 of them without ADR but a 2kg powder fire extuinguisher must be carried

As I don’t have ADR, how did I do ?

ROG:
I am going to see if I have remember some of the stuff that dieseldave has put on this site

333 is the limit so each of those is about 18 so that can carry 18 of them without ADR but a 2kg powder fire extuinguisher must be carried

have you misplaced that book then you normally keep next to the computer for situations like this…if your having to recall in your head :question: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :exclamation: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

■■■■ !! - I have lost that book :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Yes ROG, spot-on!! (Provided that the cylinders aren’t empties being returned to the depot. :wink: )

Assuming that there is actually gas in the cylinders…
The gas is a flammable gas, which is ‘liquified.’ (The cylinders in the pic look like 18kg propane to me.)

UN Class 2.1 (flammable gas) is in ADR Transport Category 2, so the ‘trigger’ limit is 333kg nett, which completely disregards the weight of the cylinders.

The part that we don’t know is whether the cylinders are empty, in which case they’re in ADR Transport Category 4 so the driver could carry as many as they like and ADR will NOT apply, because Transport Category 4 is unlimited, so it has NO ‘trigger’ limit. :smiley:

Cruise Control:
… or does ADR not apply to pickups etc etc :question: :question:

Hi Cruise Control, ADR does apply to pickups mate.
There was an automatic exemption if a vehicle was <3.5t, but that exemption ended on 01/01/07.

Cruise Control:
… and only one strap keeping all those at bay well from what i could see :exclamation: :exclamation:

ADR has quite strict load securing requirements, but the vehicle in the picture is more than fully compliant.

dieseldave:

Cruise Control:
… or does ADR not apply to pickups etc etc :question: :question:

Hi Cruise Control, ADR does apply to pickups mate.
There was an automatic exemption if a vehicle was <3.5t, but that exemption ended on 01/01/07.

Cruise Control:
… and only one strap keeping all those at bay well from what i could see :exclamation: :exclamation:

ADR has quite strict load securing requirements, but the vehicle in the picture is more than fully compliant.

Of course there is an ADR exemption for all vehicle carrying hazardous if you are involved in filming an episode of Casualty, Emmerdale or Heartbeat (but the load for this must be carried in an AEC or Thames Trader and the driver must be wearing a safety flat cap) :smiley: